Chapter 2: Through a glass darkly (ooc)

It is only covered by the focus if you do it as part of your work (you feel righteous anger when you think of mice nibbling at your creations, which makes your magic stronger. Using mice for experiments doesn't create that kind of anger).

I was planning on sponting a ReAn to summon an animal. If I have it figured right, it's base 2 to plant a single suggestion in the mind of an animal, +2 Voice range, +1 Concentration duration, for a total Level 5. I'm almost positive I won't be able to maintain concentration while talking to the wee critter with my Animal Ken, but I think it's worth a try.

Unless we all want to yell "For the Horde" and go charging through :slight_smile:

Depending on dropping freshness , they would give an arcane connection. :wink:
Or the sight of a berserk swan intimidating a mouse , might be fun.

You find usable mouse droppings (elegant idea).

I thought about mouse droppings. Only problems are (1) wasn't sure if the droppings would be from a mouse that's still alive and (2) that would add +2 Magnitudes to the spell, pushing it from a 5 to a 15. And my current Casting Total for ReAn is 8-1 (Divine Aura)+Stress Die. I can probably pull off at least a 3 on the roll, which would give me a 5 on the spont. Pretty sure I can't pull off a 23.

I think we're all doomed to end up trapped on the other side of the mirror one way or another, in order to advance the plot, but we might as well pretend we're going in with all the precaution we can.

The mouse is a brilliant idea, if things can come back through the portal once through it. You're spont'ing, so don't forget that you can choose to put any "penetration" value into up'ing the spell's characteristics. Duration is the only really valuable one to bump, though, and the 5/10 gap makes spontaneous spells at Target Level 5 unlikely to roll up. Still, it is worth a try.

Penalty for Divine Aura is (-03xAura).
Regardless of Voice Range , Hermetic Magic still requires you to see the target , afaik.
If you used Structure or Room , then that should work.

Not trying to be critical , thats just my comprehension of the RAW.

Well, crap. Better go edit my casting total, then.

Sad part is, I'm getting the same kind of rolls I used to get when I was playing Ars tabletop. (and other games, too, for that matter).

And, somehow, I don't think throwing the Invisible Castle in the freezer for a week to teach it a lesson is a viable option this time.

I rarely get extraordinary rolls and if i do , its for something trivial.
My best dice are still the first ones i purchased from Games of Berkeley over twenty years ago.
(on my first ever overseas trip)

Looks like Cygna beat me to it.
I was going to spont a clothe the naked animal spell and see if i could put a nifty cloak on the mouse.
Hopefully making it easier to catch.

Oh, you can still try that (minor time overlaps like that happen all the time). But pls try it on the other thread - it helps me tell apart your brainstorming from your character's deeds.

Spont for Clothe the Naked Animal , ReHe(An) 10
Base 03 , +02 Voice , +01An
(tech+form+sta+aura+s.d.)/02
(10+04x02+0-03+6)/02=10.5 , R.D.=10
Stress Die=06

Finesse Roll
per+finesse+s.d.
02+03(+02)+06(dice)+03(craft at 05)+06(virtue)=22
Stress Die=06

Mouse is size -10 , linen cloth about the size of a handkerchief.
trying to make a small form-fitting cloak with a long train.

Nearly forgot , i should have stated the attempted level of the spell due to Chaotic Magic.
10 would have been my choice. :astonished:

One month into the game, rolling out new characters? :laughing:

Mus musculus (Latin for house mouse, no kidding)

Attack +250; Defense +300, soak +75000

well, okay maybe a little less.

So what do you do with the fearsome critter?

And no Might Score!
Bind it as my Familiar! :wink:

I'm waiting for the emo dude to waft all lyrical and hand the critter over to the swanette.
(We have a local football team called The Sydney Swans , the Swanettes are their former cheer squad)

Reepicheep

Dwarf :stuck_out_tongue:

I may go out tomorrow if I can borrow a coat to wear
Oh I'd step out in style with my sincere smile and my dancing bear
Outrageous alarming courageous charming
Oh who would think a boy and bear
Could be well accepted everywhere
It's just amazing how fair people can be

Seen at the nicest places where well fed faces all stop to stare
Making the grandest entrance is Simon Smith and his dancing bear
They'll love us, won't they?
They feed us, don't they?
Oh, who would think a boy and bear
Could be well accepted everywhere
It's just amazing how fair people can be

Who needs money when you're funny?
The big attraction everywhere
Will be Simon Smith and his dancing bear
It's Simon Smith and the amazing dancing bear

Alan Price Set - Simon Smith & his amazing dancing bear 1967

Just want to be sure I've got the sequence right.

1. Cygna starts her Summon Wee Mousey spell as Viscaria rigs the throw-the-lens-through-the-mirror apparatus, pulling the lens back from Otherwhen intact.
  2. The mouse appears, sniffs the air, starts to run away.
  3. Serrano sponts his Garb the Wee Mousey spell, in hopes that someone will try to catch it.
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

Hopefully, if someone catches the mouse (if no one attempts by the time I get home from work in the morning, I'll give it a go), then Cygna won't have her latest meltdown.

Then we can rig a harness on the mouse and send it through on a little recon mission.

In the Contract we signed , i understood that families , social life and jobs were not to impede posting. :stuck_out_tongue: