Chapter 3e (Autumn 1230): The Amazon Threat

Also, it looks like Timaios first joined up in 1228 (at the Tribunal), so he may have a loooot of seasons of study to catch up to the current date.

Regardless, two seasons reading Insights into Insight (the summa, not the tractatus) could net me 24 Intellego xp and push Timaios from level 5 to level 8, if we think that pursuing Intellego is a good idea. If he has more seasons than that to spend in study, could do even more.

Note that Timaios needs to rely on formulaic spells because he has the Difficult Spontaneous Magic flaw.

I think it depends in part on what your long term plans are for the character? That said, for a Quaesitor I'd usually expect Intellego to be important. Some Parma would probably be good as well (although that will need a bit of juggling with what everyone else is doing, and sadly the convenient table JohnGraham52 did is another victim of the forum software change).

Suggestion - could we track that in a google doc instead of a forum post? We can't each edit the forum post.

I'm open to following what the team thinks will be helpful for the storyline. Intellego is certainly a strong contender. I agree that turning the library reserve form into a Google doc is probably a good way to go for our planning purposes.

I have now put it as a table in the other thread. That said, if someone else wants to google-doc it I'm happy for them to - I don't have it myself, though.

My memory (as usual) fails me: this thread is labeled "Autumn 1230", but where did we pull that date from?

At any rate, Viola is happy to enchant whatever device the others thing will help most--would we prefer some kind of scrying, or the defensive ReHe effect?

Scott

Oh...and is there anything Asena needs to be doing to prepare?

Scott

From memory, there were a couple of things going into the Autumn 1230 date:

• That was the point at which Fray was going to have become eligible to become a Council member.
  • It left a bit of time for developments with Tasia (and the question of whether the covenant was about to come under immediate attack, defending from which as was Gregorius' immediate priority).

The key thing Gregorius really wanted from Asena was her assessment of how likely it was that mounted archers would be able to snipe at them from outside Voice range. He had also asked her whether she could summon wolves without worrying about getting fatigued (assuming no hostile aura).

Spellswise, he was wondering if she could invent a (preferably Moon duration) spell that would make horses unafraid of her wolves.

Asena replies that bows will easily outrange voice--not targeted fire, mind you, but volleys of arrows.

As for the spells, I'll have to look when I get a chance.

Scott

Fray created the R:Sight version of Opening the Intangible Tunnel so we could operate well outside bow and voice range. Preferably we could move with almost complete stealth.