Chapter 4: Into the council chamber yet again

Heinrich -

[color=red]I will stay. Justus seems ready to depart and is correct about not leaving this covenant without authority. Especially this covenant! Hellfire, for all practical purposes it is still under siege! God speed on your journey and I'll see to it all remains as well and protected as I am able to do. I'll play it safe. No extra risks.

Heinrich at a suitable moment -

[color=red]Justus, would you consider teaching me and helping me to strengthen my parma magica?

[color=green]Mariella

[color=red]Heinrich, you ability to defend this covenant in the absence of Myself is negligible. Your parma is poor and your mastery of offensive magics none existant. If our oppenent could overpower Justus you will pose no obstacle and may not be as lucky as he was. You will just be adding to the bodycount. I will return once my brother is safe and in the meantime our enemy has alrady looted our library I doubt there is much left she seeks

Heinrich bristles - [color=red]Negligible, eh? I could probably conjure up a fine vat of stinging nettles for your bath if I needed to. At least, you could sugarcoat it and pretend you'd rather me along for my stunning intellect. Heinrich snaps [color=red]Fine, fine, I'll come!

[color=green]Mariella

[color=red]If nettles are the limit of your offensive talants I will live in fear for the rest of my days . Now if everyone has finally decided to act I leave shortly

Mariella leaves the room

[color=blue]OOC

I am going to start the next thread but if anyone has anything to add here go ahead

Justus response to Henrich’s request of teaching:

[color=red]Maybe this spring. If you need then maybe I can be of assistance. But most interesting is how many seasons return work would you do for my account? If it suites you better then I can write a tractatus on Parma magica during the spring for your reading during the summer. Then you’ll only need to repay me with a single season of work. Perhaps if I write during the spring then you could begin the installations of a major focus in my laboratory. I intend to focus the laboratory upon spell invention. What do you think?

[color=red]Although this'll help little, we could maybe hide the books, and, more importantly, keep some AC to them.

[color=blue]Hum... here's an idea for a trap :smiley: we could "buy" a good book, and hope it gets stolen...

Heinrich replies to Justus - [color=red]Your offer is most magnanimous. I am honored that you would consider me suited but I fear I must decline. I think I will wait until we recover the parma summae and instead focus on magic theory. These discussions of the Wizard's Communion have me focused on how I can best aid in protecting the covenant. Your offer is gracious, though, thank you.

[color=red]Heinrich, I wrote and tractati that perhaps might be interesting for you. It is upon the subject of Magic Theory and covers a few thing that hermetic magic can learn from hedge magic’s. Perhaps a bit controversial for some persons tastes but I think that we must think in new directions otherwise our order will stagnate. But feel free to do as you wish. Justus then exits the council chamber in order to prepare for the journey ahead of them.

[color=red]That's great!
Once you and I both have learned it, we'll be able to cast a 6th magnitude Aegis.
The best thing would be for a fourth magus to learn it, and then, to procure an 8th magnitude Aegis casting tablet

OOC
Mariella has said that she can learn the current Wizards communion at any time , so she can learn it when she has spare time.

Nice idea with the trap

[color=red]Das ist gut, mein Freund!