Chapter 4: The new spring

And, boy, does Wirth like this!!! (Although he's infamous for his awful, awfull writing, nobody ever seems to understand him :laughing: )

Eric can have a scribe here by summer. Transcribe your spells (as according to normal rules), and the scribe will copy any grimoires available into a compilation (you can copy lab texts faster than you can transcribe), and when he finishes Eric will pick it up and drop off a similar work in exchange. Sylvian is the one that will categorize these compilations and see that they are distributed to those who pay his subscription fee.

[color=green]Iolar
Iolar laughs astonished at such a suggestion
[color=red]But don't you know, I spent my missing years looking for Quendelon after all it is the destiny for one of my sisterhood to kill him and take his place. Anyway its not me thats odd its this place , home was so much more magical we had less servants and the dam itself served , cleaned and cooked for us. Life was so much easier back then.
She looks sad for a moment
[color=red]But life goes on , and there is so much new to see in the wider world and at least no one tells me what I can do anymore, no curfew

Roerto laughs at your joke, listens quietly as you say what you say, and when the dance is done I bow gracefully and kiss your hand.

Okeanos apears, walking from the docks, 2 enchanting women and another and a man behind him:
Octchall
Dorala
Lucy

If anyone was actually at the shorline watching they would have seen all thre of them shimmer as they breached the waters surface and walked upon the shore..

Okeanos and party march on up.

during a break between songs Okeanos will take the opportunity...

[color=red]I would like to take a moment to introduce a member from the order of triton
and to make the announcement that i shall marry this lovely woman right here..clasping Lucy's hand tightly. [color=red]and that this man an his wife shall soon be my in laws.

Well then :smiley:

David & Havlard
Dragor gathers the two of you together to discuss this “Wild Hunt” matter. He is sure that Davis is curious as to why this happens to you. Dragor himself is curious how it affects shape-changers in general. It will occur just after he has to deal with the full moon. He also inquires of you two as to some way to achieve the wolf form and retain his mind and to change as he desires, so that he may improve his skills in service. Finally, he suggests that he accompanies Havlard on a short journey where they can camp and wait for the hunt, in order that it not adversely affect the covenant. He mentions to David that Havlard invited him to go on the hunt, but he wanted to get your permission first.

Dragor is a manipulative little dastarb!

Smiling Iolar curtsies and returns to the entertainment around the room, after overhearing the conversation about the wild hunt she looks worried but avoids getting involved in the conversation.
She keeps one eye on the arrived merfolk but does not approach them

Clara is an NPC according to Wirth's Flaw, so I am taking control of her for a moment.

[color=green]Clara: I presume Wirth cover's Clara with his Parma when involving her in xocial situations with magi, as you have mentioned this before) [color=red]Oh Iolar! Come meet Okeanos' bride to be! Isn't it wonderful? True love is in the air and the spring is here!

You can see the pure joy on Clara's face, and the blishing mere-bride to be seems oh so very jubilant. You gaze over at Roberto who is now hanging out with his pals Marcello, Pedro, and Carlos. He is certainly a handsome man and very much a gentleman. There is a spark between you.

But he is a Flambeau. How would he react if he knew the truth?

David half-nods, indicating to Dragor he will think about this and let him know soon. He's not about to make any spur-of-the-moment promises that he might regret later - especially not in the presence of the weird Englishman. He changes the subject to something relatively harmless - the use of Perdo and Creo and their relation to the platonic world of perfect forms. All the while, he's sizing the other man up, listening to the wording rather than the content of his responses, and generally trying to get a sense of how he thinks and what makes him tick.

[color=green]Havlard:

In response to questions about the Hunt:

[color=red]We will discuss this at the council meeting.

When David switches the talk to magic he learns that Havlard has some very strange ideas about the relationships of the forms and techniques. He tends to use the elements interchangeably in examples like there is really no difference.

Iolar smiles at Clara's enthusiasm but her memory of her conversation with Okeanos makes her less certain that this indeed is true love , that and her suspicion of faeries.
She allows herself to be lead over and speaks with the young mermaid and her parents mentioning that she has met their other daughter . She is genuine in her hope that the union will be a happy one. She is also curious about their magics but does not try to turn the conversation to business instead keeping her conversation on mundane topics.
She is aware of the occasional look Roberto gives her and does take pains to show her best profile .
She does not let concerns about the future bother her, life is for living and the future can look after itself , she trusts in herself and in human nature to take care of problems.

Wirth cracks up a half-smile.
[color=red]Congratulations to you both.

[color=red]This is good, and I think we should open this to everyone. The more people involved, the better.
Nonetheless, I don't intend to do another season of work this year unless I gain from it. Alieanus created an item for sale, Roberto and I worked on the pier... Time for the other magi to work now.

Alieanus, sylvain seems at ease, he know the deal is a good one for any covenant.
[color=red]So, what do you think of the books trade system? Do we have a deal?
He lets you flip through the Trial of Apollo book in order to tease you.
[color=red]I can't sell or trade this excellent tome to you now, but if you all enter the network, this, and more, would of course become available to you. What do you thing of it?
In the meantime... I must say I reeeeally love your sylph, and am willing to trade The Eye of Agamotto for it. Just look at this book. You know that it's worth at least 5 pawns.
I won't lie to you, I have another copy, so this is a spare one I can easily give to you in exchange for the sylph and your future friendship. You can ask wirth, he can tell you how much I love knowledge and making friends, you can count on me.

Aelianus draws a deep breath. [color=red]The book deal seems nice and it is a good deal for any covenant. How about this deal for the Sylph; You provide me with six pawns of Ignem vis and I’ll spend a season crafting three more sylphs. Then I can make one to your hearts desire. Tell me how you want it to look and I will craft it for you. Then I have two more sylphs that can be traded or sold. That tome of your looks most interesting, it would be an excellent addition to our library. Though its excellence I must confess that for the moment my interest in the magical studies lies upon improving the techniques. I can start the this season or the next one.

Ulrich

Bamf!

You suddenly appear in the basement of the VanHalen House. The pirates (also not invited to the fancy covenant party) are having a drunken cookout of their own.

But that isn’t the point! It is up to you to go and explain to the magi what happened!

BTW

The sun is starting to set. We should wrap up this festival and our coversations and proceed with our council meeting.

Aelianus just needs to close a deal before he can attend. :slight_smile:

:laughing:

Iolar
You just can’t escape it. It is girl talk time.
The servants are back on duty breaking down the party and preparing for the meeting; Aelianus and Wirth are off talking somewhere with Eric and Sylvain. David and Havlard are talking about whatnot (Dragor excused himself without mentioning why); Okeanos is talking to Octchal, and Roberto chatting with his buddies.
No escape. Clara draws you over by Lucy and Dorala to talk in the mysterious and enigmatic ways of womankind.

Ulrich

Hurry but go slow, :laughing:
Your character will naturally be in a hurry, but from a metagame stance, allow the magi to have their meeting. This is a storytelling game, not a tactical simulation :slight_smile:

And you hear a wolf howl in the background :smiley:
It’s Dragor. I figure if the moon is full on April 28 1220, then it should also be full on Aril 1st :mrgreen:
David has never mentioned locking Dragor up. He hasn’t caused any harm so far, and at this point it is just gonna have to be this way from now on :smiley:

I think we mixed up different calendars with those dates. On the Julian Calendar the full moon is on April 19. Which Aelianus will tell you is Solis, ante diem XIII kalendas Maius MCCXX AD. That puts easter on March 22.

For the Gregorian Calendar, that we operate on today but had not been invented yet for the characters, Easter is March 29th and the Full moon is the 26th of April.

Either way the full moon will be past on May Eve. I would like to be clear on which calendar we are using again since we must track full moons, ect.