Chapter 5: On the Road

[color=red]Ah , Wisdom at last I am Magus Jacques of Flambeau , and persuant to the periphral code of the Tribunal I have taken these goods , except for that wagon there. Which contains laboratory equipment and I have stayed to protect it against bandits until your arrival
He gestures at a wagon

[color=green]Dragor: [color=red]Jacques of Flambeau , indeed. Well, I will make sure that my masters know who to thank. Would you be so kind as to help us to transport what remains back to our covenant?

(thinks to self; "When did Flambeau magi start acting like Tytali? Normandy is the armpit of the Order!")

He laughs [color=red]No I have enough new good of my own to move, Now be off with you

If this jerk refuses, then I am going to get all up in his face. And I mean ugly in his face, with a cold intimidating voice.

[color=green]Dragor: [color=red]Listen to me. You will come with us back to our covenant to explain yourself to the magi. I speak with the authority of a Custos of both Novus Mane and the Tremere Exarch of Normandy. Do I make myself clear?

Presence +1, Puissant Entrancement 6+2, Penetration 3 (Entrancement); equals 13 plus a Stress Die
If you are generous, you might give me a bonus for Piercing Gaze, at least to reward my roleplaying so well :smiley:. And I am willing to spend a point of Confidence.

But anyways, the way I read it (ArM5, page 65), all I have to do is penetrate with my roll total. If I penetrate his Parma + Mentem, then he gets a Stamina Roll with a +6 bonus (Questionable command), against an ease factor of my roll total. Ot accounting for his Mentem, if his Parma is 3 or less, then I am in like Flynn. Magic Resistance twenty would require a good roll &/or confidence, MR 25+ would require a great roll and confidence. Looking at the average Magic Resistance of magi ranging from 5 to 20 years of age, I say I have a fair shot at this.

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657009/
total 19 + confidence 22
Dragor tries to compel the magus to obey his orders with his gaze however the mage's parma seems to protect him . He looks away from Dragor's eyes [color=red]"I will let that go once, try anything like that again and you are dead. Now get out of my sight

He turns his back on Dragor and heads back into the tree's

[color=blue]Bandit mage Re 10 Pe 8, Co 10,Me 8, Te 8 Parma 3 (corpus) 10 seasons of lab work , 16 seasons of none heremtic work , 14 seasons study , 10 years out of apprentice

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657205/

roll 6, +13 = 18, +confidence = 21
crap. If you give me the Piercing Gaze bonus I got him. Otherwise I am screwed by one stinking point

wait a minute, Magic resistance doesn't get a roll. I totally have this guy!

Nope, it doesn't^^
And if you don't, I whack him the moment he turns his head away :smiling_imp:

no fair! You jacked his Mentem up a point (you said it was 7 earlier). And no Piercing Gaze bonus? Please? :smiley: Otherwise this is going down sour. If Jan Axel attacks him, Dragor will feel like it is his duty to step up and assist him. We are all dead. And why such a high Mentem score?

If I do it, it'll be as a surprise attack, the moment he turns his head. Hopefully, we can get the drop on him.
If he doesn't, of course, I'll refrain.

And I read the 7 mentem, too :wink:

Dagger in hand, I follow up on Jan. He smashes his head (or swings), I will come in low to stab him in the gut.

But, I don't move until Jan does.

Marcello:

[color=red]Well, at least we have the one wagon. Lend a hand to get it out of this muck and one to the road ( speaking to the 3 men-at-arms).

Dragor is not Roberto

I checked my books at home. It doesn’t matter if his score is 7 or 8. If 7, his resistance is 22, and Penetration needs to exceed magic resistance. Unless you want to give me that bonus for Piercing Gaze :smiley:

But anyway, Dragor will give a nod to Jan Axel as if he would back him up (Pre +1, Guile 3 (half-truths)), but he might not. He’ll hang back, if Jan gets blasted right away, he will squirm and beg for mercy. If he clocks him, only then will Dragor rush in, and he might not stab him either.

Jan swings at the mage and his weapon comes to a halt inches away from the mages head stopped by some invisible force (ReTe 25 effect Base 5 stop all dirt +2 mag metal, +2 sun duration).
The mage turns around and says [color=red]Stop that, killing you would be rude so don't push me any further.
He also steps back from Jan while his two guards draw swords and step forward

Meanwhile back at the covenant the pirate ship returns with a prize. A merchant ship from the Baltic called the 'Neptune's star' it was carrying a cargo of wool mainly but also a cargo of Spices and Silks from Constantinople in unusually large quantities.

Wirth notices that the ship carries the Sigil of a magus carved into the prow the sigil belongs to a forty five year old Jerbiton maga called Isobelle who is a member of the covenant of Trianmore and is beleived to meddle in mercantile activities

If Roberto notices this sigil, then he is greatly concerened. He might even argue with Wirth about it. None of this stuff it to be touched. It belongs to a magus. We need to contact him, return it, and apologize for the mistake. [color=red]We are in volation of our Oath if we keep this. This represents the time and effort of another magus. Stealing it depives him of his magic, because he must spend more time reacquiring that which we stole. In effect, we are stealing his time.

[color=red]I don't care what the Normandy Tribunal has recently ruled. They are wrong. The Tytali have corrupted the judicial system, and it must be brought to the attention of the Grand Tribunal

Dragor uses Entrancement on one of the guards. [color=red]Kill him! (points to other guard)

And Harvard could point out that we are only obliged to return things that contribute to the magical power of the covenant.

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1660360/
The guard swings at the mage and his sword blow is also blocked by the magic.
The mage shouts out a few words in Latin and Dragor finds himslelf raising into the air.
[color=red]"Enougth , I do not wish to kill you but if you continue this assault I will be forced to defend myself"

You mistake me. I did not tell the guard to kill the mage. I told him to kill the other guard.