Chapter One: Getting there is half the fun . . .

Not wanting to miss out on the fun but hoping to protect his newfound friends, Elarion begins casting Veil of Invisibility on himself and then his colleagues (PeIm20), formulaic casting total: Pe 2, Im 13, Sta -1 = +13.

As Elarion finishes his casting, he sags into the boat in a satisfied fatigue. While the casting cost him, the entire company is now invisible to the archers aboard the approaching galley. [color=blue]Elarion takes two fatigue levels.

Octavius picks out the apparant leader of the foredeck archers, who slumps over the railing in sudden slumber, much to the consternation of his squad. This consternation is coumpounded when Lady Sinmore adds to the confusion, and a fire roars to life behind the archers' position.

Claudius is unable to identify the galley drummer - perhaps he is hidden by the hull? - but he can pick out the helmsman, who's grip suddenly becomes lax, as he stares quizzically into the distance. The galley slowly begins to swerve, and the black sail starts to flap erratically.

In the bow, Akoe watches expectantly as galley swings towards the small boat. He can't help but hear the shouts of one of the archers, who is trying to attract the attention of his confederates to their boat. As yet, they seem more preoccupied by the spreading fire, but it may only be a matter of time . . .

FMB,

Question please

"As Elarion finishes his casting, he sags into the boat in a satisfied fatigue. While the casting cost him, the entire company is not invisible to the archers aboard the appraoching galley"

Is the "Not invisible" supposed to be "Now invisible"? Just wasn't sure.

Akoe will wonder how he gets himself into these messes. If he can see the deck is within range, he'll begin shaping a spell to add power to his jump and try to leap for the part of the deck closest to him.

Going for a spontaneous version of Gift of the Frog Legs with a range of personal instead of touch. Casting total (Re 8 Co 5 Stam 0) +13. He will fatigue himself.

Claudius will disable as many individuals as he can, starting with the important ones.

[color=blue]Yep

As the galley drifts closer, Akoe gestures, and then leaps across to its deck. He lands in time to see teh archer who seems to have noticed your boat slump down in sleep. Several others turn, startled by the loud thump from behind them, and gaze around puzzled. In the mean time, teh rest continue to work at smothering the fire.

Akoe will take a moment to get his surrondings. Since Claudius seems to be doing a fine job with the archers, Akoe will let his sodales handle them.

I'm assuming the pirates might have line or some such secured on the railing for use with boarding. If Akoe sees anything like that nearby, he'll knock it over the side so his sodales can try to come aboard if they wish. If doing so would seem to attract undue attention, he won't.

Otherwise, he'll head in the direction of the rowers, one hand on his dagger.

Seeming proud of himself but winded from the rush of magic flowing through his body, Elarion leans against the side of the small boat, taking a moment to regain his composure.

Once he's caught his breath, he begins casting The Call to Slumber (ReMe 10) on the closest dangerous targets. (Casting total 9: Re 5, Me 5, Sta -1).

Pleased that his spell seems to be adding to the general confusion, Octavius looks around for another target. Seeing that most pirates are preoccupied with the fire, with no obvious leaders, he decides to wait on casting another spell. Octavius will stand ready, observing the commotion on the pirate ship. Should a pirate discover thier little boat in the water Octavius wants to be ready to put that sailor to sleep before the alarm can be sounded.

Sinmore looks both a little bored and at the same time slightly agitated. A potentially dangerous combination. Her eyes gleam and her fingers twitch as she scans the smoldering ship and the various effects and chaos that are going on there. Some of the magi have even left the boat or are casting more spells. She nods and clenches her teeth and turns to...Octavius!

"You! I need to blast one of them! Pick one, it can be out of sight, but I can't let you have all the fun. But I don't want to...ruin the plan. So...pick one!" Sinmore looms over him and he can see she's deadly serious.

Valerius keeps to the background as his soldaes seems to be able to handle the pirates. If there is need he will try to cast some spells but for now there seems to not be any need.

Akoe gazes around the increasingly chaotic galley deck, his Second Sight showing him the efforts of his Sodales most clearly. His sharp eyes pick out a colied rope and grappling hook. With a surruptitious flick of his wrist, he sends it tumbling over the side, where it splashes into the water close to the Magi's drifting boat.

As the grapple hits the water, Elarion recovers himself, and begins to impishly pick out pirates, who tumble to the deck asleep. Although several are quickly singed or booted awake, the overall effect is to add to the bedlam aboard.

Octavius nods his approval, and keeps a keen eye out for any potential threat. His attention is distracted by the words Lady Sinmore maanges to choke out.

:laughing::lol::lol:

As Octavius ponders his options, Akoe is confronted with a chilling sight. A flashily dressed pirate, clearly a leader of some sort, emerges on deck. He is massive, towering well over six feet, brandishing a wickedly large sword, and glares directly at Akoe before pointing to him and roaring out a command. While Akoe can't understand the words, his intent is clear, and a group of pirates move cautiously towards where Akoe stands, his ratty senses tinglingly aware of danger.

[color=blue]At the moment, only Akoe can see this new threat.

Octavius jumps at the commanding voice of Lady Sinmore, and the small boat rocks slightly. Listening with mouth slightly agape, he just stares at her for a moment, a little intimidated by her overpowering figure. Gulping, he quickly turns back to the ship, scanning for a target that might not be noticed if he spontaneously exploded.

"There!" Octavius points up to the top of the main-mast. "No one is looking up at the man in the crow's nest."

Slowly lowering his arm, his brow creases as he considers what he has just done. Perhaps telling a Flambeau to aim for the sails wasn't such a good idea. Shrugging mentally, he watches what Lady Sinmore does, figuring the ship could always be rowed to port.

[color=indigo]Since my ratty senses are tingling...

Akoe will strike a dramatic pose. He'll begin waving his hands wildly. as if casting a spell, "Oh you who can see the unseen," he'll yell at the top of his voice in Latin (hoping his sodales can hear him, and Sir Gaudy here can't speak Latin), "Beware the wrath of sleep and your little sister!!!!"

Hopefully the other pirates will converge on the sound of his voice. Akoe will try to move so they are between him and Sir Gaudy and then change into his hearbeast. He'll try to stay out of reach and keep attention focused off the side where his sodales are located.

Sinmore follows Octavius's trembling finger to the far flung man in the crow's nest. She nods grimly as a smile creeps across her lips. She brushes a lock of red hair from her eyes and nods again eagerly.

"Aye...aye! Yes, he'll do nicely." she agrees and claps Octavius on the shoulder in a friendly manner, it still feels as if a bear paw cuffed him.

"Thank you Sodales! Now...watch this!"

She begins to chant in Latin, her voice a bold shout as she gestures grandly in her favorite Arts. A smell of burning hair precedes the forming of a ball of radiant fire in her right hand, she reaches back to hurl it and let's it fly at the far off pirate, heat shimmering in the air around the boat.

Ball of Abysmal Flame level 35 +, Casting total 32. Damage +30

The chaotic sounds aboard the galley are momentarily lost in the sussurating boom that accompanies the impact of Sinmore's Abyssal Ball. The top thrid of the galley's mast disintigrates in a cataclysm of flame, and the burning remains of a huge lateen sail billow down on to the deck, crashing into the crew, several of the rowers, and the area where Akoe, the pirate officer, and the alerted pirates stand.

[color=blue]Akoe, can I have a heartbeast + quickness roll please, followed by an athletics plus quickness roll?

[color=indigo]Hope I did that right. Never used Invisible Castle before.

Well, Claudius is definitely not getting on board a ship on fire, as this one seems to be - even if there is the prospect of treasure in the hold. He will hang back and make sure all his sodales make it off the ship safely.

"Whoaaa!" Octavius exclaims as he throws his arm up to shield his eyes and face from the searing flash of light and heat given off from Lady Sinmore's ball of fire. Slowly lowering his hand, he gazes up at what remains of the pirate ship, watching as the burning remains of the sail float down around the crew.

"Quite impressive, my lady," he says quietly to Sinmore, glancing over to her to see her reaction to the explosion she just created.

Sinmore does indeed look quite pleased with herself.

"Aye, thanks Sodales. But now I think we're losing our prize. Let me see what I can do about that." she says as she helps up Octavius and then reaches over to one of the dangling ropes on the ship. She secures her sword and armor and then begins hauling herself up onto the ship.

[i]Sinmore will try to board the ship and start putting out fires as well as any pirates stupid enough to stand before her. She'll cast a non fatiguing spontaneous spell to put out the fires.

Base level 4 Extinguish a fire. She'll extend the range to Touch, bringing total to 5.

Pe = 3, Ignem = 15+3, Sta = 4, total 25/5 = 5. She'll walk around and touch any fire putting it out with the spell.[/i][/i]

[color=blue]Hi gang, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I had to fly out to Halifax and then back - my boy's off to visit his mom for a while. I got home late and tired.

Akoe is unable to change shape before the flaming sail descends, but luckily, he's quick enough in his human form to dodge the falling debris. As the sail crashes to the deck, his shape shivers, and conracts into that of a large rat.

The pirate officer seems nonplussed at the sudden disappearence of his foe. After glaring around confusedly, he rapidly snaps orders to the crew members not trapped under the sail, who begin efforts to put out the fire. The officer strides to the railing in an effort to see the extent of the damage, only to catch sight of the boat of magi, and the unmistakable shape of Sinmore climbing aboard. His eyes popping out, he begins shouting orders to the archers at the foredeck.

Meanwhile, Sinmore clambers aboard the galley with little difficulty, as it is now dead in the water. She ascends into a vision of madness. Flames roar up form the sail, desperate sailors rush around trying to put out the flames. Screams and the smell of roasting flesh can be ehard from beneath the sail, and smoke pours out of the oarlocks, as the rowers caught beneath the flaming canvas burn. Sinmore begins to put out the fires as fast as she is able, but cannot help but notice both that the foredeck archers, free of the sail, seem to be drawing aim on the boat below.

[color=blue]Qcipher, can I have Awareness + Perception please? I'd also like the same roll from anyone still in the boat.