Chapter Three OOC: Not in Kansas anymore

Amul InVi spell:
You were hit by a PeVi and an ReCo(Req) strong effect each.

Ravenscroft:
As a non-native speaker, I was a bit lost about the wording of the spell guideline. I did some botanical research on the tree (wiki mostly):
The wood is high quality, beautiful and one doesn't slip on it even when it's wet.
It contains an oil-like substance that can be used to treat wood to make it more durable and something akin to natural rubber (poor quality, and I doubt it has been discovered in the 13th century).
The leaves can be used as red dye.
Flowers, leaves, bark and wood are a traditional medicine against fever and gastric flu.
Don't you dare touch another tree - this is hard work! :smiley: )

Ah , but what about Shape & Material bonus.
Even if undiscovered , might have applications other than trying to retrofit 20th century uses to Mythic Europe.
Alchemy could refine it to better quality.

Of huge interest to someone working with cloth , he says rhetorically.

I will naturally suggest it needs to be applied as a suppository.

ROFLMAO! Like Her Maj, and family, I enjoy scatalogical humour. (In Japan, many medicines are prescribed this way.)

Using a white flower as a suppository :laughing:

As for Shape and Material boni, I thought there is a TMRE virtue that deals with those.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limestone

Looks like rough, somewhat uneven and dry would be good choices. Limestone formations are created by its solubility (it dissolves), so probably a good bet that it is uncluttered, too.

Can magi tell that they've gained Warping Points? I thought that the only way to tell was either more prone to Twilight (for Magi) or Weird Stuff Happens To You (for mortals)

I wasn't sure, so I asked this myself, and here is JM's answer, at least for our game.

Besides, if Redcaps were taking Warping every time they stepped through a portal, they'd be picking up flaws and virtues. We'd have noticed.

Lost, confused, out of place and out of sorts. Yeah, that'll do wonders for Cygna's temperament :laughing:

(p.s. woot! I've gone from Apprentice to Journeyman!)

I don't know if CHARACTERS can feel warping points in RAW, but since I had to tell the PLAYERS, I thought, well let's make it a bit less mechanical.

Your protective spells are still up.

This is an impression of the cave (not the larger one where you are, but of the rock in general):
http://www.privathauswalter.de/Freizeit/tropfsteinhoehle.JPG

If you do a google image search on Jenolan Caves , you might find some more pics.

Hrm, somehow I translated "lost and confused" into "nauseous." Do we want to revise the comments that V makes? Even without info on her warping, her actions thus far would remain the same.

Bored, avoiding work, and so I do some game-related housekeeping. This is really just my way of fidgeting and procrastinating on other responsibilities.

Radagst, are you waiting for a response from JM or from those of us still inside the cave? Cygna and I seem to be hanging out here.

We haven't heard from Helena in a while. Weylund, what's up with you?

Heims, are you still with us? Or is The Fixer still drowning in pre-holiday work?

If people dont turn up soon (allowing for existential time differences) ,
Serrano will start attempting sponts of all kinds of summoning spells.
:astonished:

Viscaria: Taste range means licking stuff!?

Hey, it's not what I wanted, it's just as high as I managed to roll. It's a spont'd InVi "detect active magics" spell, and I apparently know the system a lot less than I thought I did. You're free to take my numbers and juggle them in a more beneficial way.

In the meantime, I'm going to grump in a corner, and come up with plans for invested devices full of InVi goodness, so this never happens to her again. Grrr.

Don't worry , Serrano has Taste of the Herbs & Spices in his repertoire.

"Okay, I understand the Animal Vis, but why does the Vim Vis taste like chicken too?"

You have probably realized that you are far away from home.
If you are waiting for sth to happen - it won't (at least not immediately).

You are somewhere and can spend the rest of your lives where you are (Aura: 5) and hope for help (plot: Robinson Crusoe/Lost).
You can turn this into a civilized place that then rejoins the order (plot: Jule Vernes - L'Ile Mysterieuse, ending may vary from the original)
You can try to get back (plot: Star Trek Voyager). This requires some time to find out where you are and what you need to get back home.

You can mix and match.

What I am trying to say is: Prepare yourself to discuss who does what for the rest of this season (or the next five years).

You can adventure of course - but you don't have to!

Ok , so we have someone who can do aerial reconnaissance.
If we want to attract attention (at night) , raise a stone pillar with a ring/circle light spell on the top.
(do the spell before raising the pillar to a great height of course)

We have no labs or study materials (that i know of).
Only enough food for 1 or 2 days and no vis to create anything permanent.
So we need to forage for fresh water and food or magically purify/transform what we can find.

Might be possible to make a balloon.
Some very thin cloth in circle shape , possibly enchanted (MuHe) to make it stronger.
Easy enough to make a basket and ropes if there is enough greenery around.
Ring/Circle spell on something to create heat , attach cloth and into the skies!

Depending on the abuse allowed of ring/circle of course.
If they have to remain immobile , then other uses can still be made.

As far as that goes, I come pre-installed with Terram vis and can probably build a lab out of that and craft skills. But yeah.

Also, we have half a season's worth of supplies. Never really outlined what was in that.