Character creation

That would be fine. The mage may be posted now.

In light of this, I'll change Vassos's Hunt 3 (30XP) to Hunt 2 (15XP) and Bows 2 (Short bow) (15XP), if that's OK.

silveroak, would you mind putting brief notes on anything mechanical that the Covenant boons and hooks do? I have very few listed in the core book.

It is okay, noted and done with annotating the effect of covenant virtues

I updated my grogs with the combat totals / Soak / Burden. I hope I did not make any mistake.

You had one miscalculation (spear attack you had as 7 instead of 6), I also notice Vassos is posted twice- one needs to be deleted and the information consolidated to a single post- the thread is supposed to be character sheets not repeated drafts.

fixed :slight_smile:

I had already fixed it- you switched it back- I fixed it again. The correct value is 6. (Dx:0+great weapons:3+ weapon attk bonus:3)

hooo misunderstanding. I missread you. Sorry :confused:

Double post fixed. If must've been a double post because both had Bows!

Change of plan for my companion; I'm opting for a Mendicant Friar with a small supernatural bent. He suffers from Visions (which are what brought him on this trip in the first place - he Saw that he should be here), but comes with knowledge of both the Dominion and the Infernal, and the ability to sense them.

Partial character below - still have to finish allotting abilities. I'm open to swapping to Major Visions, Minor Piety if silveroak feels he can make use of the Visions better as a major.

Galenos, Domnican Friar (companion):
Characteristics: Int 1, Per 2, Str 0, Sta 2, Pre 0, Com 2, Dex -2, Qik 0
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Virtues: Mendicant Friar (min), True Faith (maj), Sense Holiness & Unholiness (min), Book Learner (min), Student of the Dominion (min), Student of the Infernal (min)
Flaws: Monastic Vows (maj), Pious (maj), Visions (min), Pessimistic (min)
Personality: Pessimistic +2, Devout +3,
Combat:
Soak: (unarmoured)
Fatigue: 0,0,-1,-3,-5,Unconscious
Wounds: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20)
Equipment:
Encumbrance:
Faith: 1
MR: 10 (faith)

Abilities:
0-5 years:
Greek 5
Awareness 2 (15)
Charm 1 (5)
Folk Ken 2 (15)
Athletics 1 (5)
Swim 1 (5)

Later Life 22*15 = (330 XP remaining)
(can take Academics, and Lores - Divine, Infernal)
Sense Holiness and Unholiness 4 (free level plus 45) (295)
Artes Liberales 2 (15) (280)
Latin 3 (30) (250)
Dominion Lore 3 (30) (220)
Infernal Lore 1 (5) (215)
Theology 2 (15) (200)

There isn't really a major version of visions.

Sorry, my mistake; I'd noticed it had three words in its type (minor, story, supernatural), and in my mind assumed they were (major, minor, story).

Ok, here's one Dominican monk, completed. Note that I've swapped Int and Sta, in addition to finishing off the skills.

Galenos, Domnican Friar (companion):
Galenos first felt the touch of the Divine as quite a young child. His walk with God seemed to him much more literal than that of other Christian children, and even of many of the clergy. Upon adulthood, he entered University and studied a broad curriculum, all the while growing in faith. He found that he had a knack for telling whether a location was sacred, and still feels greatly at peace in even the smallest churches.

One memorable day, Galenos happened to glance at a man who caused him great revulsion. Almost instinctively, Galenos realised the "man" must actually be a servant of the Infernal, and cried out. Senior clergy came to his aid, were able to confirm his suspicions, and drive the demon off. Since that day Galenos has been troubled by visions of the future, which he has come to resent, feeling that they are meant only to cause him harm. Nevertheless, he heeds these visions - and it was one such hazy vision of his presence with the Magi in some unknown location that brought him on the current voyage.

Characteristics: Int 2, Per 2, Str 0, Sta 1, Pre 0, Com 2, Dex -2, Qik 0
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Virtues: Mendicant Friar (min), True Faith (maj), Sense Holiness & Unholiness (min), Book Learner (min), Student of the Dominion (min), Student of the Infernal (min)
Flaws: Monastic Vows (maj), Pious (maj), Visions (min), Pessimistic (min)
Personality: Pessimistic +2, Devout +3, Scholarly +1
Combat:
Fist: +0 Init, -2 Attack, +0 Defense, +0 Damage
Soak: 1 (unarmoured)
Fatigue: 0,0,-1,-3,-5,Unconscious
Wounds: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20)
Faith: 1
Magic Resistance: 10 (faith)

Abilities:
Greek 5 (Preaching)
Awareness 3 (Avoiding ambush)
Charm 1 (First impressions)
Folk Ken 4 (Peasants)
Athletics 1 (Running)
Swim 1 (Staying afloat)
Sense Holiness and Unholiness 4 (Holiness)
Artes Liberales 2 (Rhetoric)
Latin 5 (Theology)
Dominion Lore 4 (Angels)
Infernal Lore 2 (Demons)
Theology 2 (Biblical knowledge)
Civil and Canon Law 1 (Canon law)
Philosophiae 1 (Metaphysics)
Teaching 4 (Latin)
Etiquette 1 (the Church)
Survival 1 (Greek countryside)
Medicine 1 (Apothecary)

XP Spend:
0-5 years:
Greek 5
Awareness 2 (15)
Charm 1 (5)
Folk Ken 2 (15)
Athletics 1 (5)
Swim 1 (5)

Later Life 22*15 = (330 XP remaining)
(can take Academics, and Lores - Divine, Infernal)
Sense Holiness and Unholiness 4 (free level plus 45) (295)
Artes Liberales 2 (15) (280)
Latin 5 (75) (205)
Dominion Lore 4 (50) (155)
Infernal Lore 2 (15) (140)
Theology 2 (15) (125)
Civil and Canon Law 1 (5) (120)
Philosophiae 1 (5) (115)
Teaching 4 (50) (65)
Etiquette 1 (5) (60)
Survival 1 (5) (55)
Medicine 1 (5) (50)
Awareness 3 (15) (35)
Folk Ken 4 (35) (0)

Time for a complete write up of the companion. To help confuse people, her name is Angie.
Name: Angie
Confidence 1 (3)
Characteristics: Com+3 Pre+3 Dx-2 Qu-2 Per+1 St-2 Int+2 Sta+0
Virtues: Wealthy, Independent Study, Ceremony (magic), Second Sight, Premonitions, Educated, Arcane Lore, Good Teacher,
Flaws: Weakness (kittens), Curse of Venus, Humble, Magical Air, Motion Sickness, Fragile Con
Note: She isn't fluff-wise wealthy when the game starts, but think of it more as a "she only gets expected to do one season of work for the covenant a year."
Abilities: Still percolating
Backstory: Suspected of having the Gift for obvious reasons, she was brought to the Covenant from her family. The parents while rich, were more than eager to get rid of their children and send them off to a life of "power and wealth". (Plus that knew a little of the Order.) It was a win win. But it became almost instantly clear that Angie never had the Gift, just the magical air that came with it.

Still she did have several other useful supernatural abilities. The seekers had high hopes for her, plus who doesn't want a girl like her around? So she stayed. While Abigail learned magic Angie learned, well magic too, but no where near as epic magic.
WIP will finish soon!

Galenos is good, and can be posted, Angie- so far so good, except one thing- ceremony (magic). I have seen ceremony n both divine and infernal, but not with magic as a focus- could you tell me which book you found this in?

Its buried in ancient magic. One of the inserts. I can dig up the page number if you want. Their is also Faerie ceremony in the Faerie Realm O Power book.

Yes, I did find the faerie version. You do understand that Ancient Magic is essentially the book of things no living person can do... what is the page number?

Page 116. I took it as more of a general "This is an ability that showed up in a lot of ways" sort of like second sight, as opposed to "Hyperborean specific ability". If you disagree I'll change it. Can't go wrong with a spare virtue.

It is buried in Hyperborean choirs, and is directly linked to them- if we were talking about a character initiated into a custom hedge tradition I might allow it, but it seems to me that the ceremony supernatural virtue is one which must be initiated and was lost in establishing hermetic theory- some Diedne might (have) known it, but nobody in the order today.

KK I'll change it.