character design and development

first of all, before you state something is fixed, it should be fixed on the wiki. The characteristics on the wiki have not been fixed. I have not reviewed the remainder of the character due to this lack, in part because it currently shows 16 points in characteristics, which could be improved characteristicsx3, which obviously would impact the rest of the character.

I had problems accessing to the wiki, now the characteristics are edited. A total of 13 points before size adjustments.

Now that Gloriana has bound Mother Rabbit, and maxxed the Gold cord, she will spont a version of the Wizard's Regimen (Creo Str-raising ritual), twice at level 30 Base, R:Personal, D:Momentary, T:Ind , as her Str is -2. Her minor focus applies (Self-Transformation), so her total is CrCo 28x3=84, +5 Magic Aura, +5 Stamina + 9 AL/Philosophae + 12 similar spell (level 60) + _: 1D10 = [5] = 5 roll/2 = 60, more than enough for the first roll. This is debilitating, she has to spend 3 vis (Mercurian Magic), she can substitute Co pawns with "Imbued with the Form of Corpus", so she spends: 1 short term Fatigue for Spont 1/2, 1 Long Term Fatigue for the Ritual, 3 Long Term for the vis, so 5 Fatigue, nearly Unconscious.

She will rest for 5 days and do the 2nd one:

CrCo 28x3=84, +5 Magic Aura, +5 Stamina + 9 AL/Philosophae + 12 similar spell (level 60) + _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 /2 = 61. She will rest another 5 days, a 10 day span in which she will only come out of her lab when she is well-rested.

This will take place in Summer 1124. More improvements as vis is obtained!

Gloriana can do the Circle of Stamina raising Ritual safely, BTW, she's Mastered the spell and has a further 5 dice botch reduction, don't know what's silveroak's position on Mastered Rituals.

I'm uncertain what the question would be regarding mastered rituals...

Hi silveroak! Whether mastered rituals can have their botch dice reduced to zero. In Gloriana's case, Circle of Stamina 60th level, vis requirement reduced by ½ by Mercurian Magic, to 6, -5 Gold cord, - 1 Mastery.

spell mastery explicitly states it can bring the tota of botch dice to zero, and I see nothing in the description of ritual spells to counter that, so yes, you can have zero botch dice.

Thanks!

Aurthor, Arduino and Pazzino are updated to 1123.

I introduced Ibis also (I'm still ready to make changes to his profile if there are any problems with it), the familiar used his Grant Improved Characteristics power 3 times rising Aurthor's Characteristics. Any feedback on this?

Did it spend might or confidence?

Also, Sandor should be aware that his SQ for his class in bows may be reduced by the fact that Erberto has been dragged out on adventure in the winter.

Ibis will spend 2 vis and 1 Confidence Point each time it uses this power, for a total of 6 Herbam vis and 3 Confidence Points.

If I interpreted correctly the rules, thanks to its Vis Mastery quality Ibis can consume vis in place of Confidence Points, up to its Confidence Score of 2 for each single use.

The only question being whether vis+confidence is limited to the confidence score or whether they are limited individually. Which is not clear from the text, but as it is a major quality I'm going to allow the double limit, so yes, this works fine.

Thanks!

For 1124:

Gloriana successfully completed her initiation Quest, she has no more adventures, will advance for the year with Rabbit.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 +4 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine - 2 Bronze cord = -4 no apparent aging.

Sybilla has no adventures, will advance.

Sandor has no adventures, Erberto's adventure with Aurthor is very short, so no problems to SQ, now Sandor, who hero worships Erberto the Brawler wants to go on adventure. As long as there's plenty of food and drink! Will advance for the year.

Danaë has no more adventures, will be advanced : Aging roll _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 +4 Age + - 2Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood= 3, nothing happens (Unaging)

Andros: Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 + 7 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine-3 familiar bond- 6 LR = - 8 nothing happens

and

Lady A [strike]have pending adventures[/strike]. Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 + 4 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood = -17, no apparent aging
Her husband's aging roll _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 + Age 6 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine = 3 apparent aging

*edited multiple times, all done!

Anna's summer reading is now pointless due to her twilight experience, so I'm bumping her spring reading down to summer. With that Anna is updated!

Edit: Also Fang is updated too. Question can familiars refine labs for their magi?

Added this to Evandrus's wiki page! Forgot to do that somehow. :blush:

Also Evandrus's experimentation results:
Simple Die(10), not that it really matters since Evandrus blows the required total away.

Extraordinary results dieurl=http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=182955[/url]-2, (original research lets you do that!) Evandrus gets a perfectly normal version of the spell.

Also catching up on Evandrus's aging. With his 17th mag longevity ritual, and his living conditions of 4+ he only ages on an explosion. So here are seven rolls(No explosions) No apparent aging

Anyway Evandrus is updated!

Aurthor, Ibis, Arduino and Pazzino are updated to 1124.

Creating the following elder magus:

Trianoma ex Verditius
Member of the Arachne's Children Verditius cult of weavers (which was introduced as part of the backstory of Petalichus of Verditius in Magi of Hermes). 67 years post-guantlet. Has come to the covenant from the Theban Tribunal ostensibly because of the Wonderous Weaver, Edith, and relatively abundant vis supplies. Is in fact an ardent Byzantine patriot, here to subvert the Normans' invasion of Byzantine territory in whatever subtle ways she can. She has already had two apprentices, and between these and her many Jerbiton friends from Byzantium she has quite the influential social set. However, she is an illicit and enthusiastic acquirer of the Imperial Purple Dye, which has more than once put her at odds with imperial authorities. Her activities have also made her the object of suspicion of a Quaesitor, who fears she meddles in mundane affairs to such an extent that she is likely to breach the Code - if she has not already done so.

Virtues: Major Magical Focus (The Sun (Planet)), Life Boost, Subtle Magic, Hermetic Magus, Affinity with Ability (Craft (Type)), Great Teacher, Improved Characteristics, Social Contacts
Flaws: Painful Magic, Susceptibility to Infernal Power, Ambitious (Major), Enemies

Will write up full character on the wiki when I get access.

What's the starting "age" for a Faerie character? Should I actually calculate out the average ages of our magi?

It's under character creation rules on the wiki- average magus age is considered to be 120.

also Hroppa- no.
I have stated that new elder characters are only welcome if they represent a house not currently in the covenant. The elder characters are there to get the real characters started, not to be a revolving door of expert magi who for some unknown reason decide to join and drop out of the covenant. If you want to introduce a new older magus then introduce a new house. Otherwise make your apprentice, and make some grogs or a companion to play with until they get apprenticed.