character design and development

With the number of tractatus available on magic theory that could have made you insanely powerful…

Mmh... Should I think again? :wink:

Sometimes it's more fun for the game to make decisions that are less optimal; I decided to not get Affinity MT with Neleos because I knew there was a part of me that would want to spend 3-4 seasons a year reading MT tract until I ran out, and that just isn't what I wanted to do, so I took that option off the table.

Gloriana/MR have adventures in Fall, will advance until Summer. Done!
WINTER: Craft Fertility Ritual, get pregnant, give birth to a Titan! Lab Total: CrCo 66 + 5 Int + 18 MT Creo + 12 Fetish + 7 aura + 10 Lab + 11 Mercurio + 12 MRabbit + 11 Sybilla + 23 Lady A = 175, whew! 35 Trait points available (as she is creating the ritual for herself), to spend 35 pawns of vis, 14 from her Creo stores, 20 from Mother Rabbit (with Vis Mastery), 1 from her Form of Co virtue, her 18 MT for Creo just about enough to handle. Ghost of the mirror Warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 , not this time, but he tries!
Aging: _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 +6 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine -1 Regimen - 4 Bronze cord = 3, apparent aging, bah!

Andros/SR have no adventures, will advance. Done!
Fall warping shenanigans _: 1D10 = [8] = 8, none
Winter warping shenanigans _: 1D10 = [10] = 10, none!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 + 8 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine -3 familiar bond- 6 LR - 1 Regimen - 1 Palatial Lab = -9, nothing happens

Sybilla has adventures in Winter, will advance until Fall. Done!
Craft figurine for Adrianna Weaver for Good Teacher, one for Affinity with Weaver lore for herself. (each one lasts 2 Seasons)

Sandor has the War, must resolve. Done!

Danaë has adventures in the Fall, will advance until Summer.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 +6 Age - 2Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood - 1 Regimen= 5 nothing happens (Unaging)

Lady A has no adventures, will advance.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 , _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 + 6 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood - 1 Regimen = 0 no change.
Her husband's aging roll: 74: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 + Age 8 - 2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine - 1 regimen= 8 apparent aging

raccoonmask, hi!

In Fall 1140, Neleos should develop his House Virtue (Puissant Perdo?). Also, his Perdo score should be higher: 81 xp is 12(3), right? Thus is Neleos's extraordinary affinity with Perdo discovered, Andros can teach him little else on the subject! And together with Harmless Magic, it's also a very strange situation. Andros is baffled!

You are correct and I'll be updating the math. I'm glad Andros is confused by his apprentice, and I look forwards to seeing him deal with his apprentices odd flaws.

silveroak, Lady A will petition the Weavers to be inducted into their little group.

For 1140, Sybilla will craft [strike]Adrianna[/strike] Edith Weaver a figurine that grants her the Good Teacher Virtue for Winter and Spring; she will also craft one for herself that grants affinity in Wise Woman Lore for the same period.

*edited

They welcome Lady A into their group, she may join their classes and train in weaving with them as she desires.

I believe you want to give the good teacher talisman to Edith for 1141

regarding giving birth to a titan:

1. I cannot find a writeup of the ritual anywhere, I would like to review that
  2. in order to contribute to breakthrough points for integration you would need to experiment, as per the rules in HOH:TL, then repeat the lab activity to "stabilize" the results, so you do not get 5 insight just from creating a fertility ritual.

Hi silveroak, have yet to finalize where the 35 points for traits will be allocated. Too many points...

For 2, I believe both our interpretations are incorrect in this particular case (of course, your ruling takes precedence!), after re-reading the box insert:

Although she has done things in the correct order, she already has the second breakthrough, so unless you rule it can be banked towards full integration, she’ll gain no Insight. Oh well. She will not experiment with the Lab Text for her son.

Thanks for the correction, Sybilla will craft the figurine for Edith, had that backwards (although could also have helped Adrianna, who is writing a tractatus). :slight_smile:

Certainly she can have the 5 xp towards stabilizing her fertility magic, that should have been posted with spring rather than winter though since that is when she created the fertility fetish.

silveroak, a question about Gloriana's Fertility-produced son:

•it appears she can choose multiple Hermetic Major Virtues, is this correct? (she is choosing The Gift, obviously; and no multiple foci, which is explicitly forbidden elsewhere)

•Can she choose for some Virtues to manifest later, after Opening (thinking of Apprentices Inherited Virtues)?

•A more general query: does the Elemental Magic Major Virtue exist as written in Core your Saga, or is there a variant in play? Is it at least more similar to the version for Hedge Magi (which allows for adventure xp to be added to the mix)?

Thanks!

yes
yes
both state "when you study an elemental form in a season"- I'm not sure what difference you are seeing between the two, neither allow adventuring experience to be included for bonuses- elemental magic works as written. Study refers to learning from any thing other than adventure or exposure.

Thanks!
I do not see any errata, but the Hedge Magic version at least allows for Adventure xp to be also included, apparently:

Perhaps it's just a mistake by the author, but since it's a weak Major Virtue overall, I had thought this might have been an attempt at a minor patch.

In any case it's not that important, it was just something I was looking at while sifting through the Virtues/Flaws, thanks for looking at it.

For 1141:

Gloriana/MR have no adventures, will advance.
Aging: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 +6 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine -1 Regimen - 4 Bronze cord = -5, no apparent aging
Vis extraction Warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 = none!
Aegis roll is _: 1D10 = [6] = 6, note that her total ReVi increased by 1.

Andros is done with his adventures, will advance.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 + 8 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine -3 familiar bond- 6 LR - 1 Regimen - 1 Palatial Lab = -7, nothing happens

Sandor has adventures in Spring, must resolve. Daughter is 5 years old. Done!

Sybilla has adventures in Spring, Winter, must resolve. Done!

Lady A went on an adventure in Spring, done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 + 6 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood - 1 Regimen = -14 no change
Her husband's aging roll:
_: 1D10 = [6] = 6 + Age 8 - 2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine - 1 regimen= 7 apparent aging

Danaë has adventures in Spring and Summer, must resolve. Spring done! Done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 +6 Age - 2Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood - 1 Regimen= 5 nothing happens (Unaging)

--1141--

AURTHOR
Spring
Aurthor tries to invent The Airy Companion vis-less ritual:
Risk modifier: 0
Final LT: CrAu 81 + _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 = 82
1st roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 > No extraordinary effects
2nd roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 > No extraordinary effects
So he gets an unmodified version of the spell along with 8 breakthroughs points.
Summer
Familiar bond empowerment: bidirectional Mental Communication as in AM5 page 105 (Final level CrMe 30 vs LT 75)
Fall
Craft two wands of Infernal Bane from lab text with 8 charges each (LT PeVi 82 /5 = 17 charges) *
Winter
Craft one wand of Faerie Bane with 3 charges from scratch (LT PeVi 81 - Level of effect 61 = 19 > 4 charges) *

ARDUINO
Arduino crafts more Statuettes of Instant Refuge along with a couple of items for his lab (The animated stand and The garbage collector).

• I made some corrections, I didn't apply S/M bonus

Hi Quite Possibly a Cat sorry for viewing your post only now.

The concept sounds good to me, if you are still interested playing the new Aurthor's apprentice and others players/silveroak have no objections go ahead.

When do you want introduce Raz?

Anna has another child, again conveniently (for me) in late winter! Anna actually has a +11 from stamina, the bronze cord and lab HT alone, but she still get's Aegis's help.
Uh oh, botch potential!, NOO!!!! A botch.

All I could find a about a botch on a wound is "Gangrene is the most common result of a botched Wound Recovery roll." except this isn't a real wound recovery roll. Anna can't actually die here. (Go Death Prophecy!) Silveroak thoughts?

I'm still interested! How about, 1143? IRL is busy for me for roughly the next 10ish days?

I'm assuming this is following Arts and academe p.52? Hopefully the rest of the 'recovery' went well...
it looks like a botch indicates the "wound level" worsens by 2 steps instead of 1, though it will still only cost the baby 1 fatigue level.