Charter Discussion OOC

OK sorry for the delay, holiday stuff and a problem with my internet for a bit.

Here is the revised wording regarding Tribunal:

Before the Tribunal meeting, there shall be held a Council meeting regarding the Tribunal itself. At this meeting it shall be decided what and how our Covenant shall vote about regarding known issues to be discussed. A magus shall be decided upon to attend this Tribunal and shall bring the voting Sigils of the other members of the Council. If a Magus does not wish to surrender their Sigil or has a differing opinion about how his vote shall be used, he shall then attend the Tribunal as well. One cannot refuse to give one's voting Sigil and also refuse to attend the Tribunal. It shall be noted that any Magi of the Covenant may attend the Tribunal if they wish, assuming they have no Covenant obligations to fulfill, and may do what they wish with their Sigil.

Looks good.

Charter is done other than RP about naming and someone doing math to determine date in age of Ares (or whatever age it is) and we get a good location descriptions.

A name, yes, deifinitely. As for the year it would be the 1362nd year of Ares.

I'll take some time to come up with a good description. In the meanwhile let's hear of some names, I'm thinking names indicative of a Faire would be good.

Maybe something like: celebritas occultes (Secret Celebration)

Sounds like a good name. To get the story going perhaps we could keep to stories that are a little vague on the locations for now until Q have the time to write up some details.

Regarding the description, I'll probably open up a new thread which gives some specific info regarding the covenant, the local inhabitants, features, and such.

Based on what I come up with, if others wanted to add to or embellish the base that I make I'd be willing to offer bonus xp. This could be historical data or otherwise (pending approval). If attempting this make sure to base it off of the actual history as well as the Covenant design, which I've included all of the Boons and Hooks for it.

For a fast and dirty description, the covenant is about 10 miles from a military base (Castle Launceston and the town of Launceston), which is necessary for the Hook of castle which you have. You are near (within a day or so) of two standing stone formations, one of which provides the Healthy feature that you have. The Aura is Magic at +5, with no known regio yet. The landscape is mostly rolling hills and green grass, with a copse of trees near your settlement, and a small forest to the west of it. There is a road not far from your covenant, but it is not close enough to provide the Hook. There will be Outbuildings soon as the Clan settles in.

The Hidden Ways represent using bogs and other hard to traverse terrain to go to and fro from the covenant. The land will make decent grazing for sheep, which you have a flock of (your primary income). You are supposed to host a fair next Spring, and your land technically is run by Dermot McArdry, who has some questionable legal standing here, though he did recently meet with the local Reave.

The description I was looking for is more a map/atlas location description so that someone reading charter can tell WHERE in the world the covenant is.

For example: Southern Black Forest northeast of town of XXXXX.

southern Pyrannies 10 miles nw of Barcelona.

Something of that sort.

Yep, I'll get that.

Right now you can say 10 miles West and a little South of Launceston, which is the closest major town and symbol of the King's rule. Located at the apex of a triangle between Trethevy Quot and Men-an-Tol. Both are roughly 5-7 miles away from the Covenant in either direction of Southeast or Southwest respectively (not too far south though). I don't have my book with me though.

We still need a name for the covenant.

We need to hear from everyone on the labs before we move on, make sure you draw a lot please.