Covenant Development

Yes, I forgot to deduct Vim vis for the Aegis. I'll go back and change that in a minute.

As for vis for the payments, Viola's only recommendation (she's not in great personal need of any of the vis in question) is that we not give away Vim vis, since we need it for the Aegis. Remember that distilling Vim vis is not nearly as efficient under ArM5 as it was under ArM4. (Technically, IIRC it's half the previous rate, but all the bonuses in the lab rules compensate for that a bit.)

Scott

OK, I've deducted 12 pawns of Vim vis for the Aegis in Spring 1229 and Spring 1230, which gives us 23 pawns of Vim vis and 91 pawns total. Is that number too low? I'm not sure I can make out your table right.

Scott

Heh, someone should get Hermetic Alchemy. :slight_smile:

I think it should be 8 pawns of vis in each of 1229 and 1230, as she's learning it at level 40. I had assumed you'd already deducted the 1229 pawns, though.

I didn't realize we had a level 40 lab text, and assumed that since the casting tablet was 30, so was the lab text. Why would we request a casting tablet and lab notes at different levels? At any rate, the text needs to be added to the library, as does the tablet.

I don't remember doing the 1229 deduction, but we should be able to work it out from the table. The problem before was that the right end of the table was getting cut off on my Chromebook. Your table implies 32 pawns at the end of Summer 1230, assuming a level 40 Aegis the last two years.

Scott

Gregorius originally requested the casting tablet at around level 30 without discussing it with Viola. Viola then wanted a level 40 lab text.

I don't think we've actually bought the lab text and casting tablet, just borrowed them off the Tremere, so they'll need to go back before Gregorius wants to use his House Assistance for something else.

I agree with your assessment of the state of my table at the end of Summer 1230. However, I was always guessing as to the level of the first year's Aegis, but have now located a post (https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/character-development/5173/19) which suggests it was probably level 40, in which case the first year's spend should be 8 pawns rather than 6, and the "final" vis total is 30 pawns of Vim.

OK, then, I'll go with that. And on with our stirring game of Ars Accounting....

Scott

I think the traditional name is SimCovenant?

Which reminds me, I need to plan out our building over the period. Plus do the grog advancement once people have decided what they want grogs doing for their magi / apprentices.

It may be next week before I can advance Viola--I'm going to a convention this weekend.

Scott

Building plans:

Recap of what I was working off previously:

Rereading the initial assumptions, I think we actually have six lots of building materials rather than three (assuming one season producing materials yields two building's worth of materials).

So, extending the timetable (and assuming that some of the larger buildings take multiple seasons and lots of materials):

Autocrat (Mason)
Spring 1226: Autocrat begins quarrying operations. Initial work doesn't produce any useful stone (getting to quality rock).
Summer 1226: Quarrying production under way.
Autumn 1226: Directs team to construct forge for blacksmith.

Winter 1227: Quarrying production under way.
Spring 1227: Quarrying production under way.
Summer 1227: Quarrying production under way.
Autumn 1227: Directs team to construct carpenter's workshop.

Winter 1228: Constructs Infirmary
Spring 1228: Constructs barracks (part 1)
Summer 1228: Construct barracks (part 2)
Autumn 1228: Constructs Mason's workshop

Winter 1229: Quarrying production under way
Spring 1229: Quarrying production under way
Summer 1229: Construct stables (part 1)
Autumn 1229: Construct stables (part 2)

Winter 1230: Quarrying production under way
Spring 1230: Quarrying production under way
Summer 1230: Construct building with lab, magus living quarters, library and Council Chambers on the site of one of the previously ruined above-ground sanctum-labs (part 1)

Carpenter
Spring 1226: Carpenter directs initial tree felling. Wood mostly used up by Gregorius.
Summer 1226: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Autumn 1226: Carpenter assists in building forge for blacksmith.

Winter 1227: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Spring 1227: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Summer 1227: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Autumn 1227: First lot of seasoned timber ready. Assists in building carpenter's workshop.

Winter 1228: Constructs Infirmary
Spring 1228: Constructs barracks (part 1)
Summer 1228: Construct barracks (part 2)
Autumn 1228: Constructs Mason's workshop

Winter 1229: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Spring 1229: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Summer 1229: Construct stables (part 1)
Autumn 1229: Construct stables (part 2)

Winter 1230: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Spring 1230: Carpenter directs tree-felling operations.
Summer 1230: Construct building with lab, magus living quarters, library and Council Chambers on the site of one of the previously ruined above-ground sanctum-labs (part 1)

Sounds good. I think I need to add a post to the "Covenant" thread to record the statuses of all the buildings.

Scott

OK, I've added list of buildings and spaces to the "Maps" post in the "Covenants" thread.

Scott

I think we're missing the barracks? It's probably also worth referencing the original "manor" house and kitchen building (and changing the description of the library and council chamber building away from "main" building, to stop it getting confused with the manor house.

I think we should have the following labs by the end of the period:

• Viola's lab in the regio
  • Gregorius' lab on floor 1 of the caves
  • Tasia's (former) lab on floor 1 of the caves
  • Stephen's (former) lab on floor 1 of the caves
  • Fray's lab on floor 2 of the caves
  • The lab that Asena set up (somewhere) in the caves in Winter and Spring 1229
  • The lab that Gregorius set up (somewhere) in the caves in Spring 1229 and Spring 1230.

I can't remember if Asena's picked a particular room for her lab, although I have a feeling it was on one of the top two levels of the caves.

OK, I missed the barracks and the infirmary, but I don't see anything about the reconstruction of the kitchen building. I'm hazy on which building is which: of the three ruined labs, are the new lab, Council Chamber, and library all in one of them? And is the barracks the main building?

Scott

The kitchen building is one of the two original buildings (not counting the tower) that were present when the magi arrived (with the other being the two storey "manor" building).

The barracks is a separate building that was built in Spring / Summer 1228.

My intent had been that the new lab/library/council chamber building is situated on the site of one of the old labs (although its footprint may expand outside it). Let me know if that's obviously going to cause problems and Gregorius might change his plans.

OK, that all makes sense--but what are we using the main building for? I thought that's where we put the council and library, and guest quarters?

On the footprint issue, I'll have an answer for you once I at long last do a map update.

Scott

The main building has quarters (originally for pretty much everyone except the magi with quarters in their labs, but most of the fighting grogs should be moving out to the barracks now), the original library (which is basically a tiny room with the books squeezed into it) and things like the Autocrat's office. The "Council chamber" is currently the dining room in the kitchen block repurposed, rather than anything remotely grand.

The main building was originally pretty crowded, but should be moving to have a bit more space now. There are still all of the quarters for the non-soldier grogs, though, the quarters for some of the magi and the offices.

OK, I updated the building list. Obviously, I'll need to update the maps as well.

Scott

One thing I forgot on my list earlier is the Infirmary - think that still needs adding.

I know I saw the infirmary in a list/description somewhere. Are we using the main building for that right now?

Scott