Covenant Information

[size=150]Covenant of Andorra[/size]
Season: Summer
Established: Originally in 807, revitalized in 1111, then again in 1230.
Members: various
Symbol: a Coat of Arms featuring a Griffon grappling with a Dragon. The dragon is on the right, red on a field of white; the griffon is on the left, white on a field of red (Per pale, gules and argent, a griffon and dragon combatant counterchanged).
Aura: Magic 5
Description: The Covenant of Andorra is a small castle nestled in the Eastern Pyrenees, atop a small plateau in the Parish of Ordino overlooking the village of Arans (close to Vallnord). They hold alodial title to their land, as the villagers down below also hold title to theirs. The covenant lies in disputed jurisdiction. When originally founded, it was part of what was then known as the Val-Negra Tribunal. However, it was not assigned a new designation when the Grand Tribunal divided Val-Negra into the Iberian and Provencal Tribunals. The Quaesitores have ruled that neither has the authority to force a decision, and the matter must be resolved by the Grand Tribunal if they won't choose willingly. The covenant has managed to avoid a Grand Tribunal ruling so far because of two main reasons. First, this is a very small issue and really not important enough to take up the time of a Grand Tribunal. So Far. Second is that the covenant has thus far managed to play a successful political game. In Provence, they have traditionally had the support of Doisettep, and some covenants in the Pyrenees have toyed with the idea of creating a splinter Catalonia Tribunal along with Andorra and Barcelona. But other Provencal covenants really want to press us into a decision. In Iberia, the covenant has been allies with Barcelona and Estancia Escarida. Barcelona supports the Catalonia plan, and Estancia Escarida helps insure that no vote on a resolution to force a decision is ever brought to the table. Duresca does not like it, but they have bigger worries. There are also other Hermetic allies who have seen the advantage of having a safehaven of neutrality to do business (mirroring the Andorra of the real world). But, in a weakened state, these allies may prove to be only fair weather friends and the covenant may find themselves unable to resist having a decision forced on them.
History: Long and Convoluted

[u]Boons & Hooks [/u]:
(note: I use the old form of +/- to indicate if something is a Virtue/Boon or a Flaw/Hook, followed by a number to indicate the value (1 for Minor, 3 for Major)
Unknown -9
(3 x -3) Three Unknown Hooks: The Unknown Hook is reserved at least three times so players can design and run stories of their choosing.
Erik Dhal has taken one on, and I am looking for others to take up the challenge. But for now, I take responsibility for the other two myself to use as a surprise later maybe.

Site +5
+2 Aura: The Covenant is situated in a Magic Aura of 5
+1 Difficult Access: The covenant is built atop a rocky plateau, overlooking the village of Arans. It can be approached by a long road alongside the cliff, which makes it pretty well secure. However, the mountains soar higher still and overlook the plateau.
+1 Healthy Feature: Clean Mountain Air
+1 Seclusion: The covenant is located in a remote portion of a remote principality.

Fortification +2
+3 Curtain Walls & Mural Towers: The covenant consists of a hall keep, an inner and an outer bailey, an inner gate house barbican, an outer gate of two towers, and seven other towers. There are also numerous interior buildings. The main keep is built atop the old ruins, and incorporates elements of them in its structure (columns, sculpture, etc).
+1 Writ of Crenellation: This is part of the culture of the land, no restrictions are placed upon construction.
+1 Artillery: On top of the towers, the covenant has ballistae rigged to be able to aim at aerial targets. They have been attacked by flying opponents in the past.
-3 Castle: This is a castle after all.

Resources +4
+0 Base Income: Agriculture from the village below is the primary source of income. The villagers each own their own properties and parcels of land, but also provide the employment for the covenant's fields.
+1 Additional Income: The covenant owns a silver mine located nearby in the village of Argent. A separate mundane mining guild operates the mine, and the magi are totally hands off. However, the magi maintain loyalty and control through agents it has in the town and in the guild leadership.
+1 Additional Income: The covenant also makes money off of rents
+3 Wealth: Agriculture revenue is increased due to superior quality produce, the production of excellent wine and olive oil, silver mining is bountiful, and they have many investments.
-1 Regional Produce: The exceptional quality of the local vineyards is causing the area to develop a prestigious reputation for its wine. Aristocrats have begun to treat nearby Vallnord as a seasonal resort village because of the wine over there.

Residents +0
+1 Loyal Covenfolk: Prosperity and good treatment go a long way.
+1 Strong Community: This is the natural result of living in an isolated region such as this. Everyone in the covenant and the village of Arans know each other, and this is common throughout the parish of Ordino.
-1 Alienable Lands: The covenant has no choice about this. Just as they own their land, the people of the village that supports them own their lands as well. They can sell, rent, mortgage, or buy lands. They owe the covenant neither rent nor service, it is merely a beneficial economic arrangement. They work their lands for their own benefits and they tend the covenant vineyards for wages.
-1 Rights & Customs: The traditions of the covenfolk are intertwined with that of the village, and go back for centuries. In some ways, the covenfolk have more control than the magi. This is part of the reason why their Custos are treated so exceptionally well, and they expect the magi to invest vis in their health care. A grog that gets his hand chopped off gets it restored with ritual magic, and officers receive Longevity potions. And as mentioned above, covenfolk do not serve out of obligation, but because they are paid wages and treated well. In addition, an ex-officio vote is granted to certain key covenfolk (such as the Autocrat and the Captain of the Guard).

External Relations +0
+3 Autocephalous: This pretty much defines the mundane political situation of the entire principality.
+1 Hermetic Prestige: This is due to the acclaim of past (and current) magi. Although this reputation reflects well upon members of the covenant, it also means that more is expected of them.
-1 Missing Founder: Antonio, Carmen's father, has disappeared without a trace. Rodrigo is missing too, but he has been expected to kick of to Final Twilight awhile now. Antonio's disappearance is the hook & mystery.
-3 Tribunal Border: This was mentioned earlier, whether Andorra lies in the jurisdiction of the Provencal or Iberian Tribunal is a disputed matter.

Surroundings -1
[u]+1 Hidden Ways/u]: Representing the many various mountain paths
-1 Monster: There is an Elder Dragon that lives within a few weeks travel through rough mountain passes (via flight or teleportation it isn't all that far at all). This is Sigmundo of the Pyrenees, Dragon of the Tome. Sigmundo lives in a massive cave deep underground in twisting tunnels. He commands numerous drakes in the vicinity, some of them his offspring, and has control over other interesting creatures as well. He is a well educated dragon, and himself has a massive library of academic and arcane knowledge. His favorite subjects include Philosophiae, Magic Lore, and Legendary Sagas (Area or Organization Lore). He is able to change shape and can take on a human form. The magi are advised to steer clear of him, he is too powerful and too crafty. Maybe we could take him, but the thought is that the dragon is an interesting resource to have nearby. He has been affable and cooperative, and keeps the firedrakes at bay (there is a sort of hunting ground where we are allowed to weed off the weak, but other mountain areas where by treaty we are forbidden to hunt..
-1 Protector: The covenant is responsible for the protection of the village below.

Miscellaneous -1
I don't know how to categorize these
-3 Mysterious Disaster: The covenant was recently hit with a serious disaster, the nature of which is still a mystery. Though the covenant easily recovered, there is damage to repair and stores (and employees) that need to be replenished. And even afterward, the mystery of what happened (and worry that it could happen again) combines to make this equivilent to a Major Hook
+2 Recoverable Resources: Sort of like Hidden Resources, but instead representing what can be recovered as opposed to being discovered, and is tied into the mystery described above.

[u]Main Library - 1075 points for Arts & Abilities[/u]
The library has recently suffered severe damage due to fire, and many of the books are damaged or destroyed. The beeter books were kept safer, so the loss is mainly junk and repetitive lab texts. Just the dry details here; Name, Author, and Stats. No Characteristics, Virtues, Scores or Features to explain the stats. Some of the texts also have fire damage, reflected in their adjusted scores. Other books, I just arbitrarilly changed the scores to fit the goal I am aiming for

[u]Arts - 555 points[/u]
Creo 35bp
[i]Liberi de Creatione[/i], Bonisagus the Founder (Creo Summa: L15, Q9)
[i]The Legacy of Delendos[/i], Joseph of Flambeau (Creo Tractatus Q11)

Intellego 30bp
[i]Eyes of the World [/i], Daltersen of Merinita, 1281 AA (Intellego Summa: L10 Q9)
[i]Commentary on Eyes of the World[/i], Florenzo of Jerbiton (Intellego Tractatus: Q11)

Muto 30bp
[i]On Transmutation[/i], Junola of Bonisagus (Muto Summa: L12, Q10)
[i]Mutations and Trasformations[/i], Xavier Ex-Miscellanea (Muto Tractatus: Q8)

Perdo 35bp
[i]Liberi de Perditu[/i], Bonisagus (Perdo Summa: L15, Q9)
[i]The Legacy of Apromor[/i], Joseph of Flambeau (Perdo Tractatus: Q11)

Rego 35bp
[i]To Command! [/i], Joseph of Tremere (Rego Summa: L13, Q11)
[i]Proper Command and Control[/i], Aaron of Jerbiton (Rego Tractatus: Q11)

Animal 35bp
[i]Dominion Over God's Creatures[/i], Lodessa of Bjornaer (Animal Summa: L15, Q9)
[i]Concerning the Art of Animal[/i], Salibar of Verditius (Animal Tractatus: Q11)

Aquam 35bp
[i]Atlanticus [/i], Namoricus of Jerbiton (Aquam Summa; L17, Q10 )
[i]Fury and Force of Gentle Water[/i], Francis of Flambeau (Aquam Tractatus: Q8)

Auram 30bp
[b]Jupiter's Hammer[/b], Julius of Flambeau (Auram Summa, L12, Q10)
[b]The Fires of the Sky[/b], Antonio of Flambeau (Auram Tractatus; Q8 )

Corpus 35bp
[b]Corporeum[/b], Julius filius Arturis of Bonisagus (Corpus Summa: L15, Q10)
[b]Anatomy Humanitas [/b], Aaron of Jerbiton (Corpus Tractatus, Q10)

Herbam 30bp
[b]The Cycles of the Mired Domain[/b], Alec of Tremere (Herbam Summa: L12, Q10)
[b]The Vine of Drewcilla[/b], Jaques of Tytalus (Herbam Tractatus: Q8)

Ignem 55bp
[b]Riddles of Mars[/b], Inirelte of Flambeau (Ignem Summa: L11, Q14)
[b]Glorious Prometheus[/b], Quintus of Flambeau (]Ignem Summa: L12, Q9)
[b]Commentary on Glorious Prometheus[/b], Quinta of Flambeau (Ignem Commentary: Q9)

Imaginem 45bp
[b]Apparitions and Phantasms[/b], Illeator of Bonisagus (Imaginem Summa: L14, Q10)
[b]The Illusionists Handbook[/b], Nystul of Merinita (Imaginem Tractatus: Q10)
[b]Whispering Echoes of the Shadows of Sunlight[/b], Cryotax of Criamon (Imaginem Tractatus: Q11)

Mentem 35bp
[b]Eye of Aggamatto[/b], Tressa of Tremere (Mentem Summa: L13, Q11)
[b]Eye of the Mind[/b], Constantius of Jerbiton (Mentem Tractatus: Q11)

Terram 30bp
[b]Riddle of Steel[/b], Daern of Verditius (Terram Summa: L18, Q12)

Vim 60bp
[b]Junola's Thamaturgica[/b], Junola of Bonisagus (Vim Summa: L16, Q11)
[b]The Seventh Circle of Power[/b], Arioch of Tremere (Vim Tractatus: Q11)
[b]Essence and Quyntensense[/b], Mordenkainen of Bonisagus (Vim Tractatus: Q11)
[b]Fons et Origio[/b], Joseph of Flambeau (Vim Tractatus: Q11)

[u]Abilities - 520 points[/u]
Arcane Abilities 215bp
[b]Corpus Hermeticum[/b], Bonisagus (Magic Theory Summa: L8, Q12)
[i]The Sorcerer's Shield[/i], Iarna of Flambeau (Parma Magica Summa: L7, Q10)
[i]The Accurate Eye[/i], Joseph of Flambeau (Finesse Tractatus: Q11)
[i]Ultor (The Avenger)[/i], Elaine of Flambeau (Penetration Summa: L5, Q11)
[i]The Oath and Code of Hermes[/i], (Code of Hermes Summa: L3, Q7)
[i]The Saga of the Founders[/i], Joseph of Flambeau (Order of Hermes Lore Summa: L5, Q14)
[i]History of the Flambeau of Flambeau[/i], Julius of Flambeau (Order of Hermes Lore Tractatus: Q8 )
[i]Historia Hermetica[/i], Arturius of Bonisagus (Order of Hermes Lore Summa: L6, Q13)
[i]Catalogue of Magical Beasts and Beings[/i], Ewald of Bonisagus (Magic Lore Summa: L3, Q9)
[i]Ingressa's Collected Folk Tales[/i], Ingressa of Jerbiton (Faerie Lore Tractatus: Q9)

Spell Mastery 95bp
[i]Pietro's Opus[/i], Pietro of Flambeau (Spell Mastery Summa: L5, Q 11, Lab Text: CrAu35 Incantation of Lightning)
[i]On the Wings of Soaring Wind[/i], Antonio of Flambeau (Spell Mastery Tractatus: Q 7)
[i] On the Circling Winds of Protection[/i], Joseph of Tremere (Spell Mastery Tractatus: Q 7)
[i]On the Wizard's Leap[/i], Ionicus of Mercere (Spell Mastery Tractatus: Q 8 )
[i]On the Pilium of Fire[/i], Quintus of Flambeau (Spell Mastery Tractatus: Q 8 )
[i]On the Test of Flames[/i], Inirelte of Flambeau (Spell Mastery Tractatus: Q 7)
[i]On the Arc of Fiery Ribbons [/i], Quinta of Flambeau (Spell Mastery Tractatus: Q8 )

Academic Abilities 95bp
[i]Elementia, Deluxe Edition[/i], Euclid (Artes Liberales Summa: L8, Q12)
[i]Metephysica[/i], Aristotle (Philosophia Summa: L8, Q12)
[i]In Consideration of Hipocrates and the Art of Corpus[/i], Aaron of Jerbiton (Medicine Tractatus: Q11)
[i] The Holy Bible (Vulgate)[/i], )Christian Theology Summa *)
[i]The Koran[/i], (Islamic Theology Summa *)
[i] Lecito and Disputiatio [/i], Arturis of Bonisagus (Teaching Tractatus: Q12)

Martial Abilities 35bp
[i]The Knight's Mirror[/i], Don Simon Martinez (Three Tractati, Riding, Single Weapon, & Great Weapon: Q9/9/9)
[i]The Almogaver's Reflection[/i], Antonio Perez (Single Weapon Tractatus: Q8)

General Abilities 80bp
[i]Chivalry and Honor[/i], Mortimer DuFrone (Etiquette Tractatus: Q6)
[i]Mystery, Method, and Style[/i], Neil Strauss (Three Tractati; Charm, Folk Ken, and Carouse: Q8/8/8 )
[i]Trailing the Spear[/i], Simon DeBarre (Profession-Solider Tractatus: Q7)
[i] Songs of Seven Classical Heroes[/i], George Humbert of Jerbiton (Mythic Europe Lore Tractatus: Q8 )
[i] Geographica Europa[/i], Robert of Mercere (Mythic Europe Lore Tractatus: Q9)
[i]Song of Roland[/i] (Pyrenees Lore Tractatus: Q8)
[i]El Poema de mio Cid[/i] (Iberian Lore Tractatus: Q11)
[i]Tales of the Ummayads[/i] (Andalusia Lore Tractatus: Q8)

Covenant History
The Principality of (Mythic) Andorra, centered on the castle at Andorra La Vella, was established by Charlemagne as one of the Spanish Marches created as a barrier against a Muslim invasion. According to tradition, the Andorrans were granted sovereignty over their lands as a reward for valiant and stalwart service against the Muslims. However, in time Andorra and her sovereignty were forgotten about by the outside world. On occasion, the Counts of Urgel (in Spain) and Toulouse (in France) allege lordship over Andorra, sometimes squabbling over their disputed claims. Neither has ever visited though, and they are not likely to press their claim anytime soon (IRL, the historic Andorra was designated as a jointly ruled status sometime in the 1260's, but other than paying lip service to it, they remain independent and govern their own affairs to this very day in the 21st century).
Maxamillian of Jerbiton was one of the Andorran people at that time, and with his Gentle Gift, he covertly assisted the Knights of Charlemagne in their battle. Maxamillian was thought of as more aggressive than other magi of his House, mainly because of his background as a knight. The lore of Andorra, as recorded, occasionally makes the mistake of referring to him as Maxamillian of Flambeau. Though he did have many associations with that House, he had never joined them (nor did he desire too). However, some descendants of his magical lineage did migrate over to House Flambeau, and at times they distorted the record of history.
In the spirit of the self sovereign culture that was the gift of Charlemagne, Maximillian claimed allodial title over the site of an old Roman ruin, a fallen temple with a magic aura. He also invested in the town of Arans, buying up property and hiring on villagers as employees & retainers. He built a tiny keep on the site of the aura, along a mountain plateau that overlooks the town. Since then, the keep has grown into a small castle, and is well fortified with mundane and magical reinforcement. However, though it is a castle, is situated so remotely that it isn’t considered a threat by any means. And we are not the only alodial property owners to build fortified homes in these mountains. And, as an allod, he was able to lawfully designate the covenant as a whole as his rightful heirs.
Mirroring events of the mundane world, the tribunal jurisdiction of Andorra is in dispute. When first established in 807, they were originally part of the Val-Negra Tribunal; and in fact they have the only existing unmodified charter granted by Val-Negra. The Duresca Charter was also issued by Val Negra, but was modified and amended by the Grand Tribunal ruling to be placed in the jurisdiction of Iberia. Andorra was never reassigned jurisdiction when the Grand Tribunal ordered the partition of 1096. The reason for this is because covenant ha slipped into the obscurity of winter. They had lost contact with the outside world during the Schism War, and no one had heard from them in almost a century.
Their isolation did not last long thereafter though. Though it languished in winter and was all but forgotten, the Light was never extinguished. They were rediscovered in 1111 AD by a magus named Francisco Florenzo of Flambeau. He and a few members of his societates, the Knights of Seneca, came to Andorra while on the trail to uncover the truth behind some of their own legends. Apparently the parens of Valdarius of Flambeau was Gregorio of Verditius, who had been a member of Andorra. Valdarius, founder of that lineage within the Knights of Seneca, had renounced his original House during the Schism War, accusing them of timid inaction and double dealing. He was the amicus of Delendos of Flambeau, and together they founded the Knights of Seneca during the Schism War. Allegedly they both used Andorra as a strategic retreat during the War, and the artifacts and manuscripts discovered here indicate that this was indeed true.
When first rediscovered, all the magi of Andorra had all passed into mortality or twilight. All save one that is, a magus named Schroeder of Bonisagus. Ancient and twilight scarred, he greeted the newcomers as if he had been expecting them, and threw wide open the doors of the withered legacy of a once great covenant. Infused with new blood, the Council of the Covenant of Andorra reconstituted itself under his authority. They all affirmed their allegiance and swore the Oath of the ancient covenant’s Charter. Schroeder passed into Final Twilight shortly thereafter, but the Covenant of Andorra was rejuvenated with a New Spring.
As mentioned above, Quaesitors have ruled that only the Grand Tribunal has the authority to force a decision on them. Other pressures could be brought to bear, but so far no one seems to be too concerned with the matter and it seems beneath the notice of the Grand Tribunal. Political savvy has allowed them to manage well thus far. If any magus of theirs causes a transgression, they will resolve it in the Tribunal in which it occurred. If another magus transgresses against one of them, they take the matter to the Tribunal of the offender. They must maintain vigilance, lest an enemy use this quirk again them, or worse yet, lest an internal conflict disrupt this delicate balance.
Andorra was rich in many resources; ancient, old, and new. Some items that were in their collection of texts and artifacts dated back to the early days of the Order, and the Knights of Seneca brought many items with them from the dissolved Covenant of Valencia. But much of this is now gone. An attack from an unknown assailant had occurred recently, while many members were away on personal business. They returned to discover the covenfolk were all dead or missing, and the Archmagus Antonio had gone missing. In addition, many of the aformentioned treasures and relics were plundered. Their vis stocks were also plundered, material wealth taken, and the library caught fire.
But Andorra is still wealthy in secure resources. Though the vis they stored was taken, their vis sources were unaffected. However, without the Mercere house that was once associated with the covenant, they have lost the benefit of the 1-to-1 trading ratio they had enjoyed. A ratio of 2-to-1 is the norm, but it may be possible to negotiate more favorable terms once stocks have grown again (as the Mercere need a variety to continue their profitable trade). The same is true for their mundane resources. Though robbed of silver as well as gold & priceless jewels, most of the covenant money is outside the castle; invested in property and kept in Mercere banks. None of this was affected by the raiders.
The Covenant has vacillated between various interests and allegiances for some time now, and they may be soon forced to make some serious decisions. House Flambeau has always been a presence, but the irony is that the majority of members are usually from other Houses. The Flambeau societas known as the Knights of Seneca is the main source of that influence, legend claiming that this was once the home of two of their founding members; Delendos of Flambeau and Valdarius formerly of Verditius but turned Flambeau during the Schism War (he accused his house mates of timid inaction and double dealing). The Senecans come and go, and usually one or more become members of the covenant. But they are not based here. Members of the Knights of Seneca in the 13th century are scattered throughout a handful of other covenants such as Doisettepp, Campus Ares, Para Belli, Novus Mane, Mons Electi, and etceteras.
House Mercere has also traditionally been a strong influence, and for a long time a Mercere house was based here along with at least one Mercere magus covenant member. But it appears that those days are over, unless the magi can convince the Mercere to return and reinvest (in the attack, though all of their staff and personelle were also slain or gone missing, none of the resources stored in their private vault were touched.
The recent history of Andorra has also been quite active. Leaving aside the famous exploits of the missing Archmagus, the magi of modern Andorra have been involved in magical discoveries and legendary achievements. They formed an expedition that discovered lost Val-Negra and met with the ghosts of magi that still dwell there. They also flushed the renegade known as Metron out of hiding, and eventually tracked him down. Metron was stripped of his power and brought to Duresca by Octavian of Tremere so that the rogue could face a just trial. Metron now sits rotting in a dungeon cell (a wizard's prison), languishing in remorse for his past crimes and praying for the Lord to have mercy on him. The magi also mounted an expedition to the fabled Arc of Fire, and liberated a city of jinn from a tyranical efreet (or so the story recorded by Rodrigo of Mercere claims).
The current state of affairs is as mentioned above, the covenant was recently attacked and raided, and their eldest magus disappeared. But Andorra carries on. The covenant council, called to order by Carmen, set forth a plan to heal and reinvigorate themselves. This has not been that difficult as of yet, for as mentioned, most of the covenant's wealth and resources were outside of the castle. What is really needed now is to repopulate. To that end, a call of recruitment has gone out. And as always, new magi are drawn to the call. Hiring new covenfolk is more of a challenge, for though they can find many loyal laborers in Arans (who will work for wages), they lack specialists and veterans.
This is the current goal of the covenant, restore and rebuild stronger than ever before.
One more glitch. The old original charter issued by the Val-Negra tribunal, that legal document which was never invalidated and delcares their independent status. It is missing. Doubtful that it was stolen, this priceless document was likely lost in the fire. Or hidden by the missing Archmagus so well that we will never find it. On the positive side: all the old archaic rules and ranks are gone, swept away. The by-laws document, based on said charter, is being rewritten. But still, it is in the covenant's best interest to keep secret the fact that the original charter is missing.
Members
Carmen Perez of Flambeau (Pontifex): Carmen is the daughter of Archmagus Antonio and his only filia. She was raised up at Andorra, but has travelled around. She has served at Campus Ares in Ultima Thule, been to the Rhine and Alpine Tribunals, roamed Provencal and Normandy, and has been all over Iberia. After the covenant was attacked and her father went into Twilight, Carmen spearheaded the reconstruction effort and declared herself Pontifex according to the ancient laws and traditions of Andorra.
Vibria of Flambeau (Mistress): Vibria of Flambeau is a native of the Pyrenees, growing up in a village in the Catalonian region of the mountains. She is apparently descended from at least one dragon. Apprenticed to the Archmaga Fulminara of Flambeau, she spent her apprenticeship in the Reconquista covenant of Plateau, in the Iberian Tribunal. She has just (Fall of 1229) passed her Gauntlet by retrieving a salamander's egg from a cavern in the central Pyrenees, and has been invited by Carmen to join Andorra.
Gullme of Flambeau (Master): Guillaume was born to one of the grogs and one of the servants at Doissetep, and Guillaume grew up among the grogs at Doissetep. Evandrus, filius Julius (himself Julius, filius Delendos) took Guillaume as an apprentice late in life at Doissetep. Guillaume became a Knight of Seneca upon passing his gauntlet. In his early years as a magus he found and nursed back to health the wolf pup who would grow to become his familiar, Astrid. Guillaume also became interested in alchemy early in his career. Temporarily based out of Campo del Marte, Guillaume fought in the Shadow Wars until he was nearly killed taking the Covenant of Jafaryia. He then returned to Doissetep and began working with the Quaesitores, first as a Hoplite and now as a trainee. As a loyal Knight of Seneca, he has answered Andorra's call in its time of need.
Arachne Ex-Miscellanea (Mistress): Arachne has a troubled history, and has fought diabolists & infernal magi her whole life. She has worked with Andorra several times in the past, most recently to help augment magical defenses.
Fedora of Mercere (Mistress): Fédora of Mercere was born in Kiev, the secretly illegitimate daughter of Nikolai and Katerina. Her true father, Gregori of Mercere, and Susan of Wicklow (who would become Fédora's mater) claimed her from court when Fédora was six, convincing her mother to help stage the child's death. A year or so before her Gauntlet, Fédora became involved with Saam, King Frost, and would eventually become pregnant by him. Her mater forcibly separated the two and sent her off to Cunfin, in the Normandy Tribunal, after her gauntlet where she gave birth to her son Semyon. She has been serving Normandy faithfully in the seven years since.
Vocis of Tremere (Master): Vocis of Tremere was born to poor farmers near the village of Saint Cirq Lapopie in 1180. He was 'given' to the nearby covenant of Clair de Lune at the age of 5 and apprenticed to Phineus of Tremere at the age of 10. After completing his training as a signaler for the House, Vocis spent most of the 1210s in Iberia supporting (and occasionally participating in) the Shadow Wars. His time since then has been devoted to minimizing the damage caused by the Albigensian Crusade in his home tribunal of Provencal. Vocis married his wife Amelia during his apprenticeship in 1201 and now has four grown children and seven grandchildren.
Vulcanus of Flambeau (Master): Vulcanus is a magical artificer of the Valdarian lineage, and a Knight of Seneca. The strong silent type, he has joined Andorra to practice his craft at the home of his ancestors.
Solomon of Gurnicus (Master): Solomon is a former monk who turned to magic as he felt it was God's true calling for him. He served as a Quaesitor in Stonehenge, and most recently was a resident of Duresca.
Tiana of Mercere (Mistress): Tiana is a Hero Cult drop-out who serves House Mercere faithfully with the companionship of her loyal hound.
Kesara of Flambeau (Journeywoman): Kesara is the filia and daughter of Xalbador, and according to the prophecy of Vancasitum, is the next to inherit the mantle of the Lumina.
Estaban of Jerbiton (Master): Esteban de Barbastro of House Jerbiton was born into a life of privilege in the house of a caballero hidalgo, Don Juan Alejandro de Barbastro, in Catalonia. He was apprenticed to the bookish Theophilus but, after completing his Gauntlet, abandoned the secluded life of a scholar for a life of adventure! He has ridden to war with a band of caballeros villanos (fighting on both sides of the Reconquista as fortunes waxed and waned), wooed high-born ladies both Christian and Moorish, and has reputedly come dangerously close to being a court wizard in Toledo. His most famous deed is defeating in Wizard's War the discredited magus Balduino ex Flambeau, whose life he spared on condition that he depart the Iberian Tribunal, never to return. Esteban uses his Gentle Gift to try to build bridges between the Order and mundane society -- and if a few ladies swoon into his arms along the way, he takes that in stride.
Xalbador of Flambeau (Past Master): Inigo is a member of the Knights of Seneca and holds the rank of a Commander. He recently journied to Valnegra and met with the ancient elder Vanacastium, who told him the prophecies of the Lumina and revealed that his own daughter Kesara was the next to inherit this mantle. He has gone to Transylvania to assist Octavian in a hunt for a renegade.
Octavian of Tremere (Past Master): A veteran of the Shadow Wars, Octavian was a Master and a prominent and important member of Andorra until internal conflicts resulted in his resignation. He has moved on to Duresca, but still has business involving Andorra in the future. Primarily concerning Metron. He holds the title of Quaesitor and is also somewhat of a seer.
Archmagus Antonio of Flambeau (Past Grand Master, former Pontifex): Antonio filius Cortez was pontifex of Andorra prior to going into Twilight. If he shall return one day or not remains a mystery.
Rodrigo of Mercere (Past Master, Former Pontifex): Rodrigo was a Redcap who mysteriously developed the Gift late in life. He was also a pontifex, and was responsable for intigrating a Mercere quarter within the covenant. He disappeared into Twilight a few years ago, as he is wont to do, and likewise it remains a mystery if he will return one day or not.
Dimir Taar of Verditius (Past Master): Dimir Taar of Verditius is descended from the line of Valdarius, though his mater Kyra dabbled in spirit magic and he does so as well. He has also susscumbed to Twilight.
Valdarius of Flambeau (Past Grand Master): A Verditius magus who renounced his house during the Schism War, he is the creator of the Vault of Valdarius and many other items.
Delendos of Flambeau (Past Grand Master): The apprentice of Flambeau who is the sole witness and only survivor of his final battle.
Valentino of Flambeau (Posthumous Master):
Viola of Merinita (Past Mistress):
Ameline Ex-Miscellanea (Past Journeywoman):
Vares of Flambeau (Past Journeyman):
Ludovicio of Tytalus (Past Journeyman):
Marcellus Glacius of Flambeau (Past Master):
Titus of Flambeau (Past Journeyman):
Fuego Conflagaratius of Flambeau (Past Grandmaster):
Pietro of [strike]Tytalus[/strike] Flambeau (Honored Guest):
Gardiatius of Flambeau (New Kid on the Block):

Inhabitants
Type of Governance: Democracy layered over an old Hierarchy
Prevailing Loyalty: +4 (Base -33, +30 Loyal Covenfolk, +20 Living Conditions, +20 Equipment, +10 Salary, +10 Pension, +10 Captain; = 67)
Magi: (11) Carmen of Flambeau (Pontifex), Arachne Ex-Miscellanea, Fedora of Mercere (Mistress), Guillme of Flambeau (Master), Solomon of Gurnicus, Vibria of Flambeau (Mistress), Vocis of Tremere (Master), Vulcanus of Flambeau (Master), Kesara of Flambeau, Estaban of Jerbiton, Tiana of Mercere
Companions (including Familiars & Apprentices): Alexandro Perez the Captain (Pre +2, Leadership 8 ), Bernhard der Blutig, Mica (apprentice of Vocis), Celeste (familiar of Vocis), Egon (familiar of Vulcanus), Astrid (familiar of Guillme)
Specialists: few
Covenfolk: 12 old guard (Moe, Armando, Carlos, Javier, Oscar, Alberto, Alonso, Jorge, Bartolome, Camillo, Elena, Estaban), 20 new guard (A company of Almogavars from Barcelona), 8 old covenfolk, two-dozen new hires (including teamsters)
LivestockHorses and Livestock: about twenty horses and various other livestock

Wealth
Mercere House: The Inhabitants and other expenses of the Mercere House are figured into the costs and expenditures of the covenant. However, they contribute to Rents, in addition to other fees, providing both a portion of Income. The Mercere House keeps a separate ledger for its own money and vis.
Total Gross Income (before expenditure): 1200£/year (three souces of income (additional times two) and Wealthy (Major)
Noteworthy Expenditures or Cost Savings:
Expenditures: 761£ (39£ Buildings, 60£ Consumables, 41£ Laboratories, 150£ Provisions, 90£ Wages (3£ per ten point for good pay with pension), 3£ Armaments, 15£ Writing Materials, & 2£ Tips & Pound of Enumerus)
• 300 points of Inhabitants (110 for eleven magi, 15 for companions, 64 for soldiers, 32 for other covenfolk, 29 for animals of various sorts, 50 for servants and teamsters)
• 410 points of Laboratories
• 960 points of Weapons &Armor (32 soldiers with standard partial armor, 20 have standard armaments and 12 have expensive armaments; plus five pieces of artillery and lotss of miscellaneous extra armaments)
Cost Savings: -100£ (-24£ Laborers, -76£ Magic)
Total Expenditure: 300£
Total Net Income (after expenditure): 900 £/year
Sources of Income: Vinyards, Agriculture, Rents, Silver Mining, Investments & Banking
Lands and Possessions: Castle, Vineyards, Silver Mine, a few cottages in the village, a townhouse in Barcelona
Noteworthy Mundane Items: Quality Armaments (Toledo steel swords, chain mail, variant and customized armaments, etceteras), Artillery pieces (ballistae and light catapults, mounted strategically on towers), Lots of stuff (like a little city, or a well equipped covenant), Lots of other stuff
Noteworthy Weapons or Armor: The Andorran Guard can custom outfit themselves as they choose and/or as needed.

Vis
Vis Sources: (700rp)
Overall, Andorra brings in an average of 200pvf annually (actual breakdown equals 60pvt & 80pvf, equaling 140 pawns altogether). Since the covenant has an even exchange rate through the Mercere House, that is all that is important to note for the sake of easy bookkeeping.
Vis Stocks: Depleated

Old Covenant Stats (Archived for reference)