Custom spells

New Spell for Evandrus to invent in original research for integrating fertility magic. He's almost there!

Town, Restore Fertility (F) [CrCo 55, ritual, +95]
R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Group
This restores fertility to barren women, assuming the cause was some sort of injury, disease, poison or other trauma. This affects all women with a boundary.

(20+1 touch +6 Boundary)

Whoops, this should be the town sized Restore Fertility version.

Town, Restore Fertility (F) [CrCo 55, ritual, +95]
R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Boundary
This restores fertility to barren women, assuming the cause was some sort of injury, disease, poison or other trauma. This affects all women with a boundary of up to 50 paces across.

(20+1 touch +6 Boundary)

Reposting this with modified numbers for final approval. It was already approved with modifications by silveroak, but I want to make a copy of the final product for approval (rather than have an old post plus a few changes in later posts to work on.)

I tried the math on getting an additional +1 magnitude for a larger 'group', but that had problems with taking extra seasons, AND requiring more vis to open it for enchantment.

I thought that for continuous effects, you needed +2 "Sun" Duration and +3 Environmental Trigger only, I see you made it both "Conc" +1 and +5 "Item Maintains Concentration" and +3 "Environmental Trigger"
I don't claim to know much about enchantments, and this could be something that's already discussed with the SG, but it struck me as strange!
Also, how much shrinking is needed to get to bangle size (and weight)? Base gets you to how much, and then 2 more magnitudes add what, -3 each? A bangle is size -10?

It was discussed, and doing it this way is more expensive, but allows the user to interrupt concentration at any time with a command, as opposed to having to detach the item and wait for sunrise/sunset.

From the Council thread:

Question: Muto Vim can alter a target spell so that its targets are considered the ones it was designed for, correct? Is this a
a)Significantly change a spell of less than or equal to the level + 1 magnitude of the Vim spell. This may not change either the Technique or Form of the target spell. A change in power of plus or minus one magnitude is a significant change, as is a change of target, if the target was possible for the original spell.

or is it

b)Totally change a spell of less than or equal to half the (level + 1 magnitude) of the Vim spell. This may change the Technique, Form, or both of the target spell, and needs no requisites for those Arts. The Vim spell affects the structure of the spell, not the things that thespell targets. A change in power of up to two magnitudes is a total change. Any greater change requires either Creo or Perdo to create more magical energy or destroy some.

Andros is proficient in MuVi, and might be able to put together a 50 level spell that would affect in case a) up to 45 level spells Base 40 + 2 Voice, D Mom, T Ind.
In case b), it wouldn't be worth it, it would be just up to level 20 with a level 45 (Base 35 + 2 Voice) spell.

This would be "significantly change a spell", and will change it to be the person whom the MuVi spell is tailored for. The MuVi spell may, of course, have gentle casting mastery as well...

Thanks! Although I am now left wondering why one would choose to master with "Gentle Mastery" a MuVi spell whose only legal target would be other spells.

To expound on the question, if Andros decides to invent "Spare the Grog!", a MuVi 50 R:Voice D:Mom Target: Ind (Base 40, +2 Voice) a spell that modifies a target spell being cast, say a Touch version of Seven League Stride, a level 35 hypothetical, of up to 9th magnitude so that its actual target/s are considered "for whom the 7 League Stride was designed", and avoid Warping to the grog about to be transported:
•the MuVi spell only targets the 7 League Stride, not the 7 League Stride's target/s
•most tediously, would Andros need to invent the MuVi spell for different forms? The Vim guidelines sometimes seem to ask for a Form specific spell, but other times they don't.

Yes, but this is a special case, for example when you design "Spare the grog!" it would be more accurately "spare Paco!" with each additional person you bring in to be spared requiring a level of mastery for gentle casting. Yes the target is a spell which doesn't take warping, but the ability to shift who he spell is customized for requires the customization of the "spare the grog!" spell. Is that clear?
On the other hand it does not require a specialization for form (technically it is specialized for magic as a realm), just the inherited property of designation for whom the spell does not warp.

Crystal!
So this seems more a job for a Spont Master (with Life-Linked Spontaneous Magic and an appropriate focus, and/or Diedne Magic, and high MuVi), who could spont new MuVi spells at a moment's notice.

Thanks!

actually no- spontaneous spells are never designed for an individual, and given the requirements of this home-rule guideline a spont spell can only shift the designated target to "none", which could still have uses if you want someone to take warping they wouldn't otherwise..

For approval:

Andros invents in Summer 1134 two spells:
Piercing the Heights, Plumbing the Depths (InVi 25), R:Personal D:Conc T:Vision, + 1 Magnitude to include another Realm in the spell. Derived From Piercing the Faerie Veil, but for Divine and Infernal regios

See the Other Realms (InVi 25) R:Personal D:Conc T:Vision +2 Magnitudes to include 2 extra realms. As Sense the Scale of Magical Power, but with R: P, T:Vision, + 2 Magnitudes to see two extra different auras. Can see Faerie/Divine/Infernal auras and gauge their strength.

Could this item be used to claim a +1 general lab bonus?

No. This is less useful, with fewer charges compared to the tireless servant which provides +1 General Quality at level 40 ReCo.

These items do different things. The tireless servant is an animate skeleton. It only does what a person can do, and is essentially limited to one task at a time, but it is capable of performing more complex tasks. This could (for example) hold a set of a dozen gemstones in a circle in the air, while stirring something on the other side of the room.

Tireless Servant also gives a safety bonus. The general rule of thumb they give is +1 lab characteristic per 20 levels. How about +1 safety then? Or what bonuses would you give it in lab work?

P.S. I'm not sure why the tireless servant has more than two charges, other than for hitting level 40. It can only animate itself and it lasts until sunset/sunrise. You'd need to use it twice a day and no more.

This is also true, however it feels to me like it is more likely to grant Rego +2 than +1 General quality, if it is actually installed in the lab, however I have difficulty seeing a wand as installed in a lab as opposed to just happening to be in the lab. Most of the installed examples have constant effects that are essentially always on and/or some significant connection to the lab such that they aren't being taken in and out at need or whim. As a wand it isn't even a hands free device that allows you to manipulate extra objects...

You could easily argue it allows you to change commands easily. At dawn, you tell Skelly Servant to stir this pot. Does or take a new 'Use' to order it to carry that stack of books?

For approval:

Andros invents in 1135 Trapping the Conflagration MuIg(Te) 30 Base 5 R:Voice D:Conc T: Part + 1 Size
Variant of Core p.142 Trapping the Fire

He can turn 1 individual fire of a house-on-fire size (10 times size of a campfire or hearth fire) into a small hard object, such as a gem or piece of metal. Once the object is broken, the flame returns, although it still needs fuel. Target Part allows him to affect even larger fires by transforming just parts at a time.

During 1135 Aurthor invents this one

STATUE TELL OF THE MIND THAT TOUCH
InTe 35
R: Touch, D: Conc, T: Ind
A variant of STONE TELL OF THE MIND THAT SITS that allow the caster to talk with artificial stones, such as statues.
(Base 25, +1 Touch, +1 Conc)

This should be Arduino's masterpiece

STATUETTE OF THE INSTANT REFUGE
CrTe 44*
Pen 0, 12 uses/day*
R: Touch, D: Conc, T: Ind
A tiny bronze statuette of an octagonal hut enchanted as a lesser magic item. When activated with the appropriate word, the statuette creates a small octagonal structure with a pointed roof, all made entirely of iron. The only room has a radius and a height of about 10 feet, while the walls are 4 inches thick. Each side is pierced by a narrow slit except for one side, where there is a door that can be locked from the inside with an iron bar.
(Base 5, +1 Touch, +1 Conc, +3 Size, +1 Complexity; +5 Maintain concentration, +4 12 uses/day*)

As for my calculations the total volume of metal should be less than 1000 cf. I dropped the elaborate design factor to +1 (Conjuring the Mystic Tower has +3) because the only part of a certain complexity is the door, for the rest the structure has one room and holes as windows.

• EDITED