Custom spells

Whoops, I forgot to put in the damage for this! Its +15, but I assume the spell is good otherwise? Anna invented it winter 1122. The correct spell

Invisible Ballista - ReTe - 20
R:Touch D:Mom TIndividual
Hurls of a size that could be thrown with a sling at a target at extreme speeds. An aiming roll is required to hit the target with a range increment of 20 paces, but magic resistance does not protect the target. The stone does +15 damage if it hits.
Base 15 +1 touch

yes, it is good

Presented for final approval of silveroak, building this as a room-target flame-guard. If I need to upgrade it to building, it'll cost 1 additional pawn of vis.
Bane of Hungry Flames:
This item's mounting is a small wooden pedestal bearing an iron gauntlet fused into a grasping pose - the gauntlet is not enchanted, however on the first finger of the guantlet is a heavy golden ring inset with two tiny ruby eyes. The ring is opened for enchantment with 10 pawns, and is currently using 5 for enchantments.
Sense the Hungry Flame (InIg 14)
R:Personal D: Sun T: Room
Senses any source of fire in the room the Item is currently in. This is a constant affect enchantment, and is a trigger for the next effect.
(Base 2, +2 duration, +2 Room; +1Lv 2/day, +3Lv environmental trigger)
Banish the Hungry Flame (PeIg 28)
R: Touch D: Mom T: Room
Banishes any fires that are sensed inside the room the item is currently in. It has unlimited uses, in case something very eager tries again and again. Like a swarm of flaming mice.
(Base 4, +1 Touch, +2 Room, +10Lv unlimited Uses, +3 linked trigger)

sense of the hungry flame would be base 2+2 (4) for the spell and +4 for enhancements to keep it at constant effect, making it a level 8 enchantment in total, not 14.
otherwise approved

While I certainly won't turn that option down, you're saying that I don't need to make 'target room' for it?

Doesn't it need to be touch range?

Yeah from the book:

my goof, never mind, object approved as written...

How much to purchase one for Anna? Using standard(ish) Verdi rates I think its a mere 45 vis. Also would the object cause warping on the room its in because of the Intellego effect?

Warping should be fine due to the item granting itself the sensing, and being designed for itself? Silveroak can correct me if I'm wrong.
Grumble grumble. For those more immune to the gift, Oliverius's grumbling is actually him muttering calculations before talking about numbers. Stardard(ish) Verdi rates would be 45 I think (assuming that Verditius charge for full opened value rather than rune-discounted values). Theoretically you could try to barter to buy the lab text instead, if you have the ability to make it with your own time. but Oliverius is GLAD to make it for you at standard prices.

Some questions for silveroak, regarding lab magic planning and Oliverius.

1. If I have an item create a concentration effect (we'll say light) that the item maintains, and it can be used four times per day, the item can maintain four balls of light per day, correct? I didn't find anything saying an item is limited to a single effect of concentration.
  2. Coal is a stone, correct? (CrTe3 to create a cubic foot, which is around 80 pounds of coal). How much coal would Oliverius use a day during lab work for doing his forging with blacksmithing or goldsmithing? Would it be an upkeep bonus, or an items/quality bonus for having exceptionally pure (hermetic) coal? Also, how much coal does the covenant's 5 blacksmiths use each day?
  3. I realized while doing research for these ideas, that Oliverius with his MMF is well-suited to playing around with my Forge of Hatred idea (https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/forging-your-hatred/11410/1) which you've commented on before. Before I even begin to look at that, I should ask if actually making a sword out of solid hatred would actually have any effect other than being a magical example of a sword.

the wand is casting a constant intelligo effect, but it is casting on any fires in the room- since they won't last for a year, warping is irrelevant.

1. it could maintain 4 balls of light until sunrise or sunset (when concentration maintenance fades)
  2. coal is stone, exceptionally pure coal could be a +1 workshop quality bonus for forging, the upkeep of which is normally expressed in terms of labor points. However if you are using magic to obtain it then it would be a question of what method you are using. quantity depends on the type being used, the projects it is being used on, the size of the forge, etc. Normal usage is simply folded into the lab upkeep costs.
  3. the only effect I could see it having would be 1) a possible shape/material bonus for solidified hatred or 2) if the sword reverts to being hatred while inside a person then presumably that person would be overwhelmed with the feeling of hatred...

Oliverius has seen and/or heard of Anna's Wand of Light, and is curious. He asks if he can look at it for a few minutes to examine its functions. He's curious about how Anna (and her family if he hears about it) uses the item.
He finds the design of the Wand of Light rather interesting, with a potentially infinite duration and a targeted area of effect. There are, however, a few things he finds inefficient for his own future desires: He wants to illuminate non-circular areas, and he wants an option to extinguish them and resummon lights; He doesn't want to worry about someone scuffing up his chalk circle or having a stone circle that glows forever. Additionally, Oliverius is a very experienced Verditius, and has a LOT of skill to throw behind any activity he undertakes, so he can do more.
Oliverius also has no guile, while his interest is obvious and genuine, it's very obvious at what point in the conversation his attitude becomes 'I can make better at my age' (that hint of hubris).
If Anna doesn't want to show off her Wand of Light, Oliverius apologizes for intruding apon the maga's time. Either way, he is thinking of making a lighting source for his lab.

Staff of Multiform Lanterns, CrIg(Im)
R: Touch, D: Conc, T: Indiv
The staff is a long rod of pine, reinforced with brass fittings, and capped with brass tips, and an empty bass lantern hanging from one end.
This creates an illusory lantern at the location indicated by the lantern hanging from the end of the staff, and remains there after the staff has been moved. If a surface is touched, it appears attached there. If a point in space is 'touched', the lantern floats there. The illusory lantern appears to have stained glass shutters, and the light it produces is of a hue chosen by the caster. By touching the rod to a lantern, the lantern can have its color changed, or be dismissed.
(Base 4, +1 Touch, +1 Concentration, +1 useful Imaginem requisite; +5 levels item maintains concentration. +10 levels for unlimited uses per day.)

I thought about trying to make the spell last through sundown and sunup, but I don't think I could have it extend the spells unless it was still touching them. I also thought about having it a Creo Imaginem spell with an Ignem requisite (as per Phantasmal Fire, p144), but a level 1 CrIm (+1 magnitude for light) mimicking a level 4 CrIg (+0 imaginem for pointless visual image) seemed a bit... cheaty. Plus, if we ever throw a feast, we can have floating magic lanterns literally everywhere.

Fun fact, since the Bane of Hungry Flames is a ring that extinguishes flames in the same room as it, if Anna put it on and walked through the covenant rooms, she'd probably ruin the forges, destroy dinner, chill the dining room... And it does absolutely nothing outside.

This looks good, by my math final level of 30.

Anna uses it for Light! Basically Anna doesn't want fire anywhere near her family. Horrible Faerie curse and all that. So this lets them light stuff up without worrying about fire burning more of them to death. It can be used as a permanent or temporary light source.

Anna has incompatible arts with PeIg. Apparently the horrible Faerie curse interferes with her Gift to prevent easy solutions! Looks like Anna has a new goal to save for!

New spell for Anna:

Holy Arrow - PeVi 15
R: Sight D: Mom T:Ind
The targeted demon loses 15 points of might.
Base 4 +3 sight

Add some spell mastery and you have a good demon slayer spell.

Looking back at my numbers, the existing Firebane Ring is a gold ring opened for a goodly amount of enchantments, in case more want to be added to it. It doesn't actually use all of the space. Theoretically at full Verditius prices, Oliverius could make it for Anna in 3 seasons of work for the cost of 30 vis, using an iron or brass ring instead of gold.

A magic item design assigned by Oliverius to his apprentice Arduino for evaluation

THE RING OF THEODORUS
ReTe 15*
Pen n/a, unlimited uses
R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Part
A simple bronze ring that can open any lock (regardless its complexity or quality). To activate the effect the ring must touch the lock while the wearer's fingers are arranged in a particular way. Based on The Key of Theodorus spell (C&G p.78).
(Base 1, +1 Touch, +1* Part, +2 Metal; +10 unlimited uses/day*)

*Edited

this looks good.

Isn't part a +1 modifier?