Daedalus of Verditious

current character 1220
Daedalus: age 41 apparent age:36
Int 3 Per -2
Pre 3 Com 0
Str -2 Sta 1
Dex 3 Quick -3

Virtues:gentle gift( +3 major), affinity with magic theory( +1 minor), affinity with woodcarving( +1 minor), personal vis source-creo( +1 minor), inventive genius( +1 minor),
book learner( +1 minor), skilled parens( +1 minor), verditious magic( +0 free), free study( +1 minor), affinity with ignem (initiation minor), enchant casting tools (initiation- minor)

Flaws: weak spontaneous magic( -3 major), susceptability to infernal power( -1 minor), Lecherous( -3 major), primogenitor lineage( -1 minor), cofraternity member-Balento( -1 minor)
magical animal companion( -1 minor), deficient aquum (initiation, minor)

Abilities:Greek 5(), Guile 2(white lies), Stealth 2(hiding), Folk Ken 2(commerce), Woodcarving 6(), Ancient Greek 4(Hermetic usage), Artes Liberales 1(), Philosophae 4(5),
Code Of Hermes 1(), Magic Theory 7(3)(enchanting), Parma Magica 1(corpus), Verditious Lore 5(initiating others), teaching :3(one on one)

Hubris: 1(1)

Arts: Cr:13(4), In:5, Mu:5, Pe:5, Re:10, An:5,Aq:5, Au:5, Co:10, He:9, Ig:18(9), Im:5, Me:5, Te:5, Vi:5

Spells:
CrIg 10 Lamp without Flame
CrIg 10 Heat of the searing Forge
ReMe 20 Aura of Rightful Authority
CrIg 20 Pilum of fire
ReHe 10 repel the wooden shafts
CrHe 20 bridge of wood
ReCo 15 Lifting the dangling puppet
CrCo 20 purification of the festering wounds
CrVi 15 The phantom gift
ReVi 10 Circular Ward against Demons

lab text: wooden hearth of laboratory heating (CrIg:19, provides magically heated laboratory at superior heating level)
lantern of the well lit laboratory (CrIg:31, lights room as much as a sunny day, 2x/day)

enchanted items in lab: wooden hearth of laboratory heating, lantern of the well lit laboratory
enchanted items for sale: 3 wooden hearths of laboratory heating

Lab: size 7, occupied size:7, dedicated building, greater feature:Lathe(wheel), greater feature:fountain, magical superior lighting, magical superior heating, superior construction, superior equipment, superior tools, spacious, missing equipment (spells), extensive stores
Statistics: size:7, occupied size:7, General quality +1, upkeep:0, safety:0, warping:0, health:1, aesthetics:9, items:+7, vis extraction:+1, Re:+1, Ig +1, Me:+1

Daedalus at Guantlet: age 22
Int 3 Per -2
Pre 3 Com 0
Str -2 Sta 1
Dex 3 Quick -3

Virtues:gentle gift( +3 major), affinity with magic theory( +1 minor), affinity with woodcarving( +1 minor), personal vis source-creo( +1 minor), inventive genius( +1 minor), book learner( +1 minor)
skilled parens( +1 minor), verditious magic( +0 free), free study( +1 minor)

Flaws: weak spontaneous magic( -3 major), susceptability to infernal power( -1 minor), Lecherous( -3 major), primogenitor lineage( -1 minor), cofraternity member-Balento( -1 minor)
magical animal companion( -1 minor)

Abilities:Greek 5(), Guile 2(white lies), Stealth 2(hiding), Folk Ken 2(commerce), Woodcarving 6(), Ancient Greek 4(Hermetic usage), Artes Liberales 1(), Philosophae 1(),
Code Of Hermes 1(), Magic Theory 6(enchanting), Parma Magica 1(corpus), Verditious Lore 2(initiating others)

Arts: Creo:5, Rego:5, Corpus:5, Herbem:5, Ignem:5, Mentem:5, Vim:5

Spells:
CrIg 20 Pilum of fire
CrHe 20 bridge of wood
CrVi 15 The phantom gift

Daedalus: age 41 apparent age:36
Int 3 Per -2
Pre 3 Com 0
Str -2 Sta 1
Dex 3 Quick -3

Virtues:gentle gift( +3 major), affinity with magic theory( +1 minor), affinity with woodcarving( +1 minor), personal vis source-creo( +1 minor), inventive genius( +1 minor),
book learner( +1 minor), skilled parens( +1 minor), verditious magic( +0 free), free study( +1 minor), affinity with ignem (initiation minor), enchant casting tools (initiation- minor)

magical animal companion( -1 minor), deficient aquum (initiation, minor)

Abilities:Greek 5(), Guile 2(white lies), Stealth 2(hiding), Folk Ken 2(commerce), Woodcarving 6(), Ancient Greek 4(Hermetic usage), Artes Liberales 1(), Philosophae 4(5),
Code Of Hermes 1(), Magic Theory 7(3)(enchanting), Parma Magica 1(corpus), Verditious Lore 5(initiating others), teaching :3(one on one)

Hubris: 1(1)

Arts: Cr:13(4), In:5, Mu:5, Pe:5, Re:10, An:5,Aq:5, Au:5, Co:10, He:9, Ig:18(9), Im:5, Me:5, Te:5, Vi:5

Spells:
CrIg 20 Pilum of fire
CrHe 20 bridge of wood
CrVi 15 The phantom gift

lab text: wooden hearth of laboratory heating (CrIg:19, provides magically heated laboratory at superior heating level)
lantern of the well lit laboratory (CrIg:31, lights room as much as a sunny day, 2x/day)

enchanted items in lab: wooden hearth of laboratory heating, lantern of the well lit laboratory
enchanted items for sale: 3 wooden hearths of laboratory heating

Lab: size 7, occupied size:7, dedicated building, greater feature:Lathe(wheel), greater feature:fountain, magical superior lighting, magical superior heating, superior construction, superior equipment, superior tools, spacious, missing equipment (spells), extensive stores
Statistics: size:7, occupied size:7, General quality +1, upkeep:0, safety:0, warping:0, health:1, aesthetics:9, items:+7, vis extraction:+1, Re:+1, Ig +1, Me:+1

acording to HoH:MC 88 Initiation others, Initiating self and modifying Script (Arcane) are 3 different specialities for a house lore that why I think your initiation specialization is to broad.

Cult Lore is only useful to the Mystagogue, so whenever Daedalus teaches someone else in the Mysteries, he will add one to the cult lore score, raising the total. If he wanted to be better at changing scripts his specialty would be "modifying scripts"

I changed it to clarify that it is initiating others, though that may change when it improves... (at some point script modification to reduce costs will make more sense)

Guantleted at the Tribunal of 1200
1201-1203 raised all remaining arts to 5
1204 initiate affinity with ignem and deficient form aquum, 30 points into Verdituous lore
1205 study ignem (40x1.5=60 points)

What is the initiation script for that? I only ask because if it requires a special time and place, a quest, or extra time, it would take more than one season to initiate.

on p. 122 of HOH:MC it simply states that "Undergoing the Ordeal to enter this confraternity imparts the Minor Hermetic Virtue Affinity with Ignem to the Initiate, who also incurs the Minor Hermetic Flaw Deficient Form Aquam. " It doesn't give other details of the script.

that is exact the reason why we asked to present the scripts because the book many times don't work them out full. Best work out all the scripts for the path you will go with House Lore+Pre=6 for Minor virtues and Lore+Pre=8 for Major virtues.
Check out HoH:MC 4 for how it works out to generate your own scripts and HoH:MC 117 for how Verditus handle this. I.e. with your first initation you get hubris. Don't forget that if you take a flaw during a initation you get not just bonus for this initation but also for the following 3. Also keep in mind that the +3 from Mystagogue time will bit you during game play as it means you will have to spend 1 season from time to time doing the teaching for other of your house. A normal initiation only cost the Mystagogue 1 week distraction from lab.

I also missing the age of your character at gauntlet.

initiation would include 2 ordeals- 1 for deficient aquum, 1 for hubris (each minor) for +6, and I'll add a quest to find the talisman of Balento, which will add a season to the initiation time, reducing his ignem by 15 from where I had advanced it... and I will spend 1206 studying ignem for another 40x1.5=60 points
1207: create a hickory hearth of lab warming: warm to the touch (CrIg base:2)+sun duration (+2), range:touch (+1) target room (+2) and twice per day (+1- not magnitude) with environmental trigger (sunset/sunrise) (+3 non-magnitude) for a total of 19 requiring 2 pawns of vis from his personal vis source, with a lab total of 15(Ig)+5(cr)+3(aura)+3(int)+6(magic theory)+6(craft:woodworking)+6(limit of shape and material bonuses)+3(inventive genius)=47 which is easily twice the required level. He uses this token to pay for another initiation - enchanted casting tools. The initiation script is from HOH:MC p. 124- one season making casting tools with the mystagogue (+3) which are then sacrificed (+3) the version in the book imposes a minor ordeal for limitd resistance to vim, but seeing as I have +2 bonus residual from the ordeals of the last initiation and this is a standard path for the confraternity, I would expect the script has been modified to exchange this for the mystagog sacrifices material wealth- 1 mythic pound/point of hubris the initiate has (which the initiate is expected to pay for, of course). This leave one season in 1207 during which he will study creo. hubris at this point would be 1(1)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. Where did the token come from and how does he use it for another initiation?

I just noticed that you have both Curse of Venus and Magical Animal Companion, both story flaws. Technically, according to ArM p. 37, you're only supposed to take one story flaw.

Or have we changed that rule? If so, that might change how I pick my Flaws.

I don't remember that we have changed this rule.

silveroak suggested that the initiations should gained at max once every 3 years and this time could be reduced by spend a token of the tribunal. But this bring up the problem that we can't gain token during character generation and so we can't spend them.
(Unless we allow trade of vis + lab distraction for token to simulate the token that can gained from performing healing rituals on member of other covenant)

according to the Sundered Eagle a token can be gained either from the tribunal or any other magus who has one, but they have to essentially request the service.
Technically we also need tokens to gain familiars or engage in most political activities within the tribunal.
But yes, this is another aspect that has not been discussed... excess story flaws have been addressed through change (substituted lecherous for curse of venus)

It certainly makes sense that we would be getting and spending tokens in the pre-game period. We just haven't discussed the matter, so I was curious. But I'd definitely agree that there ought to be a mechanism for obtaining tokens.

For apprentice and familiar I did go with 1 season used to "find" them with the only modification that I adjusted the age of my magus and when he took the apprentice to be in line with the 7 year timing of the Thebes Tribunal.
Both the apprentice and my magus got the gift opened the year after a Thebes Tribunal if I didn't mess up with the calculations.
(Anyway with the healing rituals and the ability to use 1 long term fatigue for 3 Vis with rituals Paulos probably have no so big problem to gain token once the game start)

Based on the fact that everyone else is spending two seasons setting up a lab, I'm guessing that Daedalus should do the same. Currently the time allocation for Daedalus does not have two seasons set aside for setting up a lab prior to it being used.

My expectation is that he will do so when he moves to Thessalonika, but that for now he is using a generic lab which was either set up by a grog or which he is borrowing while having no fixed location... although honestly I'm thinking of making a grog who can set up labs as well as being a tool maker, which would remove the need for everyone to set up a lab...

That makes sense. No one should have to set up a lab twice. I'm perfectly good with saying that if you spend some of your time outside of Thessaloniki that you can use a lab that doesn't need to be set up there.

We had talked about whether grogs should be allowed to set up labs (And refine/improve, potentially), but I didn't think that we'd come to a final answer to that question.

Because I'm planning on having a grog who's a lab assistant. He (or his predecessor) could easily have Magic Theory and set up the lab ... if we decide to allow that, of course.