Day 2 Mercenary coast

As the man stands there waiting for an answer there is a movement in the bushes which brings weapons to hand for all the mercenaries.

ooc: Apologies, Galenos wasn't being rude; I've just had a busy few days with show rehearsals. Galenos probably said something like this before the noise:

I believe our captain (I'm assuming we still notionally have one, even if she's not played by anyone) will handle getting you onto the ship. It sounds like this island has served you well; our colleagues are over yonder, where I believe there are goats, water, and possibly edible plants - although I can't say if there is food for your horses. Of course, it also has the bay which houses the sea monsters which wrecked you.

We also know that another island has a settlement on it, although the inhabitants seem rather too insular; and we know enough of yet another island to avoid it. There are others we have not yet set foot on...

What's that sound?!

"I believe it is the bear which has been stalking our camp. Or we assume it is a bear, it takes food from our traps and from our camp, even at night when the fire is burning, and all we ever see are bear prints."

Galenos waits for further developments.

i.e. He's not a combatant, and this exchange is now probably better taken on by someone who is...

Ho my... If it was just a bear you probably would be able to handle it since a long time. I think our twin brothers here could help you. Let's all go find this bear.

"This sounds like a good plan" The mercenary replies and then heads into the bushes. Soon you find the group surrounding what appear to be a tree covered in bear claw marks, but no bear. "How are these brother's at tracking?"

damned that beast ! Yes the twins are able to track the beast !
The tweedle brothers are taking the lead (ooc Hunt (tracking) or Survival (forest) ? )

hunt (tracking)

So here it is
1d10=2, 1d10=8
Tweedledum : 2+3 = 5
Tweedledee : 8 + 3 = 11

Tweedledee follows the bear's path to a beach, where it appears the bear went into the water. There is however no sign if he bear despite the fact that the nearest island would be several hours swim away.

Argyros seems skeptical...
Hmmmm for sure, this is NOT a bear or I'm a damned bird ! So this is the thing you're trying to hunt. Do you think we can let it be or is this a real threat ?
Anyway the best thing would be to go to your camp an decide there what to do for our arrangements. We could use your camp as a big base camp. Our boat would land near, this kind of thing. I'm not the best for this kind of stategy. Galenos is better for that. Right!?

"We could let it be, but it steals our food."

I'm not exactly well versed in disappearing ursines. I wonder if this is another situation in which Abigail has expertise, Unless you can sense anything interesting about the place, dear Argyros?

Is Argyros casting a detection spell?

ooc : sorry did not see the post
Hmmmm not really a sensor type. Haha. Would take times for me for poor results. But well let's try that ! Maybe I could sens this strange bear. But I'm sure we really should care if he's only picking food

Argyros takes his time (ceremonial magic) and try a fatiguing spont spell IntVim10 as a a scuba diver bear is not matching the usual type. :smiley:
0 + 10 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1d10=6 = 21/2 = 11

Magic addiction roll : 3+3+ 1d10=2 = 8. Pass \o/

I'm assuming momentary duration, but what about the rest- which sense is affected, etc?

only a touch (water) base 5, just checking if any active magic being is sensed into the water

You do not sense anything, but at range touch the water itself would have to be magical, you would have to touch the animal to check it for magic...

Guys. Nothing here...not even a rush for me [:(] You should all head back to your camp and let our fellow joined us. Then we'll be able to double guards and set better traps or defenses against this scuba bear

Are you going to try and rejoin with the other group now, and if so on which island?