Day 2 Mercenary coast

Probably best. As for where - here seems sensible; we have the mercenaries to embark, we know this island has water, and the other Magi may wish to ponder the bear. On the other hand, the ship is already here - so we have to sail to the Goat Vis Island, pick them up, and bring them back, so frankly we're going to be on both islands if anything interesting happens.

Do we have enough day left to explore one of the (how many?) remaining islands?

Also, did the mercenaries react at all to Argyros' spell-casting?

They talked with each other in Russian. Hard to be certain exactly how they felt about it.

There are 2 more islands in the initial outlay, and one island that you have heard about from the clifftop islands that you haven't seen. You do have time to explore one of those islands, then rejoin the group back on goat-vis. If you are planning to bring them here however you should probably save further exploration for another day.

Also I should point out that while the mercenaries have been able to live off the land here there is no indication that their methods have been exactly sustainable...

this may be not sustainable but at least they have a camp. We can reenforce it with our few supplies and crew and have the boat for daily exploration.
Living on a boat can't be a solution we have to settle somewhere. Here to day, another island in few days if a better place is found. At least here a camp is organized.

Just my opinion. Argyros will follow Galenos as he (Argyros) is not really a leader type and Galenos is always reasonable ^^

ooc: Someone's put me in charge? Oh dear...

I agree with Argyros/Exureris. We know that staying on this island is (relatively) safe - mysterious bears notwithstanding! I bet some of the others may have opinions on the bear too. We should join everyone up here tonight, and explore the other islands tomorrow.

Halfway between yourselves and the goat/vis island you can see a storm brewing, directly over the ship.