Delivery to Barcelona (summer 1242)

Rilcheaux nods and rides quietly, unless Fedora begins a conversation. Vulcanus was already on his list of people needing watching, and now with Fedoras connections to the investigations in Iberia he would prove doubly important to have an eye on. Establishing a spy amongst a covenant with a reputation for paranoia, however, would be an interesting challenge...

Just to add a little spice, 1242 is a Tribunal year. I figure Provencal holds theres in Sumer. Iberia not until Autumn and at a special neutral location. Need to look up details. In any case, I would presume Fedora is carrying special deliveries. Most mail in Iberia is handled by lower ranking Redcaps and is between Barcelona chapterhouses. Fedora has special nail that must go directly to the specified covenant(s), and less than half the chapters have portal links to their mother house. It is an ongoing project, and which are not finished has not yet been determined in game.
So feel free to get creative and improvise. Maybe a summons or a WW declaration or a vis delivery and/or whatever you imagine would be good world building material and good to improvise off of.

Fédora shows herself to be a good conversationalist (Com + Charm of 4), and manages to talk about a lot of people in the Tribunal, and Andorra, without gossiping. She also knows that Rilcheau is looking to improve the House's network (and strongly suspects that he is interested in improving his own, as well). She will also explain Tribunal Meeting procedures, as the meeting is coming up soon (in fact, they will likely head to the covenant that's hosting the meeting once they're done at La Sagra) and goes into a Who's Who in Iberian Politics.

She checks the moon every night, and adjusts their pace so as to arrive at La Sagra after sundown the night of the next full moon (October 9th, 1242). Once full night has fallen, she enters the covenant and asks for Melania of Bjornaer, who is most reluctant to meet with Fédora.

Before they arrive Rilcheuax spend several nights in clear consternation. "I'm afraid I have a confession to make, you are the first I have shared this with outside of Harco, I'm afraid that nights of the full moon require a certain degree of... preparation, due to an affliction I bear."

Fédora looks at Rilcheaux with a stunned look on her face. [color=blue]"Are you a werewolf? How did that happen?"

Rilcheaux shrugs "My mom was a redcap, my dad was a lycanthrope, apparently the type that inherits. Mom never knew till I hit puberty, then she tracked down where it came from."

Fédora says nothing for a couple of minutes, but merely thinks.

[color=blue]"What do you need to do to get ready?"

"I'll need a private room where I can chain myself to something. I also have a piece of leather I tie into my mouth to muffle the howling. Obviously I need to be there a couple hours before sundown to set up."

[color=blue]"I'm not sure if La Sagra has a place like that[sup]1[/sup]. But as far as muffling the howling...I assume you've tried a strong sleeping draught?"

[sup]1[/sup]Not sure how appropriate this is, but let's try an an Area Lore: Iberia (with a specialty in Covenants), since she doesn't have an Area or Covenant Lore specifically for La Sagra. If this is correct, I do expect a rather high Ease Factor. So: Int 1 + Area Lore (Covenants) 5 + die roll of 6 = 12. (For some reason, Coyote Code isn't displaying the roll, so I have no idea what I rolled there.

Fedora is reasonable certain tha they will have sufficient accomodations. And she seems to remember an accursed Bjornaer magus that once resided there, a Lord Featherbottom, who used to require being locked up periodically during random fits of uncontrolable rage.

With the new information that Rilcheaux has shared, she decides to up the pace enough to get to La Sagra that morning instead of around sundown. She introduces him as a Redcap from Andorra who wishes to familiarize himself with Iberia, and asks to be shown around. During the tour, she will try to surreptitiously check out Featherbottom's "cage" to see if that's something they can reasonably house Rilcheaux in, or if they might have to sneak him there.

While being introduced around and checking on the cage Rilcheaux also keeps an ear out for interesting gossip and goings on

Per:1 Intrigue:4, roll:5

The cage is suitable. While discretly inquiring about it (and gaining permission for use), both Redcaps learn of Lord Featherbottom of La Sagra. Prone to uncontrolable fits of rage, he killed his son and apprentice in blind fury. In Bjornaer tradition the sone was a magus, though not recognized by the Order at large as of yet. His house kicked him out, making him an Orbus. Featherbottom went into self imposed exile in sone undisclosed northern mountains and was never heard from again. Some Jerbiton magus from BEllaquin sent an invitation to join his house and covenant, but the message came to late.

So is he technically marched without having been hunted?

Nope. As an outcast he would be a target without rights or redress. But he was reaccepted as a Jerbiton magus so he is (was) still a magus. However, the message came after he left so he doesn't know (didn't know).

OOC, the Jerbiton in question was Val -Gravin inviting him to join Bellaquin. The final fate of Featherbottom is a secret mystery that none may speak of :wink:

As for La Sagra, Featherbottom was the last founding member. None of the current magi knows the legend of how and why this covenant came to be. They just know it is a young covenant founded some two dozen years ago, and no one here has been a member more than 12.

Rilcheaux will make use of the cage and file the rest away for future use.

Interesting. Not only did my long post get swallowed by a java error, my frustrated complaint about it disappeared.
Whatever...
Abbreviated version: One of the issues at the upcoming tribunal is to select a Praeco. The situation at hand is that the former Praeco, Maltus of Jerbiton, has gone into final twilight. At the 1235 tribunal, the old nut was so senile that they had to elect a Praeco pro tempore. This was Duro of Flambeau, a resident of La Sagra since 1230 and almost 100 years old. With Maltus gone, a permenant replacement is needed. Iberia is traditional and the post should go to the eldest magus. But there are issues. The very oldest is probably Carles of Jerbiton from Barcelona. But he has successfully avoided tribunalsix times in a row and is outspoken about his disinterest. Then there is Xacceda of Merinita of Vaetrix, who is close to the same age. But many find these Portugesse witches untrustworthy.
Rich hears a whispered rumor about Karandos returning from the Cave of Twisting Shadows. He has heard tales and legends about that guy, but as far as he knows the old warrior teaters on the brink of Final Twilight in an addled state of mind. Then again, that is what they have been saying for over thirty years now and the guy just published a Tractatus on Exoteric Enigmatic Wisdom three years ago.

Rilcheaux will try to arrange to be introduced to each of these in turn, simply as a part time assistant to Fedora, and will take note of what mundane staff each of them keeps.

The easiest is duro, who is right here. He is only three feet tall, but is accompanied by two seven foot grogs at all times.

Where does Fedora have in mind for the next stop?

Estáncia-es-Karida would be next, followed by (time permitting, before Tribunal) Gibraltar. (No particular reason, just headed that-a-way.)