Delos, summer 1193

Tasos the Potter
"It won't be the same thing until it is."

She starts back when you say this, then responds " Someone very devious has been instructing you in how to lie, and to lie to yourself. I am going to be very straightforward with you now, I would offer you a token to claim you as my apprentice, not because you are what I am looking for, but because I believe I am what you need. But such an apprenticeship would not go very well if you are not interested in having me as a parens, because I am looking to train a holy magus, in a divine aura. I believe you know enough to understand what that means, at least in concept. If I believed anyone else were going to offer you a token I would simply offer mine and let you chose, but I do not believe anyone else will do so, and if nobody offers you a token you will be left to whomever might decide to choose you that either did not have or was not willing to spend a token for an apprentice. So please, make a decision regarding your future- do you want to improve yourself and learn a powerful but difficult path, or shall I leave you to whomever decides to snatch you up?"

Tasos the Potter
Tasos chest begins to shake but a wry smile forms across his face.
"If power is all that is offered for a difficult path than I decline. I will die with as much power as I was born with. Go offer such vain things to the children playing in the street".

She offers a smile of her own "The virtue of the path lies not in its power, but in its difficulty, for the transformation is not simply to being one with greater power, but one with greater virtue, towards being a better person. A path of self improvement, and submission to the power of God. Is that something which would interest you? To leave behind the lies and boastfulness? To walk a path of peace, and set aside your pride? To walk away from whatever infernal influence has guided your steps to this point, and ask God for the strength you do not have, the strength to be that person? The power is not an offering, it is a fact. the chance to be the person who deserves such power is the true gift of this path."

Tasos the Potter
"If you desire me as an apprentice so much then I won't object to it".

Her lips curl, "No. I do not desire you as an apprentice at all. The offer was charity, but clearly you are for a different path." she walks away.

Meanwhile Diogenes of Bonisagus has developed an interest in Isaac, asking him what he knows about distant lands and ancient powers...

Tasos the Potter
Tasos takes a good look around the grounds of Delos and spots Galla of House Ex Miscellanea among the inspecting maga. Intrigued, he makes his way over to them.

"Hello child, how may I help you?"

Tasos the Potter
Unsure of what to say, he stays silent for a few seconds before speaking up.
"Is the vase from which the tokens come from an important vase?"

"Tokens don't come from a vase. Shards may, or from other pottery. The important aspect is that they are recorded by the council."

Tasos the Potter
"*Are you in need of an apprentice? I think I could do quite well for you. *

She raises an eyebrow "You are interested in joining a relative hedge tradition involving secrets of herbalism and the selfless dedication of your life to helping the poor and powerless without hope of fair compensation or recognition? Given the reports of your teachers I must say that the request surprises me."

Tasos the Potter
His face twists into a mixture of a smile and anxiety as he speaks."I did not know about the pacifistic parts about your tradition, so I must say that I will decline on the basis that I think my temperament does not match the one you would want out of an apprentice. My apologies".

"No offense meant, and none taken."

At the end of the interviews, Diogenes de Bonisagus claims Isaac as his apprentice and gives him one token, Lucien the scholar offers one token to Apollon, and tasos is not offered any tokens, but claimed by Boustaphon of Tremere after the initial round of selections is completed.

While apprentices are being selected in one room, in others current apprentices are being taken from their parens and interviewed by a guernicus to ensure that their training is proceeding at a pace to warrant their parens being given a token, and to see if any of them have any investigable complaints about their parens…

If there are no issues raised here, then this is followed by a brief ceremony recognizing the current crop of apprentices who have passed their gauntlet before the dinner where everyone will come together- newly chosen apprentices, established apprentices, and everyone involved...

Constantine feels that Artemis was more reasonable than he expected her to be, and raises no issues.

At dinner, he expresses curiosity about other traditions, and other houses in the order, trying to get people to tell stories of their exploits so their boasting will teach him tidbits about his interests.

Tasos' pride is hurt by lack of coin but hides this by filling his head with any thoughts that could distract him, such as pottery or his soon-to-be parens. The boy has taken a gloomy demeanor.

Xene

During her interview Xene brings up no complaints to the Quaesitor about Minos. Her only real complaint is more a complaint with The Code and its interpretations around rooting out infernalists and demons.

At dinner, sitting next to Minos, she says, "I overheard someone mention something about 'The Ladies of Thessaloniki' something about that they are here. Do you know who they are? Might I speak with them? If there are members of the order in Thessaloniki, I would hope I could get word of my family... whether they are still there or..." Xene's determination is all that stands between her and crying at the thought of her entire family slaughtered.

Apollon

Over dinner Apollon barely touches his food in the flurry of questions for Lucien and anyone else sitting near them. "What are the Nymphs of Delos like?" Have the gods disappeared?" "Have you been to Mount Olympus?" "What of the Titans?" "What is Aegaea like?" etc.

The sisters of Thessalonkia will not be called that until 1207. At this time it is the covenant of Oikos tou Eleous , of which the sisters are only 2 memebers.

At her interview Xene is 'consoled' that the order does not tolerate infernalists, but that it rather takes a pragmatic approach not to risk the order itself in overreaching in fighting them.
Her mentor does introduce her to magi from Oikos tou Eleous.

Apollon is assured that the gods are around, if not as prevalent as they were in ancient times, and that the titans still exist in tartarus, and have been contacted upon occasion.