Dem bones, dem bones (Spring, 1220)

"Keep a sharp eye" to his men indicating the horizon , and then turns to Cory, "there should be three. I'm expecting trouble from this. Put some horse dung in the sacks to help with the smell. " then he paused briefly "you have a shovel with you? Or do you need an ax to butcher the corpses?"

"We only need one, right? I mean, sure we can grab the second for a spare, but I doubt the third got up and walked off, and who would retrieve just one body? Do you want me to dig or stand watch?"

"Master Gavin wanted one," Cory replies. "But he said if we could get a second he thought Mistress Beatrix would be pleased." He takes a vial of oil from his belt pouch. "Master Gavin also said that this would help with the smell. It's some kind of distillate of herbs that smells strong. He said he uses it in the lab sometimes. You smear some on your upper lip." He applies some himself and offers the vial to anyone else who wants to try it. Then he takes a shovel and gets to work.

"You keep watch," he says. "I'll start with the digging."

Digging? Isn't the shovel to break up the body to make it easier to transport?

Everyone keeping watch, please make a vision awareness check.

keeping watch: 1D10+5 = [3]+5 = 8

Seamus watching - as an alertness spec, which might add another.
alertness check: 1D10+4 = [7]+4 = 11

And Fearg, who is his bloodhound companion, d+6... Fearg, awareness check roll 1 exploder, then
6 = 12+6 = 18.

OOC: My plan was for Trinket to show up while the bodies are getting dug out of the ground. His Faerie Friend would be able to attribute the odd behavior to the Order of Hermes. The friend needs a name, let's call her Maple. They'd be lost at this point. That good? Comments or suggestions?

I'm fine with it, though there are of course no magi present, but lets see what PB has in mind first...

To be honest, I had forgotten about Trinket...sorry. But, yeah, this could be a good place to introduce him and Maple.

Trinket and Maple don't know that. :stuck_out_tongue:

[hr][/hr]
Seamus and Aodh feel like there's someone watching them, but every time they look, they don't see anything.

Fearg sees several sets of eyes, low to the ground in the bushes, and he can smell something or someone vaguely human-ish.

Aodh speaks up "That magus of yours wouldn't be keeping an eye on us would he?"

Noticing that the hound hackles re up, Seamus speask-up, "Fearg feels it too." Crouching to look to his hound, "shadow it, find it. "
Fearg mutters, "thar, in bushes"
"Then go, I want to know if we are in danger here. I will approach it a few moments."
Seamus is sending Fearg off to scout, circling away from the camp and round on the bushes, and also activating it's shadow power. In a few minutes he will walk toward the bushes. No weapons drawn, but very wary.

"He didn't say anything about that," Cory replies. wiping some sweat from his brow and leaning on the shovel for a moment. "But he's a magus. Who can tell what they'll do."

If I'm understanding correctly, Fearg's Hound Like a Shadow is a PeIm that affects sight, so he's effectively invisible, right?

If so, please make a Stealth roll.

Yes, same effect (I think) as Cat Like A Shadow, from RoP:M p73.

Roll Dex 2 + Stealth 1 + roll 3 = 6.
Not great, ah well. Does invis grant bonuses?

If it were a Vision check, yes. Not so much against Hearing.

Fearg sees four very small (about a foot and a half tall or so) human-ish figures bolt as he approaches - three to the right and one to the left.

Can Fearg get a scent from a few or at lest one? Per + Hunt check?

Yes.

Per 2 + Hunt 4+1 (track by scent) + roll 6 = 13

Then use Nose of the Bloodhound (RoP:M p57) so he can track them. If he can get more than one scent then even better. Then lope back to Seamus.

Do any of the rest of us spot them when they dash away from the general location we are watching?