Dem bones, dem bones (Spring, 1220)

Cory has returned to digging, so it's unlikely that he's seen anything.

Yes. They seem to be small, pretty humanish-looking, wearing mottled green tunics, leggings, and hats, and have brightly coloured hair. They're not making any attempts to hide or be stealthy, they're just trying to get away as fast as they can.

"Damn" as Seamus stops walking, mutters "ugly sprites", then louder to the air "we're not going to hurt you." He stays standing in the open for a bit.

Cory pauses for a moment from his digging to glance around, then decides that the others can handle sprites, so he goes back to digging, eager to get this evening over with as soon as possible.

Aodh responds to the small people "What the..." then decides he should pursue them "Halt and be recognized!"

If the sprites hear Seamus or Aodh, they pay no heed, and don't slow down until they're well out of sight into the woods.

Seamus walks back to the bodies and keeps a watchful eye, expecting that Fearg will tell him if they get close again (the nose magical effect tells distance and direction).

Aodh does likewise, muttering "I hope they weren't working for anyone."

Fearg doesn't note that they've returned until the group is almost done with disinterring/hacking/whatever they're doing. And the sprites don't draw very close, but watch from what they think is a safe distance.

Assuming Fearg mutters and grunts in his own way, Seamus speaks quietly leaning in to view the last bits of the bodies and lift a few pieces into the last bag, "Aodh they're back, off aways over your left shoulder. Do what you wish but we're not staying once they're done with the corpses", indicating the crew packing the bodies.

Trinket stumbles out into the open, followed by a taller woman with pointed ears. He says in English, and repeats in Latin "Hello, I'm a bit lost. Does anyone speak English, or Latin?"
Maple comments, in English, "Grave robbers. I bet these people either know where the covenant is or live their themselves. They're actually probably bring the bodies there now."" her teeth seem unnaturally sharp.
"Wait grave robbers?" Trinket responds a little startled back to his native tongue.
"Never mind, at the very least they can help us get unlost. Ask in Latin if they work for the Order of Hermes."
Trinket complies "Do any of you work for the Order of Hermes?"

Seamus doesn't speak enough of those tongues, but might get a bit of that especially Hermes. " Hermes, yes." Then in a Gaelic "do you speak Scottish?"

OOC: That's an amazing leap of logic to assume that any grave robber is working for the Order. Doesn't say much for their opinion of the Order either.

"She's lost and wants to know if we work for the Order of Hermes," Cory says in Gaelic from his position in the hole he's digging.

Then he switches to Latin, leaning on his shovel and looking at their odd visitors.

"Yes, we work for the Order," he says, his tone more tired than startled. By now, having worked for a magus for years, nothing surprises him. Talking sprites and pointy eared women don't even register. "If you'd like to speak to a magus, we can bring you back to our covenant when we're done here. You have to promise not to interfere, though."

Aodh suggests in Gaelic "Given what we are up to here, maybe we should ask them to help, so they can't report us later without involving themselves."

"Good idea," Cory replies in Gaelic.

"Could you help us with the digging?" he asks the newcomers in Latin. "The sooner we finish, the sooner we'll be able to take you to see the magi."

Trinket responds in Latin "Uh... Sure. We definitely won't interfere. I know dissection studies are important for medical training and advancement. Someone have a spare shovel?" Trinket will do his best to dig, although between his lack of strength and small size he won't be super effective. "Sorry, I'm not very good at this."
"No you're doing great! Besides the important thing is we found the Order and they're way more tolerant and understanding than most mortals. This is a great opportunity!" Maple says putting her hand on Trinket.

OOC: Not a lot of other people looking for corpses. I assumed there weren't any medical schools nearby, and corpses in the forest won't have much treasure.

As soon as the sacks are full Seamus pushes the group to get moving. "Let's move!"

(bump?)

Aodh doesn't waste any time, but gets into formation around the sack carriers.

Trinket is eager to get back. "We heading to the covenant?"