Fall 1229 A hidden path

The closest thing to treasure is the mirror itself, which being made with flawless glass is likely quite valuable. Maybe the bedsheets, that would take more time to examine.

The blond woman stands so quickly that the apple on her lap falls to the floor with a thud. She quickly lowers her eyes, dipping in a quick curtsy, the kind of respectful dip a servant might make.

"I'm no lady, milord," she responds without looking up.

Guida chimes in "How did a young women like yourself end up in this remote tower. Did you get kidnapped? How long have you been here?"

"I think it's only been a few days, milady," answers the blond young woman quietly. "At least I think so. The sun… It don't set right here. But it's nice enough, milady."

Gretel doesn't make eye contact as she gestures to the table. "The apples are good, milady. Crisp and juicy. Not mushy and sweet as can be. Would make a right good apple pie…" Realizing how she is chattering on, the woman grows quiet for a few moments.

"I was brought here by one of my wee friends. Brought me someplace safe, he did."

Fiore seems taken by the maid's charm, though Guida is probably familiar enough to see that he's flirting with every woman he can. "Well, my lady, you may say that you're no lady, but you're as handsome as those apples, and do not deserve to be stuck in this wee tower. You're meant to see the world, and enjoy it's riches!"

"Not me, milord," says the Gretel as she takes an apple in hand. "I'm meant for the kitchens. The only world I need beyond that is the herb gardens."

"Do you think she could be bewitched, Fiore? Should we see what else is in this tower before helping her get out?"

"I don't think I'm bewitched, milady. My wee friend brought me here. Said the apples and water would keep me until someone 'worthy' came to collect me," says the blonde woman quietly. "I guess I could be, but I don't think so. But this place is magical, that's sure. The sun don't set here. And there are always apples. And clean water. And the mirror is pretty."

As you speak you hear a screeching sound outside. Assuming that someone looks outside the window you see a Griffon circling the tower.

"Griffons?! What did i get myself into? Bartomeus hasn't told me there would be such dangers!" he looks around the room, is the mirror small enough that he can carry it and run?

How large is the Griffin? Any rider? At that size, can the griffin enter the window?

The mirror is 2 1/2 feet tall and 18 inches across, and fixed to the table. You could probably run with it after detaching it from the table but it would slow you down.

The griffon has a central body the size of a lion and a wingspan about 3 times the length of it's body.

The griffon is far too large to fit through the window.

1 Like

The blonde woman's eyes flair wide, and she gasps at the sight of the flying feline despite it's noble bearing. She backs away from the window, apple in hand as if ready to throw it full force in defense of her refuge.

Fiore will back away from the window, and look around the room whether there's any other exit.

There are no apparent doors in the room.

Does the griffon fly close to the window?

It is circling, and gets within about 10 paces.

Are there any sheets and fabrics to make a rope long enough to reach the ground?

The bed is made, so Fiore and Guida have no idea how many layers of sheets there are, or ho strong those layers might be.
Gretel has no gauged the distance to the ground.