Father Augustus of Edinburgh (development)

Backstory
Father Augustus yearly life as a priest was as a notable and respected member of the Edinburgh community, who after several intense interactions with supernatural forces of different kinds had a change of heart in his approach to the faith. His holy life was once intensely demanding, but in an uncomplicated and simplistic manner; then with the interjection of a divine angel, his life was turned inside out. His faith was challenged by it's agenda, new realms were opened, and it brought about a fundamental change in Augustus.

A handful of years ago Augustus was guided away from his city life to live among the northern wilds. Preaching to the faithful, living through real challenges, and experiencing a very different life. His faith is now stronger than ever, and he is no longer as linear or binary in his perceptions of good and evil. Complexities in faith are serious considerations for Augustus, and while he believes in bragging all souls to the divine; he has a far more pragmatic and realistic view on how that is best performed.

In his new life he has become responsible for a small community, and is beholden for their care - particularly one family who were shattered by the corruptible influences of greed and pride. Augustus has taken the family under his wing

Intention
When the saga starts, Augustus should already be known (to any Magi who have an interest) as a priest who visits throughout the highlands, and cares deeply for the welfare of it's people. He is wary but not fearful of paganism, having known good men among pagan and Christian alike. If/when the communication starts with the Atlantian Magi he would be a suitable candidate to move with them into this new land, and would discretely manage his migration there with the local Church authorities.

Stats draft
Characteristics: Int +1, Per +2, Pre +1, Com +2, Str 0, Sta 0, Dex 0, Qik -1
Size: 0, Age: 33 (33), Height: 168 cm, Weight: 72 kg, Gender: Male
Virtues and Flaws: Inspirational, Priest, Relic, Second Sight, Sense Holiness and Unholiness, Social Contacts (Clergy), True Faith (Faith Points: 1), Well-Traveled (50/50), Compassionate, Dependent, Plagued by Supernatural Entity (Angel), Vow (Celibacy)

Personality Traits: Pious +3, Loyal +2, Helpful +1
Reputations: Dedicated 1

Abilities: Area Lore: Scottland 3 (churches and holy places), Artes Liberales 2 (rhetoric), Awareness 2, Brawl 1 (Dodge), Charm 4
(parishioners), Chirurgy 1, Church Lore 3 (local diocese), Civil and Canon Law 1 (regulations for the clergy), Etiquette 3 (Church),
Folk Ken 5 (peasants), Gaelic 5 (preaching), Intrigue 2 (parishes), Latin 5 (the Bible), Leadership 3 (preaching), Order of Hermes
Lore 1, Scribe 2, Second Sight 3 (ghosts), Sense Holiness and Unholiness 4 (evil), Teaching 3, Theology 2 (heresy)

He's tromping around through Meliai's territory... that could have some interesting back stories between the two. Of course given her disposition and proclivities by thi point I don't know if he will tend to perceive her as human or as some kind of wild spirit or being of the woods...

Magnus and his brother are probably Sunday Catholics, going to mass (most weeks), and paying their respects to the Church. I don't see either of them as particularly devout. But they have no trouble hedging their bets with the Catholic Church. After all, this is a world in which we know that the Divine is real.

Father Augustus might well know them as two of the educated men from a remote scholar's enclave.

I really like that potential link for Augustus, particularly as Augustus would probably take an interest in "exotic scholars" as a source of intellectual stimulation akin to the busier life he once had.

I assume these are Divine in origin. Or is Second Sight magical? I only ask because it decides whether or not he can frequent the Aura 10 portions of the covenant.

I don't understand why that would be a factor. What rule is that?

In his background it was "supernatural events" but I don't think I specified the sources of the power. Probably both.

The basic rule is:

The exception is:

So, if Fr. Augustus' abilities were solely Divine, then he would be warped by a level 10 magical aura.

How about we say that the Second Sight is Magical and the Sense Holiness and Unholiness is Divine?

That works for me, great!