Flam Fall 1202 the hidden seige

Hugh holds the spells as he casts again, causing it to be magically sustained. He takes a deep breath, looking at his companions. "I'm going to do that again, but it will only last for a moment, hopefully we'll be able to see enough surroundings to figure out where that cave is."

[Rolls on discord. previous spell maintained. new spell is similar but only sight sense and mom duration, size is Ind +3 magnitudes]

Apparently there isn't anything that qualifies as a structure, or is too large if it does, so you are still seeing the single cave.

Hugh looks around at his sodales. "Do you have some combat magics you can channel through to her? Or do you want to try to find her, or speak to her? Heimdall will doubtless become incensed by any attempt to make peace with her, and I don't think it would work out anyway."

"OOOOH, that is a terribly fascinating transformation..terribly so, oh I can throw a crystal dart as well as the next person, but I am very well versed in imaginem, I think that would be far more useful than hoping to poke a few holes in this woman. I don't think it will have the results you want." she hummed as she rocked on her feet

Hugh frowns. "What do you mean, it won't have the results I want? She's been attacking our people, we need to end her threat. But the first attack we do will wake her up and complicate things if it doesn't kill her, so we should make it count."

"We can't actually effect the area around her through the tunnel, only the Muspelli herself. I could hit her with a surge of magic - it would send one of us into Twilight, I don't know what the effect on her would be - perhaps nothing."

Hugh nods. "That works. Can you see the tunnel? Give me a moment to prepare and I will enhance your spell as it goes through. You are going to create a toxic fluid, right?"

He casts a couple of spells in rapid succession, and then nods, focusing on Alva. "I'm ready when you are."

[rolls on discord - smell of the active magics and second spell to maintain concentration.]

Hugh nods and begins weaving spells, taking Alva's hand after she lowers her Parma. She can suddenly smell all the various spells on him, as well as the spells he continues to cast, until he stops.

"There. All done."

[Hugh's current spells:
The Tireless Magus; sustained by Conserve the Demanding Spell
Opening the Intangible Tunnel (lvl 25); sustained by Conserve the Demanding Spell
Smell of the Active Magics; sustained by Conserve the Demanding Spell
Smell of the Active Magics (targeting Alva); sustained by Conserve the Demanding Spell (boosted)]

1 botch dies simply because it is improvised. Your aura is your home aura, and while the remoteness should allow for calmness (you don't have any reason to believe the Muspelli can "return fire") the unfamiliarity with intangible tunnels and the fact you are aiming by scent effectively will add a botch die.

"I mean i cant do much with a sleeping person to you know, have them be harried by a wolf that doesnt exist....outside of the species being emitted. I mean i can do alot of great things, ambushing someone from a distance....not a specialty." She said with an awkward smile and a shrug to clarify Hughes question about not getting the results he wants.

The problem here is that the target for creo anything that isn't repair or healing is the thing being created, and an intangible tunnel won't transfer a physical object, it simply allow the person on the other end to be the target- which doesn't apply as noted to a creo based attack spell...

From Hermetic projects "spells cast through the tunnel must target the original target of the tunnel" so both I and RAW are saying that what you are attempting cannot be done.

Hugh shrugs. "Well, let me try something."

He casts a spell through the tunnel, it smells like Creo Vim.

[Command of Magic on the Muspelli - inflicts 2 warping, Pen 35 if it matters. Roll on Discord.]

The Muspeli rolls over in her sleep but seems otherwise unaffected.

Hugh sighs. "I guess we have to go find her the regular way." He casts a quick spell, then another, then he says, "Follow me!" and heads off at a hurried pace.

[rolls on discord, first spell just gives her -5 on casting totals for Moon, then the locating spell.]

She is about a half mile slightly north of due east.

Hugh will head that way, unless one of the other two stops him.

Hugh nods. "Sure. But we should be quick. She's not too far off but that doesn't mean it will be a simple matter to catch her."

"Perhaps not too terrible either way, we could certainly track her several ways, but yes yes warriors are always a good idea, think of how much better that idea might be." she cheerfully agreed with Alva.

Hugh shrugs. "I think they might just get killed by undead beasts, but we'll see. We have a healer on hand, that's a good thing." He smiles at Alva. "You're always worrying about me. We'll be fine. I admit the bear was frightening before, but we forgot we were dealing with lesser magic."

He will gather the turb, as quickly as he can, and resume the journey toward the Muspelli. He explains to the turb as they walk. "We're going to fight the one who's been attacking people. We fought her before, and she escaped; she had undead wolves and bears. I think you'll be safe if you fight in formation, but be on guard. She's only about a half mile away. We're hoping to catch her by surprise... Nix, can you help with that? Mask our approach? It'll be tricky to hide us but make it so we can still see each other..."