Flam Fall 1202 the hidden seige

"Uh no, it's a bit above my skill I...could disguise an image, or I could blind themfor a short while but I'd have to be much closer, I can weaken metal weapons too...I'm not so much a fighter, much more well...I'm an excellent writer." she said this with a good bit of pride in herself, though in her house it was on the rarer side

Hugh is deep in thought as he hustles along. "Here's a thought. Can you make an image, that just sends species in one direction, and looks like what's behind us? Like a wall in front of us?"

He looks across at Alva, "Not charge, no. Moving in quietly would be better, I think."

AM physics- she might be able to do this, but it would not have the effect you are thinking of- her wall of species would not block the image behind it, so you would still be visible behind her projected image.

"Mmm nope, though I can probably you know make us a wall when we get closer or something like that...could also disguise a person maybe."

"Well it could be, but we just have to be smarter and with that, we will be successful...Just have to pull out cunning and clever...We could always smoke this one out of the cave, it would out them at a disadvantage, and let loose when they try to escape..trick and blind then...and well..success should be ours yes." * she hummed merrily to herself as she moved along with them*

You leave the covenant heading in the direction of the cave, and a little over halfway there- everyone make a perception roll, target 12.

Hugh got a 5

Alva, spending a point of confidence, notices that wolves are stalking your group., they are mostly in front but trying to encircle you at a distance of 20 paces.

she thought to herself for a moment, biting her lip as if to figure the best away around this "I think i can do a little off the cuff work, but I may be able to make one of them emit species to smell like some delicious lamb, pig, chicken....and let them tear one of their own apart...oh now im hungry thinking about a good game hen."
She whispered back conspiratorially in latin

"Nope, or i can toss shards of crystal at them...easy enough...We can also climb our way up a vine if needed and well longbow them proverbially with magic."

"i uh well, sometimes when you want to eat, not everyone is all about it and farmers and hunters get all bent out of shape when you want a little nosh. Therefore you have to prepare for it...You should totally learn from me someday, oooh i have sooo many books i could write." she did her best to hold in her absolute glee at the idea

Hugh nods. "The scent is a good idea, you should try that, then crystals if it doesn't work. She sent wolves after us before, so she may already be aware of us. I will try to change them into something if that doesn't work.

He whispers to the squirrel on his shoulder, "Can I borrow some of your energy, please?"

[Has he detected any movement from the Muspelli not accounted for by his own movement?]

The cave is about 1/4 mile away, no sign of movement from the Muspelli.

she concentrated for a moment as she motioned her hands to create the idea in her minds eye, speaking no words at this time (no penalty for this), as she let the focus of her spell to turn one of the wolves scents to that of the blood of a sheep, tiring herself in the effort of it, as glimmers of the aurora slid along the wolfs form

today 9:18 PM

24 halved = 12 final result

The wolves pause in their circling the party, the affected would begins licking it's pelt, the others circle it, seemingly caught between confusion and curiosity.

She let out a bright little laugh "I think we have our opening it wont last too long...a mere diameter at best..." she began to move a good bit quicker as they took interest in their new "friend"

Hugh shrugs. "It won't work forever but good enough for now." He will go more quickly.

You are past the wolves and moving towards the Muspelli when they manage to regroup behind you, and are approaching in a more closed formation, with room enough between them to run freely but close enough to cover each other in a fight. For anyone not familiar with wolves it might suggest a guiding intelligence, but these are in fact standard instinctual wolf tactics.

Hugh looks back at the wolves. "She hasn't moved at all. Maybe she's directing them in her sleep?" He looks down at the squirrel riding on his shoulder. "Sionnacliste, will you grant me your strength?"

He begins casting a spell, producing a strong smell of Muto and Animal. [for Alva] The wolves flicker for a moment, turning into sheep, then mice, then rabbits, then tortoises... and they stop flickering, remaining as tortoises.

[rolls on discord]

Sionnacliste nods as you begin your casting. "Wolves bad"