Flam Fall 1202 the hidden seige

Hugh strokes Sionnacliste's head. "Thank you."

[Hugh down 3 fatigue levels, Familiar Might at 4/20]

"Well....that is certainly interesting as a result...how long will that keep them?" She took the moment as she just enforced her will to shift her species distorting them lightly as she shifted her image from where she stood exactly, as she went through the motions of the spell for wizards sidestep "That will make things at least a little safer..., arent they cute widdle tortoises"

(27, roll in discord)

Hugh grins. "They'll be like that until sunset. They'll probably still try to bite you though, so don't try to take one home for a pet. Let's press on, we still have lots of daylight left, I'd like to get to the Muspelli before noon."

You follow the link towards the Muspeli leaving the wolf-turtles behind. As you get close however you notice a few people sitting around on the hillside. Something seems off about them and you realize amongst other things that they aren't talking or doing anything.

Hugh will approach carefully, focusing on his magical sense to try and make sure he doesn't walk into a trap, until he gets close enough to sense what effect is on the people. Are they covenfolk?

You have to get fairly close to smell the magic, and by the time you are that close they are standing facing you with makeshift weapons in their hands. They are dressed like people from the town the covenant is in, and their is a faint whiff of something corpus like at this distance.

As Hugh gets close enough to identify the type of magic, he casts a spell, with the smell of dispelling but no visible effect.

[Rolls on discord - PeVi to dispel a level 28 effect of the type that he can detect on the group of villagers]

Whatever the spell is, it is apparently of greater magnitude than level 28. Neither does the spontaneous spell for sleep affect them.

Hugh shakes his head. "I don't know... let me try again."

[casting another dispel, this time single target. dispel check is 36 on the nearest person.]

This still fails to stop the person, though as they get closer and prepare to trike at you the smell is much clearer- the person is undead, and possesses some form of magic might.

Hugh will retreat behind the turb, saying "They are dead already! It's too late for them, take them down!"

The turb advances, concerned about the unnatural things their neighbors have become as they attack, only to have their blows deflected before they similarly deflect the incoming counter attack.

You encase the draugr in a 10 pace by 10 pace by 10 pace block of clay. However they are towards the front of this block since extending it further forward would have encased your own grogs as well, who do need to breathe.

Hugh casts a spell, reaching out to touch the clay, Alva can sense that he is using Vim to extend the duration of her spell.

"They might be able to wiggle out of that because of their resistance, we should be quick and go deal with the Muspelli."

[Roll on Discord]

circling around the block of clay you proceed towards the muspeli cave, delayed a bit when you arrive since the spell gives you a direction to where she sleeps, not the entrance to the cave. (anyone/everyone make a roll - perception+ awareness target 12.

Nix ran with the others, not huffing too loudly as she watched the clay consume the draugr for the moment, but she seemed intent on finding this Muspelli so much so she noticed little else

[Roll on discord, 3 total]

[Hugh got a 9, he will spend a confidence to get 12]

Hugh manages to find a small hole in the side of the mountain, which looks like you should be able to crawl through on your hands and knees.

Hugh points out the hole, then whispers. "I'm going to shrink myself and the grogs so we can walk through. Do you two mind getting through on your own? I don't think it's a good idea to lower our defenses, even for a moment. Alva... Oh my... are you ok? I was going to ask you to make a plug behind us, can you?" He turns to the grogs, motioning them close so he can still whisper. "I'm just going to shrink you for a moment, as soon as we're through the tunnel, you'll get big again. Try to be as quiet as you can, but be on guard. She isn't moving so she may still be asleep, ideally we won't wake her up."

[He shrinks himself first, then he casts a shrinking effect on the grogs.

Personal: Base 3, Diam +1/Per/Ind is 4; MuCo 24 with silent casting so he does it by /5 regular non-fatiguing and not rolling

Grogs: Base 3, Conc +1/Per/Group +2 is 10, rolling Diedne non-fatiguing on discord (also casting silently)

The spells shrink you and the grogs to where you can enter the tunnel stooped over instead of crawling. The men start heading into the tunnel, but the progress slows quickly as they exceed the reach of the sunlight.