Flam winter 1202 the Foundling

Nix will of course lower her parma for this endeavor

What about the nursemaid? Pretty sure if the faerie foundling dies before you get there the deal is off...

Yes, starving if not fed is part of it's role- like a medieval Tamagotchi.

"It's best to bring the woman with us. She will not only nurse this fae, but will be getting her baby back."

I don't want to make assumptions about the situation of your departure... you have warm clothes and...

We need warmth, food, we have people child, and nursemaid who basically could not care if the child lived or dies....best guess im good for this.

And Njeađggádat, my reindeer companion.

Okay, so the group sets out afoot heading on a trek of 97 miles through winter snows in Norway?

[Hugh is around but I didn't want to force my way into someone else's adventure.]

(I'm fine with it

Am fine too

Hugh will be found in his laboratory, a wide open space which is dominated by a massive cauldron like something out of folklore, and a large still with a complicated set of glass tubes attaching it to the top of the cauldron. Something is bubbling away, liquid seeping through the pipes, and the liquid is glowing in different colors, with strange textures and patterns (that to Second Sight are clearly illusory). He is sitting in a comfortable armchair pulled up close to the cauldron, studying the reactions closely.

note: light cannot be an illusion- illusion is Imagonem, light is ignem. The patterns may be illusory, r the light source may be a illusion, but the light itself cannot be.

Fixed. Was just trying to describe that his lab creates an illusory version of what you'd see if you had cast Sight of the Sigil.

Hugh looks up. "Hello Alva! What is it?"

When he gets caught up on recent developments, he says,

"I'm happy to help! Sounds like fun! I can try to make a trod, but I can only take 3 people with me. Otherwise, we can use transformation."

[Rolled a 10 on Faerie Lore to know about Drottning and her domain.]

The Drottning has a major portion of her story that reaching her domain should be a long and difficult struggle and other faeries will recognize this- faerie trods may not be the best approach for getting there, since any decrease in time is likely to be made up with an increase in difficulties. You do know that when it comes to the Drottning the major obstacle in the story is the journey.

Hugh thinks.

"Well, I traveled around these lands as a bear for many months. It was simpler to exist in the wilderness that way. I remember now that the journey to the Drottning is always long and difficult, we won't be able to get around that. We could use a trod but we'd face formidable challenges from faeries on the way if we did. I was originally thinking about making myself gigantic and carrying you all in my pocket, but you're right, that could attract unwanted attention."

"Actually, now that I think of it, I won't be strong enough to carry you all. But I can turn us into bears, or we can just travel the normal way."

Hugh shrugs. "Less likely to die from exposure or be attacked. And it's more fun."

"I can travel as my heartbeast, I'll easily be able to keep up with you and well your great spell still more than keep me pleasantly warm for the trip. While the rest of you travel as bears."