General discussion and table talk

The grogs book has quite a few which I can get for you after work.

Thank you. I would appreciate that. I have posted the current draft, and look forward to improving him.

Yea, I've found making companions with 7 or 8 points of Virtues/Flaws is often the way to go.

Also you don't have to take 2 major flaws, you just can't take more than 5 minor. So if you take one major and 5 minor you can simply have 8.

But then that leaves you with only 8 points in Virtues.

Which others were advising anyways.

The discussion of virtues related to Crafting and Living Language (that Puissant & Affinity applied to all skills within the space) led me to wonder if the same is true of Profession class skills? I would have thought not, but I would not have expected it of Crafting either.
This was prompted by trying to sketch a companion head librarian / head teacher.
Thanks.

I've had some unexpected commitments come up, and I find I can't devote the time needed to this game. So I'm going to bow out. Thanks for having me. I wish you all a good, long running game.

from the description of brownie blood in ROP:faeries, I would say yes.

Ive been throwing around some ideas for a mythic companion and likely attached to another magi. That being said i was between a Mythic Recap, or a forge companiony type...throw me a line if you are interested...this has been filled.

My Verditius doesn't have a Leadership score at the moment, so a forge companion is of limited use to him. That said, I was still thinking of making a my gold shirt grog a not-quite-forge-companion (who might become one in the future) that my magus would send here and there to collect exotic materials and run errands for him.

The idea was that of a female woodcarver that lost an arm, but that he still took in his service because he had said he would before the accident. But if you have a different concept and want to take that role, it might be fun to have a different player to interact with.

During what season do Tribunal meetings take place? I can't find this information anywhere in TSE.

That's a very good point. I randomly assigned Winter for the Tribunal meeting in my spreadsheet. But that was just a guess.

I'm actually surprised that TSE doesn't list even an approximate season for the Tribunal to be held considering a lot of the decisions the court makes have to be resolved by the season following the Tribunal (an example being an ostracized Magus must leave the Tribunal prior to the start of the following season).

I'm good with whatever season is decided, though I would like to put forth that Spring might be the best time for it to be done. A renewing of energy and life and all, you know.

Generally I use winter as the tribunal season. Also I consider winter to be the end of the year, not the beginning- really this is a question of notation, we label the winter by the year it starts in rather than ends in.

Winter makes it a bit more difficult to travel to the meeting place, however. Stormy season at sea, etc.

But that's fine by me, I just wanted to know when to begin counting. :smiley:

Yeah, I saw at least one area of the tribunal specifically called out in TSE where a major storm hits every winter without fail.

i think i can help fix a bit of that problem >.> eat shit storms

Actually there is nothing that says they always have to be held in the same season. The last one was help in the winter of 1219, the exact date for the next one has not been set yet. It was hosted by the Kretan Phyle, the next will be hosted by the Propontian Phyle, sometime in 1226.

Where was the 1203 Tribunal held? I only ask because I'll have taken 5 points in Area Lore for there from an adventure visiting there.