General Table Talk

I am. And I've started working on the sequel. I'm going to try to make it a full-length novel, which will take a while, I think. But I can tell that I'm a better writer than I was even three or four years ago. Not ready to turn pro yet, but that's my goal.

I'm still here. Vibria hasn't talked to me in months, and I had to think to remember Guiverna's name today, but I'm still here. I will probably port over the Character Creater to my new computer, since I've not bothered to do so, especially since I've got some updating to do.

Okay. Thanks, people.

I suggest we wait a little. I've sent pm and mails to Trogdor and IBT, who were the 2 persons also interested.

Peregrine, ffiw, would you be ok for that little south sidestory, or do you want something in Andorra?
Theoretically, I suppose I could try and to both, but I fear overreaching.

The side story's fine.

Still here and keen to support the story going onward - happy to have Vocus or take another role if that helps more.

I would be interested in continuing with Andora proper, though I had a lot of fires in that iron, some of them mid-story when things ended, and trying to reconstruct where everything was could be problematic...

Silveroak, that's great!
For your stories, take your time, and then, maybe 1 at a time? I don't think I was on any of them, but better for you to take it easy and the players to have a good follow-up than trying to tackle too much, I believe.

Peregrine, I'd read point 2 there, and create a character. A grog is fine (Look at darkwing's character, he's great!), you don't have to worry and it's probably easier than creating a companion.
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/going-south-or-thisll-suck-big-time/11398/1

IBT: Noted for Andorra.
For the mooks going south, if you're still interested, refer to my answer to Peregrine, above.

the issue was that I had characters mid-adventure which still have not been resolved, which Marko was running before he left...

Arf :frowning:
Sorry I can't help you on that, this sucks.

I'm having an intern this week, so it's difficult to connect, but then, (un?)lucky me, nothing happened here.

I am interested in continuation and I still check in once in a while. But I seriously fear that I lost my mojo! I have not a clue as to how to run a new story or fix the loose ends I left trailed off. Heck, I still contemplate the Dragon Wars and my failure in the City of Brass. Things have been stressful. One full year in a new state, one & a half with a crazed mad man driving my nation off of the cliff of doom! Suffice to say, I have lost all appetite for political stories or anything in which I would have to engage in political/theological/philisophical debate.

Well whatever our theological differences at least we agree that Trump is a disaster...

Well, it was foretold by the seer, after all

Been about 1 month now, and still no character for my little side (Non political/theological/philosophical) story.
So I figure I must be doing something wrong.

Tell me, people, what can I do to help you?
If creating characters is too much, you can use my mook rules, such as "Diego, standard mook II, leadership/single weapon/no idea now". You can even begin with just a name and a concept ("Diego, middle aged captain"), it's fine!
If you want some kind of intro, I suck at writing, but I can [strike]do[/strike] try something.

I know for me the idea of "new plot line, new characters" kind of feels like "hey lets start a new game". in which case I think it would be better off actually starting a new game...

I did not realize we had theological differences. We have different faiths, true. But the vast majority around us are atheist. Which is their right as I prize freedom above all. But anyway, in my mind I lump us both into the same broad category.
But see, that is my problem right there! I am always wanting to debate and correct and be a pendant for technicalities. This is augmented in reaction to the world of lies that swirl around us, where people seem to think they are entitled to alternative facts and prevarications of half truths.
I had gotten really bad about it on facebook and even wound up defriending people I have known over half my life &/or being defriended by them. I have tried to lay off, but as I wander though my memories I recall how confrontational and argumentative I can get here.

I want to get back into the swing of things. Can't stay on hiatus forever. But I am not ready to run a story (and my memory is full of failed and poorly run stories that I am guilty of). I would be interested in playing. I would love to dig Roberto back up out of the dirt. Have not even looked at his sheet in almost a year.

Yes, I thought about that. I decided against it, because

• It's something the spider wanted to do for a long time. This is one of her pet projects, a direct offshoot of this saga
  • I don't expect this to be big enough to warrant an entire new game, this is more "let's do something with low-powered characters".

I feel for you :frowning:
I had a friend push forward blatant lies, and saying she didn't care if that wasn't true, because she agreed with the idea, it was quite a shock to me (as a philosophy teacher, I expected more out of her).

But then, facebook is designed to do this.

I really want to (suck at) run people being sent south by Arachne to scout, seek magics and establish a secondary base, but this probably won't be :frowning:

For Roberto... The visitor happened in 1235. What has he done since? I'd put any new story a few years after that, probably 1240 (I really need to remember what my ideas were for him), but last thread was in 1244... Well:

• Would 1245 be okay? That's one year after his latest advancement.
  • Would you be interested?

currently open stories are
Iberian Tribunal from delivery to Barcelona - autumn 1242
Visit to the black vale (winter 1243)
Caves of Ibzia (summer 1242)

the Exarch story is a massive upheaval in the setting, I need to go through how that "ended"- I know black vale is a spinoff from that... apparently there should also be a campaign to off Valten as well
I also had a spare plotline way back where Carmen was supposed to investigate the Augustinian brotherhood to see what their secret agenda was involving the court of Fredrick II and beyond...

are these things that will be handled at some point or are they being hand waved or what? This would seem important to any stories taking place around or after these unfinished events...
If I knew more about Valten I might be able to run that story, but it seems to have a lot of history behind it I am not aware of...

Silveroak you are a blessing.
I can and should take up the reins and sort this ssst out. With a managable task list like this we can get some work done.
What do you guys wanna do with what? Some can be narrated and some can be played out. We need to gague interest and see who is even still withus and will excuse my absence.
Confession. My excuse for being absent,
Besides being stressed out by social media, is that I moved to a new state and got engaged. That did not work out as well as hoped. But it is mellow here and I more time on my hands than is good for me. So it is a choice between gaming and drinking. :laughing:

Hi,

I defriended all of FB years ago and do not regret it.

No Reddit. No Twitter. No Instagram. None of that.

Anyway,

Ken

IIRC, Valten is the one responsible for the attack on Andorra?
I remember a plan to lure him to Val Negra and kill him there. If you want to do it, I would be very much interested, since this has been one of the primary motivations of the Spider since the start of this game.
For what it's worth, I don't "need" a big story, and it could be semi-narrated. I mean, I roughly knows how Arachne wants to end him. So if we manage to lure him, and her plan is good enough, there's no need to force things much, you could just write "It works, he's dead"

But come back to gaming, we need to keep the flame alive :wink:

EDIT: Yeah, and do you want to dig up Roberto, or not? I'm maybe beginning to have an outline.

We have information from the Exarch that Valten is hiding in the Sahara looking for the city of brass. We also have a loose plot end about what has happened in Val Negra that we would need to resolve before luring his to Val Negra. Taking him out in Egypt on the other hand we can certainly attempt...

gaming is far nicer to your liver than drinking, and generally better for your health. Come, back into the path of gaming!