General Table Talk

I am basing my guess on how well he handled the Ibex. I did not look atthe character sheet that well.Iam also thinking he either has the Gentle Gift or I forgot to calculate the Gift into that roll with the ibex.

No Gentle Gift, but Inoffensive to Animals and Ways of the Mountain. So perhaps Edith is reacting to that.

I have no idea if those will apply to a dragon. And he has no score in Bargain, Charm, Folk Ken, or anything like that. But things will work out (Optimistic)!

I will see what I can dig up after work. (I am one of the few people in my industry still working in this climate of fear)

(I am also using a random "NPC ideas" chart, so you need to think about Edith's suggestions for yourselves)

i searched around and found the spot where he died...
The Death of Roger

1 Like

Roger also made an appearance in this story. He accompanied Marcelllus and Ikelos on the expedition that first discovered owlbear tracks.

My apologies for the short posts and delays. Work routine has been upset as we adjust to the developping health crisis. I mostly access the forums through my tablet, and long posts are a pain.

1 Like

No apologies needed. We’re all adjusting

1 Like

In times like these, it is good to have the global connection we share here. We are not alone. We are in this together.

As for myself, I am cut down to partial hours. The dining room is closed, and we are just doing carryout/delivery for now. I worked Wednesday and Thursday, and I work again Sunday. But I am off today and tomorrow. I am unused to having Friday and Saturday off, and the irony is that I can't do any of those fun weekend things I often forgo.

1 Like

So I kept reading that as Corporeal Roger, not Corporal Roger. I was confused for a few posts, lol.

:laughing:

I have a question about wounds and healing in so far as Roger’s corporeal form is concerned. I’m trying to gauge his limits to see what would be confident vs cocky, brave vs foolhardy. If he is heavily wounded in that form how inconvenient is it?

I would imagine it is as easy as discorporating and creating a new body. But if you read Roger's personality, he is not the cocky type.

Yah. I want to make sure I play him right. I’m going to go with the he is worried about being killed while corporeal, maybe he wonders whether it would kill him permanently. Because he’s Brave, I need to ascertain what would cause him fear. At what point does he feel concerned for his own safety? Maybe I’m just being too insecure about playing him, lol.

I am looking at Roger on the wiki...
Lance Corporal Roger Ghostington
I has updated the character a few months ago using the ideas we set forth for Minor Companions. My conclusion that he is not the cocky sort comes from the Low Self Esteem Flaw. But he has Ferocity twice,once triggered by Protecting Others and again triggered when he is in his Duty.
This does count as Duty I do believe.

Another interesting fact I noticed. Roger is one of the few survivors of the Massacre of 1230. He managed to save old Moe (who has passed from olld age since) and a few others.

Feel free to build upon and tweak things as suits you. You are doing a fine job. Doing a fake cockney accent is half the battle ! :smiley:

1 Like

I have no idea why Artur's speech turned out green instead of red.

Never mind. Fixed it. New computer.

I keep thinking of the absurdity of a ghost popping by a dragon’s cabin in the middle of no where and saying “Can I borrow a cup of sugar? I’m making cookies and seem to have run out.”

Too bad, I mean a good thing Roger is serious +3

First : good luck, xavi, if you're reading this. I hope you'll be okay. Please, be okay

Second, I'm like reverse Xavi : ok, but working despite confinement. Hope I'll only get sick once the worst of the crisis is over. Can't really connect from work, since all available bandwidth is supposed to be “work only”, mainly for the people at home who are supposed to... Well, sit before their computers, actually (some are so bored they called us to know if we had work for them XD). Plus my mom is at the hospital (she's okay) and i will have to take care of my brother, and an elderly friend (which I fear I may kill if I'm not careful enough). So I'll connect when I can, I just don't know when I'll be able to.

Take care, stay at home if you can, keep your distances, and treat everything outside your home as a cursed item whose malediction can only be cleansed by the Sacred Ritual of Handwashing, provided you didn't attract the attention of the evil Covid Demon by doing a Forbidden Gesture (bringing your hand to your face).

2 Likes

I don’t want to hold down the story progression with small talk between Roger and Simon, despite being a fun role playing opportunity/experience. I’m sure the other players are itching to get involved :0)

Also I don’t want to take up the spotlight.

@The_Fixer Take care and be well.

@Brin Don't worry about it. Following the story is quite entertaining. :slight_smile:

1 Like