General Table Talk

If you ask Xavi, he will give you a lecture! LoL
From the PoV of someone whose Native Language is English 6 (Midwest/Yankee Dialect), Catalan and European Spanish sound almost the same. But that is just accent. They are related languages, so I think I have them at -2 (not sure).

Essentially, in modern terms, they are as close as French and Spanish.

Ah! great news!

ça veuta diro qué je peuo parlera espagnol facilementé :smiley:

("it means that I can easily speak spanish", written with every word endind in -a, -o or -é)

Otherwise, new lockdown here, joy!
But still working, yeah!

1 Like

Back after another long absence from the boards. Sorry about that.

For a long time access was blocked for my work computer, so I had to resort to using my tablet to post (with all the frustration that brings). But lo and behold, today it wasn't blocked. We'll see how long that lasts.

I want to write a wrap-up of the Wild Kindgom story, just because the magi made all kinds of promises and commitments there, and we could use these as starting points for future stories.

3 Likes

Go for it :slight_smile:

We are past 145 but no further than 1247. There were a few stories people wanted to run, so I held up the timeline. But I am presuming now that we will probably not do any of that, so I guess we are in 1247.

Bashir will not write a book for you though. He has no player to make such a decision, and if he is an NPC I prefer to just get rid of him.
In fact, I am now going to 86 any character belonging to players that have not been heard from in months. That includes Lucas, Bashir, Solomon, and many others.
I am not doing it to be mean. I am rather worried that Xavi is dead. If he comes back, great. But I want to de-clutter things as best as I can.

I'm still here. I'm just on a relatively intense 3-day course, as part of a supplemental education I'm taking.

As soon as possible I'll write up the grog I previously mentioned, to help on the expedition. Right now I'm away from a computer with MC, but since it's "just a grog" (no offence intended, I love grogs) I could just as easily just design in any simple text editor.
Sometimes I miss ArM 2nd ed 'instant grog' insert box.

Oh, you are fine. I am talking about players that have not posted since before the plague, like Trogdor or Prince of Boredom. If they poke their heads in, I will reinstate them.
Xavi, I am worried about. His last message was that he was about to go to the hospital because of covid, and we have not heard from him since. Nothing on Facebook even.

1 Like

Oh. :worried:

I am still here.

@Marko_MarkokoHave you thought of doing a grand Order changing/earth shattering plot? Always good to pull people out of their sheltered labs :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:
You know me better than that. I feel that the story should evolve from the Players acts and actions. If you want your character to leave the lab, there are plenty of hooks out there. The saga is your sandbox.

Indeed. Fuck. Now I'm worried too.

Take care everyone :frowning:

@Jebrick: I've had several ideas like this going in my head for years, but, since it is not my game, have always refrained. That, and there's no way I could give it the needed time :smiley:

This is your game. It is ours collectively. If you have an earth shattering plot and you want to run it, I am all for it :smiley:

One issue that Fluer may have soon- she has achieved the house rank of cannophori, which means she is eligible to be chosen by lottery for the Colentes Arcanorum, and may be directed by her Primus to undertake different research than what she desires. She is hoping to avoid both of these in order to focus on her research, the lottery is pure chance and the only way out of that would to be Primus (which she definitely doesn't want) and she can avoid reassignment only by 1) escaping the notice of the Primus, or 2)gaining another level of acclaim- which technically puts her in running to be primus. The other option would be to renounce her house and join ex miscellanea...

Give me a roll of 2d6

the roll was 8

No worries then
I had a magic number in my head. I have been studying statistical probabilities of dice curves :slight_smile:

I got Lucia and Epona advanced for the The Troglodytae story. They're both...older than I remembered. Lucia will start making aging rolls in a couple of years, and Epona made her first one this past winter (and didn't do so well on it).

It also turns out that their son, Mayhew, is ten now, in case anyone has any ideas of what to do with him. (I have literally nothing about him except the fact that he exists.)

We all are :laughing:

Mayhew is Artur's future shield grog?

There are matters for Vibria to attend to in the Dragon Ascending thread. You may or may not want to get involved in that, but either way it can be spun into a story involving a few others.

After he enchant his first item in Spring 1246, would the covenant be interested in Marcellus enchating a number of charged items (copies of the Spear of Roland) as a anti-drake and anti-owlbear defense (or any other wild animal)? Marcellus could spend a season crafting 10 charges (probably in 10 spearheads each with 1 charge), provided he receives suitable compensation for his time.

Based on what is stated in HoH:MC p.114, he should charge 4 pawns of vis (twice what he can extract, with his CrVi lab total being exactly 20 at the moment) for a season enchanting charged items.

This is a short-term bargain, since as soon as he improves his CrVi lab total the price will rise to 6 pawns per season. :wink:

1 Like