General Table Talk

I am still here. Getting my first shot tomorrow.

Still here.

Today's "Final Jeopardy!" question (6 May 2021)

I should have known the question to this. The answer was: "With words written by a bishop of Urgell, its anthem praises Charlemagne & says it 'was born a princess...between two nations'"

The question was "What is Andorra?" (I was thinking Luxembourg, because France and Germany, but I guess not.)

1 Like

@Christian_Andersen are you still interested in the hunting story? If so, start a topic for the story indicating who will be coming with The Woad.

Following his adventure in the summer of 1246, Marcellus thinks that a lesser item that would provide an easy way to at least stabilize any wounded. This could be useful to grogs mostly, but also to junior magi who cannot spontaneously cast Bind Wound and don't know the formulaic version.

Would the covenant advance the 2 pawns it takes to enchant such an item so that Marcellus can make it as a season of service?

Salve @Arthur

I’m ready for an adventure with The Woad. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have the rights to start a new topic. The button is gray’ed out for me, in this sub forum

Just realized I had created it back in March! :roll_eyes:

I actually seem to remember seeing a notice about this, but I couldn’t actually find the thread, and then I forgot

I wrote in the Fox Hunt but I still can’t find the thread in the Light of Andorra sub forum ???

It is the first topic that isn't pinned.

Anyone available to approve this?

Carmen approves

I shall pin the first unpinned topic...

A not-as-random-as-you-might-think Parma question.

Can you extend your Parma over an animal? Say, a mule?

My gut says "no" because the rule says "person" and "with their consent," but it never hurts to ask.

I can be liberal in my interpretation of the word "person". But consent requires cognizance which implies sentience and is thus what qualifies the subject as a person. So an intelligent animal that you can speak with, my inclination is to say yes.
But I say double check with The Fixer!

I'm going to be on the road for the next few days, moving Mom to Missouri to live with my sister. We're leaving Saturday morning, and I expect to be back home Wednesday afternoon/evening. (Tomorrow night's probably going to be shot with renting and loading up the truck with what's still at the apartment and in my storage unit.)

Greetings

How are you all doing?

Covid wise, things are taking a turn for the worse in Denmark. The Omicron variant is rapidly becoming the dominant one, and further restructions have been impplemented. Nothing severe, but the children were sent home for online schooling 3 days before the holidays.
And then a teacher both my children have got a positive result for a test taken on the last day of school. As 'close contacts' they had to be tested on day 4 and 6 respectively since contact. I went along to be tested , just in case. When we finally got the results, 5 hours before test #2, both childres were negative but I was positive. I had mild flu symptoms for 2 days and that was that. I'm well and good now. But then my wife was close contact, and she took a test, on the same day as the children's second test. Now she has it, and she is considerabley more sick than I was. Kids are still in the clear.
But since none of us can be considered well and safe until taking a test 2 days after the symptoms stop - and because you apparently can't rely on getting results in 24 hours - Christmas is off!
In Denmark we celebrate Christmas on the evening of the 24th. There is no way we can pull that off, and hence can't go to my family. My parents are considered to be in the risky category, so we don't cut corners. Out isolation continues.
Also, the children had to put off their second vaccine shot, and my wife and I need to postpone out 3rd shot.

That sucks, but we'll live. I'm sure someone is worse off.

1 Like

. . . . ƸӜƷ•°””°•.ƸӜƷ•°””°•.ƸӜƷ•°””°•.ƸӜƷ•
(¯´:heart:(¯´:heart:.¸ღ☆ღ ¸.:heart:´´¯):heart:´´¯)
☆ ▓▒░ ☆ MERRY CHRISTMAS !:heart: ☆ ░▒▓ ☆
(¸.:heart:(¸.:heart:´´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ღ☆ღ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `´:heart:.¸):heart:.¸_)
. . . .ƸӜƷ•°””°•.ƸӜƷ•°””°•.ƸӜƷ•°””°•.ƸӜƷ•

I hope everyone has had happy holidays and a good transition into the new year.

We had an isolated Christmas and New Year, because the entire family one by one tested positive for covid. Only us adults were actually sick, the children had no symptoms whatsoever. Mine was like a mild flu for 2 days plus a day or two a bit tired. But everyone is well now and back to work or in school.

I wish everyone good and healthy times for this new year.

We also spent much of the holidays in lockdown, for Omicron has been spreading fast around here. I was still able to spend some time with my parents on December 25th, before the lockdown came into effect. Thanlfully, no one in my immediate family has been infected by covid (everyone we care about is fully vaccinated and being careful). We had a few cases very close to us, but so far we've been spared.

Apologies for my absence lately. It was a combination of waning interest and having a lot of other stuff going on. I'll try to participate more, at least until the end of the current adventure, then see how I'm feeling then.