General Table Talk

I think it’s a hunt, or searching for a missing merchant.
Who knows ? That’s the mystery. The Woad is just out about, and could use backup.

Christian, have you decided how the story will get started? Does The Woad plan on going on a hunt (which would be the starting point of the story) or will he get a "surprise" request to investigate something?

In the first situation, he would be the one soliciting participation from others, setting goals and timeline, etc. That makes it easier for you to integrate the story into his study schedule.

In the second situation, he will be asked to investigate something. That would put less impetus on him to organize things, but might come at a less convenient time.

I could easily picture him going on a hunt for something . Not necessarily a hunt to kill, could as easily be just to practice his skills, or to catch some rare animal alive or even just to study.
He’ll do it during the summer.

1 Like

Maybe the Woad has heard of an elusive, magical fox up in the mountains?
That sound interesting, and like a challenge.

Hunting for a potential familiar?

Well, that is a possibility but it really wasn’t the idea. Familiars are cool but the Woad hasn’t any specific plans for one at this time .
But one may be surprised.
In my ongoing real life saga ( somewhat on pause dye to COVID) my maga came by a raven by chance, and then she changed all her plans in order to make time befriending it. And soon after she had a familiar.

1 Like

Just trying to understand what his objectives are. Finding and befriending the fox for a potential familiar? Catching it to study it before releasing it? Killing and harvesting the raw vis? Just the hunting challenge, testing his abilities?

I am just trying to assess the type of challenge he is looking for to build around this kernel.

The Woad’s goals would be a combination of hunting for the sake of practice as well as studying the animal to learn more.
He wouldn’t catch to kill and harvest vis, the Hibernian way is to not harvest to hoard. But if he learns the potential of green animal, he might do that one day if he needs the vis.

The familiar angle is not the main point .

1 Like

I'm still here and healthy. How is everyone?

I'm still here, I'm good.
things are starting to open up a bit in Denmark

I'm still reading off and on; Aus is in a good place overall covid-wise, however rest of life is smashing the family at present.

Hope you are all keeping well and staying safe too,

I am still here. Getting my first shot tomorrow.

Still here.

Today's "Final Jeopardy!" question (6 May 2021)

I should have known the question to this. The answer was: "With words written by a bishop of Urgell, its anthem praises Charlemagne & says it 'was born a princess...between two nations'"

The question was "What is Andorra?" (I was thinking Luxembourg, because France and Germany, but I guess not.)

1 Like

@Christian_Andersen are you still interested in the hunting story? If so, start a topic for the story indicating who will be coming with The Woad.

Following his adventure in the summer of 1246, Marcellus thinks that a lesser item that would provide an easy way to at least stabilize any wounded. This could be useful to grogs mostly, but also to junior magi who cannot spontaneously cast Bind Wound and don't know the formulaic version.

Would the covenant advance the 2 pawns it takes to enchant such an item so that Marcellus can make it as a season of service?

Salve @Arthur

I’m ready for an adventure with The Woad. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have the rights to start a new topic. The button is gray’ed out for me, in this sub forum

Just realized I had created it back in March! :roll_eyes:

I actually seem to remember seeing a notice about this, but I couldn’t actually find the thread, and then I forgot

I wrote in the Fox Hunt but I still can’t find the thread in the Light of Andorra sub forum ???

It is the first topic that isn't pinned.