General Table Talk

Now, what I COULD do is enchant a mining pick with both "The Miner's Keen Eye," a ReTe effect to allow the wielder to move around mineral at will, and a ReHe effect to move around beams of wood to stabilize mineshafts. This would let one miner do the work of hundreds within a very short period of time, though, what it would not do is create jobs for a whole village.

Vibria would choose the one that lets her keep the armour. :stuck_out_tongue:

She has no intention of leaving Andorra any time soon. It's too close to the caverns where she thinks she can find "her heritage" and learn more about the dragons. But she would be willing to let it be, technically, "covenant property" for as long as she lives, as long as it's de facto her armour. If she does ever leave, she would probably try to negotiate being able to keep the armour, but she'll cross that bridge when she gets to it.

((And sorry it took so long to reply...I probably skimmed it before work, meant to answer after work, and it slipped my mind until there were more replies. I should probably stop doing that.))

OK, I think we just need to figure out what the budget is then. Marko?

Put in a budget request with the Treasurer :smiley:
Carmen looks at the proposal and as How much vis do you require for this size=1 [/size]project?

The Arma Draco will take 19 pawns of Vim. 18 pawns to open (24 capacity, less 6 for Vulc's Craft score) plus 1 to make it an Item of Quality. The Wings enchantment is coming out of his own pocket. "I could make this out of Damascene steel instead of Toledo steel, which would drop its capacity to 20 and thus only cost 15 pawns total. But Andorran magi really should not be wearing anything less than Toledo steel... It wouldn't be appropriate."

Knight's Honour has already been made, opened, and had a DEO enchantment put in it. I'm not SELLING it to the covenant so I don't need any budget for donating it to the covenant. Adding the enchantment to dispel any ward against metal weapons, though, he needs 4 pawns of Vim for that.

Salt mining works a bit differently (just did a crash course read on it). You could use Rego to create and improve minshafts, Creo to preserve and protect equipment from rapid salt corrosion, Rego to extract salt from the rocks and process it, Corpus and Aurum magic to p[reserve the health of the miners and purify the air (salt mining is very hazzardous to the health).

Salt mining is very lucrative. The word "salary" is derived from the word.

If you are only enchanting one effect into it, why not make it a Lesser device? you are simply requesting funds for opening an item for enchantment.
Which is actually not a bad idea. Will there be room left for her to place her own enchantments into it?

"Quite a bit, yes. It can only ever increase in value, if she obsesses over it as she does everything else of value. When we have long since passed into Final Twilight the items we have made will still be borne by Andorran magi." He smiles with a far-off look in his eyes.

With Vulc's mysteries it really is a good investment to have him make items and open them for enchantment, because he can handle up to 35 pawns of vis in a single season (a fearsome feat for non-Verdi), and because it costs 6 pawns less when he does it.

Finally got around to creating a thread for the council meeting that FĂ©dora called, to discuss what needs to be done as a covenant to keep the Mercere house here. Don't know if we want to move all the meeting posts over there or not, but it would make it tidier.

youtube.com/watch?v=HNbqvqf3-14
I didn't know what "Pursuit Predator" really meant until I watched this!

My only issue is that everything is getting stacked in Spring 1230. That is when Carmen & Estaban & Vibria are on Mission Improbable. And it isn't just you. Everyone seems to want everything to happen in 1230. We need to stretch things out a bit more. In fact, there is already a council meeting on this very subject taking place in Fall 1230.

I thought the Fall of 1230 was when the actual Redcap Convention was happening, which is why I wanted the Andorra council meeting early enough to make plans. If it works better for it to be Summer, I can change it. Or, if I was wrong and the Redcaps aren't going to be here for another year, then we can just say the council meeting is in Fall. I just want enough time to put whatever plans we decide into place.

I've clearly seen too many American films.

Either the council meeting is at the end of summer and the Recaps convene at the start of Fall, or the council is at the start of Fall and the convention is at the end of Fall. It won't be a whole season affair. Just a few weeks at the most.

I kinda like this ability of Ludwig's. It would put him right at the top of House Bjornaer's shitlist if word gets out. Which could be interesting :slight_smile:

I think the characteristics aren't right. After buying the characteristics you add twice the size to strength and subtract size from quickness. To get those characteristics on a size +3 creature would take 21 points, and with 3x Improved Characteristics you only have 16 points.

The creature has the Large Virtue. Starting at Size +2 & Might and Characteristics adjusted accordingly, Large simply grants a +1 increase to size with no additional effects.
For comparison, I based Salty on "Arkliss Dragon of the Fens", RoP: Magic p. 75&76. I should have made better use of Salty or given him better soak. But Carmen did have a panic attack and all...

I'd like to encourage everyone to read this article I came across a few weeks ago:
lookrobot.co.uk/2013/06/20/11-wa ... oleplayer/

In particular, "no, that never happened" is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

In the improv world, we describe this as the concept of "Yes, And..."
pantheater.com/articles-rule ... omedy.html

This is different. You decided Carmen's actions for her (in agreeing to go out in the hall). I have the right to have her say "No". But I do see your point and see how we can roll with it anyway. Vulcanus will have to make his speech in public council. Or it will have to wait until after the meeting. I will consider one of those two possibilities and come up with a response in character & in thread, suitable for private or public conversation.

Remember a few weeks ago, when I said that, now that I know what an ushanka is, I want one?

Well...I have no self-control when it comes to shopping.