General Table Talk

Oh, he knows. He's afraid that Vulc will try to legislate against him with the council if word of his Harnessed Magic gets out.

Doubt that would happen, then everyone at Andorra would be guilty of depriving Vocis of his magical power. The political implications are huge, and could involve Andorra being pressured to join a Tribunal.

Vulc doesn't care what Vocis does on his own dime, he just doesn't want covenant resources allocated to a vis-waster for vis-wastage.

I should point out that your spells expire whenever you go into Twilight as well. Your wife might think you are dead when really you are on a Void Vacation for a year.

! You're skinnier than I thought, but yeah, I can see the handsome devil thingie :laughing:

Vulcanus can pressure for Vocis to be forbidden to enchant items for the covenant (on covenant funds), that's all right.

But he has no say on what Vocis does with his vis allotment. Should vocis decide to throw it out, it's his vis, his choice. As JL said, doing otherwise would be a deprivation of magical power.

Really? That's not in the virtue description or the errata.

EDIT: And after further consideration, that would truly suck. It would mean that every Twilight renders his items not just powerless, but completely disenchanted. My reading of Harnessed Magic is that even dismissing an effect from one of his enchantments destroys the enchantment. If this is how it is, it's how it is. I may need to reconsider his seasons spent making a talisman, though.

Agree with FM. I don't recall it working like this (I trust him on the errata), and if it was, it would sure put the virtue in the flaws territory.

Same here. Never heard of your spells failing while in twilight. Unless the SG wants them to fail, of course.

I am failing all sorts of rolls in Ars Magica Lore lately. Could have sworn that was in there. Maybe it is part of something else. Oh well, one of the benefits of troupe style play is that I have you guys to cover me when I make kistakes :smiley:

You want people not to get your names mixed up, don't pick names that sound so similar.

Also, maaaybe a guy who always turns "Arnau" into "Arnauf," "Guillaume" "Gillame," and "Gardaitis" into "Gradiatis" shouldn't be snarky when we get HIS names wrong, hmmm?

:laughing:
That's just badd spelling and being a clumsy typist. And I have been doing the snarky name thing when called Rodrigo for years. Old habits build confidence :mrgreen:

NOw, that is an interesting neologism. kistakes. As in "Kiss takes". Maybe is some sort of stag party feature? It sound promising! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :laughing:

No man, the rock band, KISS!!! "Shout it out loud!"
:laughing:
It is this stupid keyboard. Letters jammed to close together and buttons are flat. and locusts.

I need to withdraw. Some personnel changes at work and a new relationship have left me overcommitted.

:frowning:

The selfish side of me says that sucks, I've enjoyed playing with Vulc (both as Vibria and as FĂ©dora).

The stronger side of me says we're going to miss you, I hope your job gets its act together and gets you some help, and that the new relationship works out.

Oh :frowning:
I loved Arachné disliking Vulcanus.

Good luck with everything, especially the relationship :smiley:

It took some poking around, but I finally found an appropriate picture of FĂ©dora.

Prover'te eto.

Huh. It looks like I missed it when I transferred everything from my original (spreadsheet) version of Vocis because it was his only ReIm spell. I corrected it on the wiki.

Goat Magic is my dismissive nickname for Goetic Magic. Had issues in the past with trying to impose their gnostic or nihilistic paradigm upon the game.
Resistance affects active magic, instant or continuous effects. There are indeed inconsequential traces of magic that do not get resisted though. Examples I will sight (presuming no other magic is active) include: an Item of Quality, an item containing vis, an enchanted item with all effects inactivated (including a talisman), people under the effect of a Longevity Ritual, a Familiar, and so forth.