General Table Talk

Thanks for the nod from Marko - please let me know if there's specific help any of you need on background etc and I'll see what I can do now that Vortigern seems to have nailed out most of Ludo's character.

Good to see extra players signing up and glad to see Arawn might be making an appearance.

Nice work on the tension between Octavius and Ludo (Tremere Quaesitor vs Tytalus Titanoi, who knows perhaps they can be friends... :stuck_out_tongue: ?)

Cheers,

Lachie

I know! The irony is delicious, isn't it? That these two individuals would need to cooperate for the greter good and self interest.

My apologies there, aside from my forewarned vacations, work is taking me a dreadfull lot of time, and... Well, I had some problems at work and had a... when you just crumble and cry? Anyway...
I'll try to take up when I can, but I can't tell when.

I couldn't have predicted these, but still feels like I let you down.

Since when do Tytalus' work for the greater good?

Don't sweat it, LOL. I know how you feel. Let it be known to all that I expect each of us to need to drop out and back in from time to time. Myself included. And with the slow pace of PbP, you really didn't miss much. Just jump right on in anytime you are ready, or rest as long as you need. You are always welcome.

When it serves their own self intrests of course :wink:

It was a rhetorical question

It depends on your view of Tytalus ethics. I think some, rather than being totally selfish, actually feel that they do. Though their definition of good, and what serves it best, is likely to have others begging to differ. So long as they beg. :smiling_imp:

I just received my copy of RoP: Magic today.

A nice surprise after a somewhat hectic first week of a new job!

It looks very, very good.

Cheers,

Lachie

My summer holidays call! CU in a week or so.

Have fun! I myself have been busy preparing for the Berkely Grand Tribunal this weekend (yay!).

Next week I am planning to pick up the pace again. I want to start a new chapter divided into two threads. One thrad will concern the search for Val-Negra, which will require leaving the covenant (gasp!) and visiting a few places perhaps. The second thread is a small home story Scott has developed (Scott aka MT Knife aka Viola). Not to give too much away, it has to do with the local fae and Viola's sudden inability to talk coherently.

I don't know who wants in on which thread, and a few of you may just want to hole up in your sanctum and ignore it all. Carmen will particiate in the home plot with the fae. I am hoping Marie will join in, but she is free to choose as she will. I was planning for Octavius to go out on the expidition, but his specific character might be better suited for the faerie plot. Again, your call.

In fact, if you would all weigh in and state what you would be most interested in, it will help Scott and I develop our respective plotlines.

And while I am at it, do any of you have any story ideas you would like to try and run? We have plenty of unknown hooks to go around :wink:, and I would bbe glad to help you develop something if need be. Also, what sorts of adventures, stories, intrigues and plots are each of you interested in?

After much delay, I have returned. Woot!

Inigo is perhaps obviously more interested in Val-Negra, but he could really do either. As a player, I’d rather not play in a story that’s too crowded (I consider more than ~3 magi to be crowded, but, like everything, it depends on context).

Pencil me in for the journey abroad, but I’ll switch over if everyone’s doing one thing or another. I’m also willing to put my money where my mouth is on the problem of crowding and develop a storyline… something political with a bit of mystery thrown in, perhaps?

Marko how many votes are needed to gain membership?

Not that I speak with authority...

But normally it is a majority. Sometimes a unanimous vote, or in other words... no if any current member objects. I'm not certain if it has been defined what the charter of Andorra stipulates.

I had asked if we had a covenant charter some time ago. Mark hasn't had a chance to reply to me yet.

I am now back! The Tribunal was a blast. Anyway, a simple majority vote is all that is needed. There are weird formalities that get "yadda-yadda-ed" over, and no one is brought in at the bottom ranks anymore.

Thanks but how many votes votes are needed. 1, 2 or perhaps 173? Decimus already got two votes.

ack from holiday. Need a day to read up. Looks like the Maga talking nonsense thread went nowhere anyway.

LOL, that's because I was away too. We can do that, or do something else. What sort of story would you yourself be personally interested in?

I for one love details like this. But many players seem to consider them tedious. I do however think, especially in the area of charters, that knowing the terms before you need them can prevent arguments and headaches. It can also cause them as players with different mindsets and views of Ars hash things out... but it is still better to do that when the story isn't at a clinching point.