General Table Talk

[size=150]Warehouse 23 seems to have everything at 25% off!
[/size]
For anyone interested, now might be a good time to pick up some of those books you were planning on getting. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts.

If Donna were to go looking for an apprentice weaponsmith, in say the fall or winter, would that be a story or just a side item in her off season? Considering the student wouldn't need to be gifted, it might not make much of a story...

either he is a generic unexceptional kind of guy, or another player must design him.

(moved to a more appropriate thread)

I still sing that song sometimes...okay, a lot. But it's just so darn catchy!

Full disclosure: Vocis's parens, Phineus the artificer, is named after Phineas from Phineas and Ferb.

"Chicken Boo, what's the matter with you?
You don't act like the other chickens do.
You wear a disguise to look like human guys
But you're not a man, you're a Chicken Boo."

(Me too.)

I was always a fan of Pinky and the Brain.
I hope you find the Robot Chicken parody sufficiently disturbing.
And here is their treatment of Dora the Explorer.
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Gotta love Robot Chicken! (And Pinky and the Brain)

When you say generic unexceptional kind of guy do you mean "don't even make a character sheet" or would outspoken young woman with Dx 1 or less and no particular gift at weaponsmithing be acceptable?

I mean just name the guy and I will do the rest :slight_smile:

Elizabeth

that's a strange name for a guy. If you are specifically looking for a female apprentice blacksmith, such a thing is very very rare. It is rare enough that I would require a story to try and find one, and success is not guaranteed. If you want to take the first person available, it will be a boy.
Why does it have to e a female? Is there some sort of feminist-sexism at work here?

Donna is still hurting about her own background, and not being tied to a guild would prefer to find a girl to train. An adventure would be fine...(winter 1234)

I have a few ideas planned for Winter and this fits well into them. And I haven't forgot about the potential baker adventure. Let me clear up the stuff happening at the moment, get us to Winter and all prepped up for our expedition, and Winter will be for all those final last-minute details we need to sort out.

I'm eager for winter, since that means Lucas will be there.

Very well :smiley:
Everyone who is not involved directly in a story, update through to the start of Winter, beginning of the year 1235.

Will Lucas be able to set up his lab in Autumn 1234, or should I have him do something else and set up the lab later?

Also, in cruising the wiki, I found the Expanded Familiar Rules: http://andorra.wikidot.com/familiar-mysteries

Are these in effect, or are they an old set of rules?

The season you join is the season you set up your lab.
Everyone gets to hut the ground running. I just looked up the HR we had been using, and it turns out it is easier than I indicated. you may either...

• Start off with a basic lab requiring no time or effort
  • Spen a season to configure your lab with a balanced number of Virtues & Flaws
    OR...
  • Spend time refining your lab and then some time installing Virtues & Flaws.

Installing/Rearranging Virtues & Flaws takes a single season if they are balanced. Otherwise it takes a minimum of ONE season, plus one season per Minor Virtue and two per Major, minus one season per Minor Flaw and minus two for Major.
I grant this benefit for two main reasons. First, it is so new characters can get into the mix as quickly as possible. Secondly, I don't want to wait and wait for you to finish your lab before I can hook you into a story.
The real limiting factor is Upkeep. Journeymen are covered up to Upkeep +2 and have to pay for the rest out of pocked (though the are allowed to go into debt). For Masters, the covenant pays for Upkeep +4 and above that splits the difference (and Masters are also allowed to go into debt).

Is Lucas going to be in Andorra or Sa Dragonera? I only ask because it will effect what his lab looks like. I'm cool with either outcome. If they want him in Andorra, that's fine. But I also wouldn't mind being off in Mallorca if that's what the covenant needs.