General Table Talk

Yeah, yeah. Flesh it out. I am just trying to shoehorn you in, so any better idea you guys have is preferable.

Ok, fleshing it is.

Is it possible to get into the covenant, as a mundane, without being let in? I rather like the idea that he arrives in the dead of night, with heavy rain, breaks in looking for shelter, and is found in the morning by someone - but if that Just Doesn't Work, it's fine.

Selim would be a great addition - a third cutthroat trader with a third perspective on the world. Lots of social interaction opportunities there. But I'm not the one running it. :slight_smile:

What sort of trade would they be looking to engage in?

They are obviously going to Jerez to get some sweet wine for the magi. Only problem is that there are quite a few not-so-friendly people artoud, with the Calatrava knights, the Portuguese, the local Muslim powers and the local djinn all vying for dominance and hating each other. You get both forest, grassland and desert in the area. And bandits, there must be bandits around as well. Wasn't Cadiz where all those ghosts from legends of Hermes were located?

In the Spring?

perhaps we can put all three together in the same story, as a way to introduce him.

For a single person, it's certainly possible, although it might not be easy.
And if he does that, Arachné sure won't be happy :laughing: It means that a magi might do the same and wreak untold chaos.

So sure, go ahead!

Eeeeexcellent. What I'll probably do is move Bernat to a proper thread, and embellish his backstory there up to the point he breaks in in the night. Then Marko can give us a dated thread starting from his discovery the next morning, if that suits.

I think your sarcasm detector has failed. Have you considered the consequences of getting caught? Fixer is talking about having you actually play out trying to sneak into the covenant. I'll let you play it out, but be warned.

I can see a really funny scene here with Horus and Cidito conversing between them (and maybe with a grog, companion or magus as well) about the human they are observing scale the wall before moving to the guy and introducing themselves.
Having 2 animals say "hello" to you when you are in a really precarious position can be quite nice. :mrgreen:

One of them looks down at him over the wall and tells him it is easier to use the door :laughing:

It might be easier to disguise himself and sneak in with the supply caravan.

"If we ever catch you trespassing again, we will kill you, and then we will hire your ghost as a security consultant."

Oh. :blush: It's sometimes hard to tell "that's a terrible idea, which will likely get you killed or worse" from "that's a moderately bad idea, which would therefore make a great story". To be fair, Bernat's stutter is probably going to cause enough problems here, so perhaps arriving by the main door is still a good option.

We might, or not.
It'd be nice, but he doesn't need to play it out if he doesn't want to: Bernat might just have a lucky break, or be clever about it, such as sneaking in with the supplies

And this makes me think, our surveillance, although elite, is mostly mundane, and thus subject to mundane troubles. Which would give arachné yet another reason to bind ghosts as sentries, tremere-style (yes, her time in transylvania had a profound effect on her)

Oooh! Shiny!

Now that I think about it, if he's just seeking a shelter from the elements, this is the most sensible solution. If you're basically innocent and just want a roof over your head, to you really want to risk life and limb by climbing a castle wall guarded by armed men?

And if you show up injured somehow with a good tale to tell, it seems (to me, anyway) that you'd be more likely to be accepted at face value. Maybe he's limping along with an arrow wound (or something) suffered while fleeing his former employers.

That seems much more reasonable.

That would be one solution to the haunted flaw for Fleur's sanctum...

Longtime reader, first-time poster.

I don't suppose there might be room for one more?

There could be. You would have to discuss that with the troupe. As for right now, I have other issues to deal with. I apologise.
Which brings me to the following announcement...

I will be moving over the next couple of days and my internet may be spotty until I get things sorted out. I will try to make it to the library and maybe re-expand my phone for interwebz. Be patient, I will get it all together soon

Afterwards, I will contemplate what we can do. I still have a character or three that I need to work into the saga at the moment.