General Table Talk

I believe Marko put a ruling for this, and I believe you're going a little overboard... Should have put this on the wiki..........
Thing is, I can't find where...

IMO, yes, of course.

Ah, thanks! That's it!

How to put it?
IMO, the familiar / animal companion is already cheesy.
Having it give you a more powerful familiar? Please, no.

Note, also, that, even there, such an animal is "A good example is a newly gauntleted maga with a Magic Animal Companion as a Minor Flaw. Not yet a familiar yet potentially so", meaning that:

• Newly gauntleted maga, which, as far as I understand, isn't the case here.
  • No beginning play with it being bound, or knowing MT.
  • There's no guarantee that it will be suitable familiar material.

I really don't mind changing the flaw for something else if that's the general feeling, it's largely a non-issue for me as I took it more for fluff purposes than anything else. Also, I have no issues making his familiar either Might 10 or 15 as opposed to 20.

Edit: In fact, having a lower Might Familiar allows me to do more with the Bonds, so that's always a huge plus.

Right? "If you're going to accuse me of something, at least accuse me of something I actually did!"

Exactly! :mrgreen:

And this would be why he sent the letter to Solomon personally :slight_smile:

All of you young magi takes things soooooo personally :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I'm allowed to take things personally when I'm accused of being a thief - and with not a shred of evidence to back it up! :wink:

Either Valgravian doesn't have a way with words. Or he just really, really rubs Frederika the wrong way. I'm really not sure which! (besides, I'm going to be taking things personally long after I cease to be a young mage - or maybe unaging means I'll always be young in that regard...)

I'm curious about the covenant's relationship with the church and what representation they have in Arans. I seem to recall that there's a priest in residence, though I might be misremembering. I'm also not certain which bishop we fall under. I have the germ of an idea for a story, but need more information about Andorra's relationship with the church before I can make it grow into a real story.

I believe the Bishop of Urgell who has entered into a pact with faeries allowing them nearly free reign within the dominion areas he has authority over (this was spelled out in Bernat's entry to the covenant and Stranger Danger) the full details of which are not yet available. I was under the impression there was a priest somewhere about and of course there is Adan who most explicitly should not be counted.

Pressed for time again. I will respond and post lots and lots on sunday.

Silveroak, can the back to Beq redcap be Gunnvara? I didn't see an answer so someone missed something...

Random question, but I'm looking at Rituals that would generally be handy to know and so far I have:

Aegis of the Hearth
The Ambulatory Laboratory
Incantation of Summoning the Dead
The Bountiful Feast

Healing Ritual
Stat Boost Rituals

Anything else? Like I said, curious.

Watchimg Ward / Waiting Spell
Cnjuratin of the Mystic Tower

skip stat boostimg rituals. n one likes those.

Stat boosting rituals are the best rituals around! Every magi will want Int and Stamina Boosters. Any magi that considers social situations important will want Pre and Com boosters. A good com booster can turn anyone into a decent writer as well. Silveroak's library project could use them. Per keeps you aware, generally a good thing. Qik, Dex, and Str are less useful for a magus.

The Bountiful Feast is good for boosting food production in an area as a reward to a village or to increase a source of income, but to just straight up feed people skip the middle men. You'll end up with way more food for an equally level ritual in fact. So a food creation spell could find a use. Or several so we have some variety in the food.

Build creation is always good. The mystic tower is probably overly fancy for most uses though. Endless variety there.

Spells to create magical animals are cool when you have something specific in mind, although the level is probably too high for most.

A spell to create a spring can't go amiss. It can instantly make an area much more habitable.

[quote="Marko Markoko"skip stat boostimg rituals. n one likes those.[/quote]

That was my thoughts about them as well Cat! Or are you talking from a OOC perspective Marko? I've always thought stat boosting rituals were ok, they're huge vis/time sinks that provide comparatively little gain.

Yup, was on the list for a reason!

I've always been intrigued by Hermetic Architecture, I was also looking at some of their rituals to improve buildings.

That was a an interesting long term idea, you can do some really cool things. Though why restrict yourself to Magic Animals? Think about suddenly being able to triple the covenant's herds with one spell!

I was thinking about a spell to create more mild seasons and perfect growing weather. Couple it plus Bountiful and you have some very happy peasants!

Everytime Arachné appears, I see this:

(except without the blindfold)

Oh! Possibly should mention, with regard to the letter Valgravian (grumblegrumble) sent again: Frederika does have Locate the Missing Artefact. So if you want to put the new recruit to work, I'll be more than happy to rant up and down the covenant in an effort to clear my unfairly slandered name :laughing:

Agreed. You do not need a Might 20 familiar. And the Flaw Combination thing never worked out anyway. Start with Might 10 Summer. If you need more Might or XP, take a few Inferiorities.

Silveroak is correct. The Parish of Ordino, and the other parishes of Andorra. According to the History of Andorra provided by Wikipedia...

The local priest mentioned that no one ever sees is Father Clemente. I was going to whack him but players at the time said to keep him. He could use more play, and I do not recall if I ever made stats for him. Clemente is an old soldier, a former Templar and a buddy to old Antonio back in the day. The archmagus set him up with the local priest job. He is not under the Bishop and is not connected with the parish. He just does little stuff locally, ye olde handwavium blessings and prayers, and he drinks.

Wait...why is the Inquisition knocking on our door? Should I be worried?

Why, have you done anything wrong?

Innocent people have nothing to fear from the Inquisition. :smiley: