General Table Talk

Marko (and anyone else with any memory of the discussion), please weigh in on this. Based on what I saw there was some discussion on 'wouldn't it be nice if' journeymen in Sa Dragonerra got paid vis. But I don't remember anything ever actually being decided in favor of the payment.

If Sa Dragonera journeymen do get vis, then I'm going to have to have a retroactive talk with House Mercere about them wanting me to move away from a 3 vis/year situation into 0 vis/year situation.

All I remember is that no one could agree. I suggest the following...
Everyone serving at Sa Dragonera gets a little extra cash and counts as doing service just for maintaining a post.
A Season of Deputy Service earns a little more cash.
A Season devoted to Covenant service outside of this earns vis. For Fleur, the two seasons she put into setting up the school count.

Also, helping Arachné on the Covenant Project, at least in her eyes.

So, does that mean Sa Dragonerans get the 3 pawns and £6 a year for daring to live there, or just the £6

And the vis reward for Covenant Service and cash (and/or prizes) for Deputy Service is decided on a case-by-case basis?

And is Arachné's "Covenant Project" the big Guardian thing? (Does she want them to be able to poison people, maybe?)

A simple system which I hope people can agree on, is as I stated above.
Residing at Sa Dragonera counts as Service, and they each also get a little cash. This takes no actual time out.
Deputies get paid some cash for deputy services. The job is voluntary.
Extra work above and beyond that earns vis.

I'm still a little confused. When you say "counts as a Service" that implies that each journeyman in Sa Dragonera gets 3 vis and £6 each year, since performing a service gets you that payment. Then you say that they also get extra cash (presumably another £6). So are you saying that Sa Dragonera journeymen get 3 vis and £12 each year (more than for a season of service) just for being there?

Give me a little bit to read back through everything and do some deductive reasoning and I'll try to provide a detailed recommendation to Marko. It's the least I can do as the "Keeper of Sa Dragonera" :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant Journeyman service, earning statu as master. Three tasks/seasons or a seven year stint at Sa Dragonera.

Now I'm even more confused. Previously the wiki had said that a three year stint at Sa Dragonera counted as one of the three tasks required to become master. But now you're saying that a seven year stint at Sa Dragonera counts for all three tasks?

I'm very confused.

At this point, I am putting a moratorium on generating new characters until we sort out the mess we currently have.

One or the other. You get the point.
Also, I just dropped a chunk of vis on everyone so we wouldn't have to worry about any of this.

I'm not particularly worried about the vis. But I might well have stayed in Sa Dragonera for seven years and let House Mercere deal with it had it been said back then that seven years in Sa Dragonera was all that was needed to fulfill your requirements to make master.

Then again, I've been working hard to meet the normal requirement, so hopefully it won't be a huge deal. One clarification, through. Does three years at Sa Dragonera still count as one task the way it was previously said?

The thing is that Fleur bonded her familiar (requiring vis) before you gifted her and before she started doing other services, because you had (as previously quoted) confirmed that she had earned the vis in Sa Draganna. Without that she would not have a familiar and pretty much everything she has done since then is impacted.

So, yeah, it matters.

Question on the moratorium: may I have an exception for the grog student-teacher previously identified? I would be creating him (yes him!) at around age 7-10, his (adult) com would be 2 and his abilities would be largely defined by the training program, aside from free seasons and what he already had when he began training.

Also, I do apologize if it sounds like I'm trying to be difficult. I'm really not. All I'm trying to do is meet some requirements that seem to be a moving target. I just don't want to be blind-sided if and when the time comes for promotion.

Argh! I ask everyone to give me some time to compile all of the information on Sa Dragonera. I'm doing it right. so please give me a few minutes to do so.

Also, Silveroak, can you point me to where Marko mentioned all of the magi out there get vis? I can't find it anywhere, and I'm trying to be thorough.

I'm not sure how to link to individual posts, but on p. 234 of this thread, second post down, he states

Okay, as promised, I've pored through all of the "official" rules documents as well as the various discussions we've had on Sa Dragonera and this is what I've found/propose to the troupe. Feel free to debate, and Marko we can move this to a different thread if you think that makes more sense.

1. Choosing (no one will ever be forced) to take up residency at the Balearic Isles grants the member immediate provisional Journeyman status (vice having to spend time as a Pledge).

2. "Residence" in the Balearic Isles includes having one's primary Sanctum and Lab within a regio located in the area of the Balearic Isles and connected to Sa Dragonera. Further, Balearic Isles Resident magi must spend at least 2 seasons per year within the Balearic Isles (this could be doing lab work, studying texts, adventuring on one of the islands, traveling between the islands, etc.). All magi residing in the Balearic Isles will coordinate to ensure at least one magus is in the Balearic Isles at all times. [If this seems too harsh, we could drop it down to 1 season; the idea is that if their purpose of being there is to protect and harvest the vis source, they actually need to be around]

3. Provisional Journeymen have all of the rights and privileges of a Journeyman, with the additional proviso that they must remain in the Balearic Isles for a minimum of 7 seasons (the normal waiting period for Pledges to be considered Journeyman). If they choose to vacate the Balearic Isles before they have served 7 seasons there, then they immediately lose their Provisional Journeyman status.

4. After 7 seasons the provisional title goes away and they are simply Journeymen.

5. An additional 3 years residence in the Balearic Isles after they have fulfilled their Provisional requirements count as one service towards earning Master status.

6. Journeymen that reside within the Balearic Isles are conferred the status of Deputy Officer for their service to the covenant. This includes the standard stipend of 6£ of silver per year granted to all Deputy Officers.

7. Once a resident of the Balearic Isles has completed his Provisional requirements he may request from the Master's Council a transfer of his sanctum to Andorra proper. Requesting a transfer does not guarantee approval, as factors such as available space at Andorra proper, number of magi currently residing in the Balearic Isles, and the conduct of the magus will be taken into account by the Master's Council.

8. Beyond these specific exceptions, residents of the Balearic Isles will have all rights and privileges befitting their appropriate status. This includes standard lab upkeep (up to 3£ per year for journeymen), access to the library of Andorra, and all others enumerated in the Andorra Covenant Resolutions of Charter.

Hmm, honestly that looks like a misprint on Marko's part. Deputy Officer's earn a stipend of 6£ silver per year. How much vis did Fleur use? I'm sure it can be worked out as her taking out a loan and paying it back with the "vis gift" from Marko.

Right click on the title at the top of the post, then select "Copy Link Address." The post you're citing is here.

I confess I do not reca what I said earier. But two important points can render all of that moot.

1. All member have vast credit and can draw vis a needed on account I forget the limit, but the point is that there is no need to wait.
  2. Lucas doesn't have to move. Remember that I had mistakenly thought Lucas was at Arans to begin with. The Mercere wanthim there, but that could be his "office" and the manor still his home.

The moratorium on new characters stands for now, at least until I sort things out. Give me until July 6th (hitting the Dead show on the 5th, so I may be imagining I am posting teepathicayuntil the effects wear off)
:mrgreen:
(just kidding. I gave up drugs decades ago. I am just a common rummy now a days)