General Table Talk

As for the maps, as I am posting from this ancient Blackberry style phone (with worn out keys that cnstantly drop letters), I am unable to discern details. AFAIK, the two towers in the upper left are part of the Mercere Quarter. I don't care which one is/was used for what. I grant to you to decide which is which and was that way all along. This is fiction, not reality. We can bend facts to our will.

Roger that.

Thank you thank you thank you!

In reading I just found the "War Engine" in the Adorra wiki on the Valdarius Heritage. I want one.

Two questions; one, if Antoine was "promoted" to Artifex, has that happened by now (and therefore is he still a Journeyman, or a Master)? Two, I've lost the details of the even exchange rate. Is it perfectly even, or do Techniques cost more than Forms?

1. He was probably promoted to assistant to the Artifex. That's how the masters are covering the Marshal and Herald offices.

2. I believe Technique vis is worth double Form vis. (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

Never got around to finish that one. Glad it pleases you, though.

Nimoy of Verditius was Dimir Taar's mystagogue in house Verditius, and Andres Flambeau was the second Valdarian to serve as a master to Vulcanus, with Ferrum being his parens.
So it's old, but not that old. Where did it went, though? Maybe it was stolen along with the rest of the Old Vault's contents.

1. I think you are right. Arachné's tendency would have him promoted to Artifex, just to piss of Vulcanus, but she'll recognize it as too quick.
  2. I think you are right again.

For PB and Fixer...I know it's not documented anywhere, but there was a lot of discussion about this before, and serving at Sa Dragonera is considered their season of service per year. The idea was that they would basically spend one season each year in the "greater Sa Dragonera area" :laughing: to provide protection of the vis source. This could be lab work, exploring the local area (which Acutus tends to do in shark form), etc. I think Pere's plan was to sail around the area, perhaps trading with the local islanders.

I may be confused about this, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the Resolutions of Charter about journeymen being required to perform a season of service every year. The Resolutions do say: "A Journeyman is eligible to earn annual Wages of 3 pawns of vim plus 6£ of silver in any year in which they perform a season of service (not to be counted as one of the three exceptional service required for eligibility to be elevated to a Master)." But there's nothing about mandatory service.

That having been said, there's the general duty to protect the interests of the covenant, etc. And I think things like Marko's requirement over the jump that officers or assistants devote a season every other year to their offices is a good thing. But I can't see anything that requires a full season every year.

Or am I missing something?

No, that's just Guiverna not quite understanding the (rather convoluted in places) Charter, and wanting the annual Wages of 3 pawns of vim plus £6. If she gets the wages just by living and working at Sa Dragonera, so much the better. Especially if that's over and above her "living allowance".

I updated the general New Spells page on the wiki with Lucas's invented spells.

I also updated the Vault page on the wiki to add the Wand of the Giant Soldier

Should we add Marius and Draggona to the mages worksheet to keep track of book usage or the companion worksheet?

My feeling is that since they may be copying books on the Arts or Arcane Abilities, they ought to be on the magi page so that it's one stop shopping to see if a book on the Arts or Arcane Abilities is being used.

Yes. and add fausto too.

Makes sense to me.

As I understand it, Journeyman members of Sa Dragonera get £3 and 3 pawns of vis (any art that's available) per year, as inhabiting and keeping Sa Dragonera save and under Andorra's control counts as their "season of service". Is that right?

My understanding is:

1.) No journeyman gets vis unless they actually spend a season in service to the covenant.

2.) There was no determination that simply being in Sa Dragonera would count as a "service."

3.) There is no requirement of a yearly season of service for journeymen.

If these understandings were incorrect, I'd have probably had a different conversation with House Mercere about how moving to Arans would cost me 3 vis a year.

Also in table talk development:

so yes, journeymen in Sa Dragonna do receive 3 pawns a year.

I think Marko misspoke.

I definitely agree that journeymen in Sa Dragonerra get paid £6/year for being a deputy officer. But to the best of my understanding, that's it. There was nothing I recall ever being agreed among the Council that said that Journeymen in Sa Dragonerra get vis. Under the Resolutions of Charter, a deputy officer receives silver, not vis, and the journeymen at Sa Dragonera are considered deputy officers.

Furthermore, the description of vis expenditures on the wiki supports this. It notes:

This accounts for what the masters get and what the officers get. But there's no indication of vis going out to journeymen in Sa Dragonera. I understand that there is an entry for potential journeyman wages. But again, my understanding is that wages are for actual seasons spent in service to the covenant. There's been no indication that living in Sa Dragonera counts as a season of service.

Believe me, I'd love the vis due to Lucas under the more generous interpretation. I just don't see that interpretation supported by the facts.

Unless Marko corrects this, I'm going with what I was told directly instead of what can be inferred.