General Table Talk

Indeed. Cecilio's future is an unknown, and events in City of Brass (where she was met) need to play out a bit before we know how certain member magi (such as Roberto and Solomon) will react.
What do you propose? What do you intend?
How about starting up a new soldier grog or a scribe?

If you want to, sure. What do you have in mind?

Marko.
There is no letter "c" in the Greek alphabet. And my actual name is just plain Mark. With a "k".
:mrgreen:
What I was thinking is that I want to pass the buck. Not sure if I mis-scribed my intent. It was for Cannonball to run a story introducing that grog. Fredrika has nothing to do with it. You can mix things if you want, and you don't have to take the challenge. Just putting it on the table.

If you can hold until Spring '37, Roberto will have CrIg35 Ball of Abysmal Flame at his disposal :smiley:

What are the exact rules again? I did have the notion of some insight or such from the events in the Cavern of Entropy.

If he is ready to go, I will tinker a story together this week. What year is good for you? In the interest of spacing things out, I am thinking '38 or '39.

I will look that up. Maybe prepare some library stuff while I am at it.

There is a lot to catch up on, and my life has been crazy lately. I tried to get to a lot today. There is yet more to do.
I am looking for a volunteer. Someone to gather bullet points of everything I need to address and have glanced over accidentally. One person, one list. I will be dormant a few days, prolly be able to get my lap top online Tuesday and/or Thursday. But there are situations at hand I have no control over. Please be patient :smiley:

Indeed he is! 38 works for me!

Hee, ok. :slight_smile:

... that would explain why there aren't many Valdarians, though. :mrgreen:

Wow, Solomon has some nifty technology for the 13th century!

I really want to fill up a lab with enchanted items that mimic modern lab equipment. This as two effects a) huge bonus to labwork. and b) a really awesome lab.

Could always go with the Hermetic Alchemy stuff in TMRE. Philosophic Alchemy is really good - and the major version of that virtue is astounding.

Yeah, but that would require mysteries and stuff. Could always join Fleur's new cult. Cult of the Scholars or something. Focused around books and research and probably sex because its Fleur.

Silveroak, Solomon is not avoiding Fleur's question...it's just that I'm at work and want to reread some stuff before he gives his "quaesitorial" answer.

Alchemy is easy to come by in this region of the world. Lots of self initiation scripts without the hassle of a cabal of cultists.
See, in the real world, "Hermetic Science" began in Iberia with the study of Alchemy and Astrology. So I imagine that in Mythic Iberia, the stuff would be both prevelant and commonplace.
If I had my way, I would declare half that stuff already integrated into Hermetic Magic. And in my view, Hermetic Magic is already heavily influenced by it.

So, I'm updating the tower map. Once Lucas moves to Arans, does it look like this:

or this:

Originally Marko said that the "Mercere Tower" was the tower set aside by the covenant for whatever Mercere magus was located there. Later comments by Marko implied something different. I just want to know which map to post on the wiki. :slight_smile:

Question for y'all!

I'm working on my familiar and companion/grogs now and I wanted to get folks two cents on the matter. I'm almost done with the familiar and I'll post him in Thomas' thread for approval, but since Thomas is capable of summoning and binding ghosts, it makes more sense for him to want to make full use of them, especially as guards. Now either way he's going to have them (grog/companion or not), but I wanted to see if anyone had objections to me making ghosts for his Grog/Companion slot(s).

I'd basically be using the stock Centurian from True Lineages, with more XP or a slight Might Bump (whatever the troupe decides) for the Companion level character.

Questions, comments, concerns?

Am I correct in thinking that the Dragonerans have first-come-first-served access to the books and lab texts that Andorra has? Or is it "first-come-first-served-but-only-if-none-of-the kids-at-the-adult-table-want-it"?

To the best of my knowledge, it's first-come-first-served among the masters, then first-come-first-served for the journeymen. No special status is given to the journeymen of Sa Dragonera with respect to reserving books.

Trogdor is correct. First dibs goes to the Masters, then Journeymen. Matters not where they dwell.
As for Companions and Grogs, I would prefer you start with norml charcters. Save tricky stuff until after you enter play. I suggest you don't take full advantge of anything. Save some for in-gae development. Save a lot actually. Your efforts at min-maxing are delaying you from starting.
Also, I understand your old school tendancies, but you have to let old habbits go. Do not get bogged down focusing on just one character. I set up the Awards system to reward players directly, not the characters. Even if you are playing only grogs.