General Table Talk

So, for exemple, Arachné would write "winter 1239: Considering defense plans, consulting with fellow magi, testing andorra's defense, and just resting because she's been working non-stop for 10 years now on this", and take 2xp in Andorra Covenant Lore, is that right?

The Spider has a diabolic past, which hasn't come into play (save if that's the reason for the "Meeting with Metron" thread. Still not touching these books, no, thanks).

She also has a Magic Spirit Companion who wants to... frag, it's not on the wiki??? IIRC, she wants to reinstate the cult of some ancient gods/ancestor cult. She already let Arachné into an initiation that unlocked the link to her ancestors, giving her Magical Blood. There was nothing around this*

• And I believe that, counting me, we've got 2, maybe 3 players with similar companions. There must be something to do with this, especially as spooky runs on a similar theme.

Donna has favors she owes to a large magical bird...possibly a Roc (she didn't exactly stop to get its taxonomy while bargaining for her life)
Fleur wants to finish up the investigation into her garden, preferably with a couple of groups of trained grogs.
Magda we need to 'go back' and have Fredrika discover her in 1236.
We also need to decide what spell(s) Fleur gets inspiration for in her research- should one person decide this or make it a community decision? It would be faster if I decide but I don't want someone to declare that I have been 'unrealistic' when we get to 1245 or something...
my thought for the first is 'vision of the unborn babe': Inco:20 [base 5 (specific information: medical defects), range:touch, target:part, duration:concentration], which will give her an incentive to improve her intelligo for at least a season., alternately, the potion of creation from ancient magic p. 56, which is CrCo 25 and would gain 5 breakthrough points in one season.

Pardon, pardon? I feel like I've missed something!

Magda was accepted as a character on the premise that there be an adventure in which she was discovered and introduced into the classroom scenario for the library, it was suggested that this should be Fredrika who discovered her, and the library recruitment took place in spring 1236.

I definitely did miss something then! But cool, no problems from me. The only issue I can think of is I wasn't formally accepted into Andorra until the Summer that year.

If you could wait until 1237, Lucas could find someone just about anywhere. That's his one season every seven years that he has to run messages for House Mercere. Probably too late for you. But I thought I'd offer.

Yeah, she needs to have been in school for a year at that point, which I guess means Fredrika is a problem as well, unless she found her and brought her with her by coincidence just in time... Not entirely sure what Marco was thinking with this one...

Well, it does depend how long I was staying at the covenant before being formally inducted into Andorra proper. I could have been staying as a guest for an indeterminate period of time before my Interoggatory (which I feel would be somewhat realistic?)

Everything will work out one way or another.

Lots of posts! I wil reply to everything when i can. Heavy work weekend coming up. Please have paitience :slight_smile:

So, Cecilia's Adventure for the coming cycle is "Groundhog Year"? :stuck_out_tongue:

So Cecilio has Unbearable to Demons and that infernal stigmata. Which might make Cecilio particularly suited to the role of "demon bait" and Purity hates demons and would want part of the hunt. (If it happens.) So Trogdor mind if she hops in?

Also Fleur does want to take Vulcanus' apprentice, but was looking for the right time- given that it is legal for her to simply walk into the covenant and claim him or her, can I simply insert that as a side item in some season and we will roleplay the consequences after 1242? I currently have this on my planner that his apprentice is taken and trained in summer of 1240, I am assuming int:2 Magic theory:3 at the time she claim the apprentice, has a teaching SQ:24 which would bring the student up to MT:4, giving a +6 bonus to her lab totals She also sells the apprentice in the spring of 1241...

Are we using any of the agent rules (i.e. as presented in Societaes or Lords of Men)?

My expectation would be yes, if it comes to a vote.

Personally, I think that's something that should be played out. I doubt Vulcanus is just going to let Fleur walk in and take his apprentice because she can. I would see him 1) hiding the apprentice from her should she actually find her way to his sanctum, 2) threatening her and 3) potentially even declaring Wizard's War against her.

I would have Semsuhfaw bite him, but I don't want my snake getting sick.

Then I guess we have our 1240 adventure...

Whats general policy for jumping into adventures/threads anyway? Can I jump into the surprise visitor thread or start something in Chapter IV?

It depends on whether there is a way for you to reasonably jump in. For example Back to Bellaquin would be hard for anyone to simply jump in right now since there is one character in Bellaquin and someone else isn't likely to drop by. War in the Roses, however, anyone can pick up an appropriate grog or any non-magus can stop by to volunteer to help out (having to traverse Fleur's Sanctum means magi would need to discuss it ahead of time), at least until they get into the faerie regio.

We should play it out. Vulcanus is indeed violent. And Wadanzee is known for not being law-abiding, and nay simply refuse you entry to visit him in the first place. There is a loose thread I would like to tie up there as well. Also, you should bring Antoine. He has recently (like yesterday) read that one of the Mystery Initiations of the Confraternity of Valdarius is to steal the Phoenix Sword.