General Table Talk

Oh yeah, Library stuff
:mrgreen:
I got distracted doing vis stuff.
I also have come to realize how massive important Sa Dragonera is. I have played Carmen as thinking of it as a money pit, and will continue with that. But she is worng. Sa Dragonera represents nearly a third of our vis.
And it doesn't belong to us!
We have two other high sources, the variable Orange tree I mentioned gives at least 36 Creo. The Eternal Flame (where a phoenix hibernates) generates 32 pawns split between Ignem and Vim. Others include three Storm Sheep for 12 Auram, stuff found in our Silver Mine (6 Muto & 12 Terram), and some other crap I made up.
If anyone has ideas for what else our vis sources consit of, I am open to suggestions. I would like to spread out the amounts, more of them with lower yields and some with lower security &/or off site.
I will post what I have already created, which is totally open to rearrangement. Also keep in mind that this is mainly fluff because of the exchange deal we have with the Mercere. The basics are 200 pawns (66 Tech & 134 Form). They rely on us for the same thing, so it is in our best iterest to keep our stockpiles high and even.

Marko, the Sa Dragonera adventure I have planned will include finding a new vis source as well. I'm in the process of resurrecting that plot, I kind of just wanted to give all the new folks a chance to get in the game and figure out who exactly is at the Sa Dragonera Chapter House.

That's fine. It will be in addition to what we currently have. And I have a desire to cut some of what we currently have and/or sice it into smaller pieces.

Okay, here is mu current grand master plan for this saga. I want to push forward to 1242. Not overnight, but within the next month or two. There may be stories still in progress that take place before that, and we can still fit a few stories in this time. Letā€™s try to space them out, fill in 38, 39, 40, and 41. For new characters starting up, I want to fit them in between 40 and 42. Giving established characters a bit of a jump and allowing us to get a grasp on where we are first.
So, marching forward, this is what I would like everyone to doā€¦

• Plan out all the activities for Magi characters up until (but not including) Winter 1242.
  • Other characters can use the abstract of 20xp per year (minus 5xp for a special activity season); or optionally may use detailed advancement using resources they have at hand.
  • Officers and Deputies should plan at least one season every other year to be dedicated to their duties. It isnā€™t a wasted season, just directed. You can just state an activity and take 2xp exposure, or go into more detail if needed.
  • Everyone with a Story Flaw that has not yet ever come up in play, speak up. I donā€™t have every character memorized. Some have come up only in passing, but that counts for now. We will come back to it after I touch on them all at least once.
  • When making Aging rolls, keep in mind that Conditions are at +2 and Arans has a +1 bonus (Sa Dragonera magi may have an even better bonus).

Lucas has Close Family Ties. That's been in the background a lot, and has come up time and again. But it's never been a big motivator or at the heart of a story. But I suppose that counts for "in passing."

That does count. We will eventually explore that in more depth. But first I want to touch on anything and everything we may have glossed over up to this point.
For example, Carmen's Close Family Ties and Mentor have both been mentioned, Solomon's Succubus was in a scene once, And Roberto had/has a major adventure involving True love, Fleur's cat has had hijinx as well.
Things we have not touched on include Fredrika's infernalist pater, Roberto's Mentor, and other stuff I cannot recall at the moment. Thus I ask to be reminded :smiley:

Frederika's involvement with the infernal by proxy hasn't come up yet. I'll try to figure out how I want to plan out my advancement as well: getting a talisman perhaps, and taking advantage of some of the nicer books in the library (there are plenty of texts that need glossing and commentary!).

So many spells to invent as Boosted, Harnessed, and Tethered ...

I have a Mercere in a game who was "illegitimate" (his master forged his lineage and it was later discovered) for years but a Latent Magical Ability that became Mutantum Magic. I am now dealing with that very same problem. OF course, now he can't be illegitimate if Mutantum is proof of blood of Mutantes, now, can it?

What's Mr. Spooky's / Camillus Aurelius' communication score?

I'll get that done for Guiverna once I get her quarter and laboratory finished and approved. For Vibria, that will probably depend on when she actually returns and what status she has when she applies for membership, what her new lab set-up looks like, and how wild and crazy she and her new husband get. (I'm expecting one, maybe two kids before she gets their LR done.)

Will Guiverna be made an Officer or Deputy? (I'm thinking no, at least not until she's won their trust.)

I don't know if Vibria's Envied Beauty has ever come up except in passing for rp purposes.

I'm not counting FĆ©dora's Dependents (since she's a retired character) or Guiverna's Magic Animal Companion since she's too new.

So, that's a total of +3 for Andorra and +x for Sa Dragonera?

Gunnvara hasn't had her flaw come up. Needs a good zombie army to fight. :slight_smile: Although she's really new, I don't think she's even officially joined the covenant yet. Just living at the Mercere house.

Gunnvarra also has a story thread open in Back to Bellaquin.

[url]https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/back-to-bellaquin-winter-1237/10046/1]

:wink:

I'm actually holding off on Guiverna responding to Carmen giving her the vis. I know exactly what her reaction will be, I need to place her anchor (where on Mallorca or one of the other Balearic Islands the mundane entrance to her regio is). I thought about putting it right next to the docks, but I'm afraid if she does, she'll never get any studying done...unless "Carnal Activities" is a valid Specialization for Athletics. :laughing:

Gunnvara, not Guiverna.

Oh, I can see this will be fun.

But I sympathize. It looks like our new apprentice will be Lucien. :slight_smile:

I know. I was quoting about Gunnvara because of the reference to that thread, and mentioning that I've notice and have intents for the thread, but need to get my pieces into place before I move.

Isn't that the whole point of playing Bonisagi?

Another question: can we pin down the author of Secrets of the Earth? Frederika is a glossing fiend, and will scrawl all over the book if her comm is better!

Do me a favor and give me an idea when exactly you plan on slotting Thomas in there? Because if you plan to slot him in in either 40 or 41, I'll need to advance him accordingly. Not that that's an issue mind you...

Hey, it's me. I've not been around much. Just experiencing mild ennui - I'll try to get back up to speed in the next week or two.

In the meantime, Bernat's "Enemies" is surfacing from time to time. Antoine has True Love, which hasn't impacted much yet, just a mild run-in with some pirates. He also now has Dependants, of course.