General Table Talk

Well, despite being quite political myself (and very anti-orange-fascism) I expect that All Roads Lead to Africa will be very apolitical.

Okay, trying to piece together the academics and library status- it seems to currently be in 1242, I'm not sure if someone else should be handling updating the library or if the usage needs to be updated (and by whom) in the magi planner...

FWIW, I'm very proud of you.

One needs to stand up sometimes, and I think it is always difficult, especially when one could just lay low.

Although it may seem like it with what's happened in Herakleion, I haven't much politicking in mind in any of the things I think Roberto may be doing. I just needed to address it. But if something bothers you, please tell me.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

As far as I can tell, the magi planner is to be used by the current players, so it doesn't need to be changed, unless some books are lost before their usage is scheduled. Maybe trimmed a little, but that's all

Hum, I guess I mean: What do you need?

between the academics and the librarians books will be written to begin with... and they can't copy books the magi are using, etc. Also not sure who is actually rround at this point, or what year I would be able to make changes in the academics plans from (I would guess from 1142 onwards)...

At this point I would not worry about the Magi Planner or any over lap. Just hand-wave what needs to be waved in order to get us moving forward from this point. Remember, there's Dragon Magic in these shelves. That is our catch all excuse for any incongruities.
One thing that Carmen has always wanted is to divide the library. A set of basic books & primers for young magi, and an exclusive Master's Library for older magi. Ideally the junior library would have high quality Summae, the Master's library would have the high level Summae and the Tractati.
Or something like that.
If not, we do have a number of redundant texts. Maybe it is time to sell some off or trade up?

1. I hate hand waving
  2. part of the purpose of the question was to determine how many tractatus have been developed for fertility lore to see where Fleur would be and her reaction to the text she was bequeathed...
  1. I am trying to be pragmatic
  2. I really have no idea. Decide upon a number that is reasonable.

I am still here and can help somewhat. I think my character was trapped in the Tribunal arc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember something about a breakthrough integrating alchemy.
Anyway. Glad to have you back. I need help figuring out
everything. Maybe work with silveroak to sort things out?

So, I guess the forums are back up (and looking suspiciously like the NaNo forums).

I'm still here and willing to play, if the game's still going.

As am I.

Yes!!!

So we shoulld discuss how we want to proceed. Sort of like a saga restart. I imagine a generous use of hand-waving and retconning. Do we want to reconfigure? I want to keep using these characters and so forth. I mean the way we have the covenant set up and the rules we were using and such. What works best for us? We have four players at hand. I am not concerned what someone outside might or might not do. I am only interested in what we might want or not want.

restart, yes, as long as we don't have to reset the characters- there are however some issues with that. for example Fleur has developed a lot of Mercere support for her research, which isn't something that can simply be reset without resetting the character...

We keep what we want to use in our future stories. We need to refamiliarize ourselves with each other's player-characters. Vibria has a few children at this point. Fleur and Roberto are on the same island, and Arachne is... I have no idea what she is doing.

Here's my question- what happens with the main covenant? If we are suddenly down to 4 magi (and how?) would it make sense to maintain a significant presence at what amounts to a chapter house when that makes for half the covenant?

The how is that we have four players and a bunch of NPCs I don't care much about. They may still be at Andorra, but they are philosophical zombies (as a figure of speech). It really depends on what we want to do. Do you want to consolidate that the keep? That works fine. The way I play Roberto, he is ready to cut loose and succeed. We could play it that way too.

Whatever we choose, I know that we are pretty good at smoothing over ridges and making things work. And now that I consider it some more, I think we should put some thought into metagame. How do we want to run new stories? Who wants to run a story? Do we wantto make any changes to our house rules? Some of those don't apply much any more, as they were created in the interests of past players. And some others are of no current value. And there are issues I avoided.

I am going to contemplate this as I work tonight. Brainstorm some thoughts and idea and I will respond later. I do have some ideas, but I want to hear other ideas and brew them together.

We talked towards the end about creating a chapterhouse in Africa- I suspect that some of the 'zombies' should get moved there, or perhaps moved to Mallorca and put the players in the main covenant. That allows us to have a tight roleplaying group geographically without discarding the remainder of the work entirely. Given the opportunity and assuming she is still managing her stable of authors, Fleur would definitely be willing to relocate to the main covenant, maybe take over the library as well...

Roberto ain't movin nowherz. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Some of the "zombies" have to stay. Though some or all may have been replaced. It is not much of a hierarchy if there are no underlings. Andorra is an Autumn Covenant.
Though a slide into Winter is an interesting option.
As for the library program and research, one or the should be your major focus and the other as a side gig. Measure your progress from there.
Another idea though, if you have a copy of Transforming Mythic Europe, I am fascinated by the Library ideas in there. I am fascinated by all the ideas actually. If you want to do something like that, it would be interesting. Of course, places like Durenamr and Doissetep would outclass us by magnitudes, but I can see us playing with the big dogs.
The Africa chapter is Fixer's idea. Check with him. I don't want any sticky widgets that are not being used. I am in a house cleaning mood. I have dropped to many balls already.
However, if it is something you want to do, let's go for it. I just don't want to be bogged down by things we are not doing. If it is a continuity thing, I can dig that. Though I have reset the clock on this saga at least once and retconned history twice. But hey, in the course of...
holy :poop:, it has been twenty five years.
In the course of 25 years, that is pretty good. Better than most franchises these days :sunglasses:

honestly it kind of feels like it has slipped into winter a bit, with some elements of spring as well- I kind of see Fleur's research as being a spring activity within a covenant that she joined in late autumn and is slipping into early winter. If a lot of the 'zombie mages' start disappearing into their labs or shuffling off to the islands, or shuffling off the their mortal coils as the case may be depending on age and warping, I think it could be an interesting period for the game- young turks like Fleur who have trouble getting authority to do anything because the older magi are more withdrawn from the management responsibilities they currently have.