General Table Talk

I'm good with how it was being done, or how you have proposed- I don't recall the old system well enough to be certain if there was a difference.

I don't mind it. But I seldom remember to use Comfidence, so I'm likely to forget to use Fortune as well...

This. Exactly this. Confidence is one of those things that when it wa used IMS everybody at the table was surprised and knew that the player or GM had reread the core rules in the past week.

It works out differently in PbP. At the table, it is easy to miss when the action is fast paced. In PbP, you have time to consider and think of every point you can add. Also, Confidence can be added after the fact. If it is ever critical, people will remind you.

Previously, other characters built up a vast numbers of unspent Confidence. The Fortune rule puts a cap on Confidence and refreshes it regularly. As a result, Confidence got used more yet only a few times per story.

Fortune is very meta-game. It is about the Players. You may respond to a call for help, player to player. You may wind up using it for a grog you are playing. Or maybe you will just stack points until something big happens. Or not.

Either way, I am presuming you understand the rule and are fine with it.

Yes

It gets used more often around here, and in other PbP games I made regular use as a player. But I think that this is a symptom of the media. It isn't worth it for the SG to hide numbers. The posts flow quicker if I set it up as "you need to roll x versus y, then describe your success or failure". I can't afford to be all coy about it like at the table. Thus, the player can see right away if Confidence can make an impact or not. Or I may remind them. Or someone will remind you.

If it may help, Arachne is kind of a recluse and does little to endear herself to people. Actually, she likes frighening them.
So she's her own flaw to covenant loyalty ^^

As far as I can tell, this is the right one. Shadows and light aren't species, and thus aren't Imaginem.

"+ 1 changing image" is wrongly spelled IMO. What you're changing is the intensity of the light.
Because that's the issue. Shadows vary, and the light that's ok one time may be too much, or too little, at some other point.
I'd put it this way:

• Rename the "changing image" into "variable light", and do some finesse roll (around 9) when you need to adjust it quickly on the spot (say, you enter a darklit room coming from a bright outside, and people may see you)
  • Or add an intellego requisite to adjust automatically given the ambiant light.

However.
IMO, changing a spell's intensity down should be possible, that's what finesse is for. So, If choosing the finesse option, I'd discard that additionnal magnitude, for a final level of 20.
If going the intellego route, it's harder to defend, but it feels reasonable, so I'd say Cr(In)Ig 25.

Another possibility is to make your body transparent to light through MuCo. You wouldn't be invisible without PeIm (It doesn't work that way, as far as I can tell), but that'd solve the shadow problem.

I legit laughed out loud at this.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, joyeux Noël, Bon Nadal, Feliz Navidad, and felicem natalem Christi, sodales.

3 Likes

Peace on eart and Goodwil to all.

“Glédelig Jul” as we say in Denmark. Here it’s well over, we celebrate on the evening ( CET) of the 24th.
I ate way too much, and the kids got way too many gifts. It actually wasn’t that bad, they behaved ok and got some good stuff.
Today I built a LEGO Architecture model of Empire State Building, 21.5” high. It’s awesome

2 Likes

Bon Nadal!!

1 Like

Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

Merci, et joyeux Noël à tous! :grin:

(Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!)

1 Like

! Feliz nuevo ano !

Bonne année!

I am looking a the wiki. The geneal grogs (not belonging to specific magi) seem out of the current date. Anywhere where I can look for current grog profiles to send on the expedition? Thx

Grab a name off the list and gen one up :slight_smile:
I need to check the wiki. How out of date are they?

15 years quite a few of those I checked. 1230.

Ok, will take Guy (the noble) as a base and change it to be an hospitallier from Vilamur that has taken an interest in Andorra. This way I can justify not using the group combat rules (I hate those in ArM5) and acting on his own a little: he is new to the area.

Map of Hospitallier posessions in Catalonia (that monastery page is just amazing BTW)
https://www.monestirs.cat/monst/hospital.htm

Since I’ll be playing the Woad on the expedition to North Africa, a new magus from foreign lands, I might benefit from playing a grog as well.
Preferably one with skills in relevant language, area lore etc. It doesn’t need to be a combat grog, maybe an animal handler and with social skills to play when the Woad with his Gift and being unfamiliar with local language and culture.
Are there any existing, named yet unstatted candidates for this?
Or can one be invented for this purpose? Preferably one which can also be used once back in Andorra