General Table Talk

I have an idea for a short adventure, but first I want to play a pair of adventures myself to get the feel of the saga.

(Wouldn't that be Summer of 1244, then? Or is Winter 1244 the beginning of 1245 and I'm a year off in my stuff?)

Since we found the owlbear tracks in Autumn of 1244 I think summer of 45 would be about right.

After gruagachan, I knew I needed to make a descendant of Marcellus... He was a gruagach before his time.

Agreed.
Especially if real life gets in. I though I could get back to ars, at least 1/week, and it's been at least 10 freaking since I've come here.
Roberto's story hasn't suffered because of it, but in a story with multiple players, I would have bogged everyone down.

In another forum I have played there is a rule: if you do not post in X days (decided by the SG) your character is assumed to be frozen for the round (if in action) or to have said something inappropriate if he/she needs to interact in a social situation. Whoever posts next (SG or player) can take control of your character and posts whatever you do. It helps to prevent those blocks you are referring.

X tends to be between 2 and 7 days, usually 3

Hi all - as noted, I'm finding it very difficult to respond in a timely manner at present - thank you to MM for stepping in. My apologies to everyone. Real life issues that I hope will settle.
Thank you, IBT

1 Like

No worries. Return to us whenever you can whenever you wish.
I just hope I am playing Vocis correctly. I know someone else created the character, but in my mind it is your design. Kind of like in comics or sci-fi. Peter David did not invent the Hulk or the Q. But his versions of these characters are quintessential.

Last night I had an Ars dream. Roberto was telling a story about about Andorra being in a contest with two or three other covenants to try to find and retrieve something in the Normandy Tribunal. The story came complete with a Raider's-esque map. They had the coordinates (which, I know, is post-period, but still). Andorra had ten years' worth of wheat and they came up through Spain and the Pyrenees instead of straight into France from the Mediterranean like the other two. And because (using dream science) wheat doesn't freeze, Andorra had to press on instead of stay for the winter.

I woke up before I got any resolution to the adventure. I think I might have been Vibria for a good part of the dream, but I do remember my real-dream self thinking I should post "Vibria sits there riveted by the story."

So. Yeah. I'm still weird.

1 Like

My apologies for going dark for a while. I have anxiety and depression and had a rough few weeks. I'll try and catch up as best I can in the next few days.

1 Like

No worries.Glad you are okay :slight_smile:

No apologies necessary. Just take things in your own time, the main thing is to get better.

Arf... I'm sorry. Take care, it's not easy to live through.

How are we doing dice rolls?

I remember Marko saying he doesn't care and trusts us. We can use the online roller we prefer, or roll physical dice and report the results.

I was pointed to http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/

Yeah. We used to use Invisible Castle here and in other sagas I played. That site went down so we switched to Coyote Code. IC may have been restored since long ago. But any site you prefer. Or roll a die at home. Or make up a number that seems reasonable (don't over do that). I honestly do notcare that much. I care a little bit though. Sometimes, if it is a super dramatic situation or fate hangs in the balance, I will need an official roll. But for the most part, it is not a big deal. A die roll is more for the benefit of the one rolling the die, as it is part of that individual player's fun and experience. If this was a live table game, I would want rolls. But in a PbP, it can bog things down if we rely on it to heavily.

Now that I think about it, rolling dice on http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ is the preferred method. Rolling dice at home using the honor system is acceptable though. Don't make numbers up.

Yeah, making numbers up sounded weird when I read it. For online games I tend to trust that people are adults and here to enjoy an experience, not "beat the game" (I myself carry 2D6 and 1D10 in my coat at all times; been doing that for the last 25 years), but in any case a preferred stable method look good.

I get carried away with my free wheeling attitude sometimes :cowboy_hat_face:

I also carry multiple dice with me in my back pack ("man purse"). two six-siders with pips, a d20, and a bunch of d10s.I carry numerous charms with my dice too; a Kennedy silver half-dolar an old man once gave me as a tip, my grandfathers Hellenic Lodge coin, a cheep bracelet I found back in my days working at a night club, and a smiley face rock my niece gave me.
Honestly, I am not superstitious. It is more of a subtle expression of my sense of identity.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m really glad to have the opportunity to play in the campaign again. It was just over 10 years ago.

It’s been a few years since I’ve played Ars Magica, nevertheless pbp. Hopefully it won’t take long to get into the swing of things.

I look forward to playing :0)

1 Like