General Table Talk

Melippe is a centaur sorcerer in my Monday night D&D campaign; we basically put the old campaign (with my beloved half-orc barbarian) on hiatus and started a new one with this lovely creature.

Art is by MamaBat2000 on Discord.

1 Like

And this will probably be my last rpg character artwork for a while; I'm doing a lot of work with my fursona.

This is Guiverna ex Miscellanea (and Semsuhfaw).

Art is by stephydrawsart_ on Instagram.

1 Like

Portrait of Cygna the Bjornaer, by Vicu Santos

1 Like

I haven't gotten around to mentioning that I got my plus owlbear a while back (in November) and posting a picture of it. So, here we go.

2 Likes

[quote="The Fixer, post:5543, topic:2830, username:The_Fixer"]
Ok, since there's near-0 chances that any of this will ever come to a point, I figured I'd put, mostly for @Peregrine_Bjornaer, what my ideas (or, rather, what I remember of them) were for Vibria.[/quote]
In the same spirit, and for @Marko_Markoko, here's all the stuff about Roberto:

1. Orin and stuff

Orin is a merinita magus. He doesn't care about Soteira, per se.
So, either this was part of an initiation for him, he wanted to bind her as a familiar, or he wanted access to the Pattern (I toyed with having a Rebma Pattern analogue in the dungeons of the palace. Something that would, say, transform you into a faerie).
But he wasn't a good guy. He was just more socially apt than poor old Roberto, at least in regard to faeries

1. The trials

So, basicallly, Roberto didn't need to do any trials, he could just have tried to win over the council members, since they each wanted something.
This changed a lot, as time went by: Type, number of trials... In the end, I believe there would have been 3 trials:

• a king must be strong: Roberto already won this, through his previous achievements :slightly_smiling_face:
  • a king must be able to make allies: Orin came from the undersea faerie covenant of Averorn, he would have made this one by crafting a treaty between the 2 realms.
    That leaves is with a tie, an the final trial:
  • a king must be fair and just: The whole story with Kasirga was, basically, a test of character: Would Roberto give precedence to ancient pacts, even at a cost to innocents? Or would he favor the realm's friends, at the risk of breaking his (or rather, the realm's) word?
    This went pear-shaped pretty quickly, but I believe you were handling it well :slightly_smiling_face:
  1. Marrying Soteira and becoming the King.

Likewise, no definite plans, just ideas. Maybe he'd just have gained a few Faerie Sympathies (kingship, water...You name it), maybe he'd just have gained access to the Pattern :grin:
I believed I mostly settled on the ideas of Mantles, lifted from the Dresden Files: an incorporal faerie (the sea king) living in the same body as Roberto, with the 2 able to shift at will. I tell you, this changed a lot, and I never had the time to write it down.
I'm not sure, it's been a long time. Maybe the sea king mantle would have been replaced by an invisible servant: Roberto would give orders, and the Sea would obey them :slightly_smiling_face:

1. What's up with Wirth?

Huh, maybe some other time. In short, he's dead. Yeah, he's my character, so I could kill him in impunity :grin: Why? Some other time^^ :wink:

That's all! I hope you liked it :smiley:
Thanks for all the good times :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Just so everyone knows, I still love this came, I love this campaign, and I love you guys.
I just cannot handle the PbP format anymore. I have been gaming online with Roll20 for a VTT and Discord for voice. It is noy the same as IRL, but it is in real time. I wanted to switch Andorra over to that format, but we all live in different time zones across the world and have different comfort levels with spoken English.
Maybe some day?

As a side note, I did have Peregrine in one of my OSR games for a while. The game ran too late for him, and that campaign came to a close shortly thereafter. I am still running a BECMI game set in Mystara every other week on Tuesday, and a LotFP game set in Paris 1630 every week on Thursday. If any of you guys want to join one of those, and/or if anyone is interested in setting up a voice chat game of any system (using Roll20/Discord), let me know. :slight_smile: :smiley:

That'd be cool. All the best!

This is more than wishful thinking. I am actively trying to recruit you guys into my Discord game group. Right now the games are mainly BECMI and some PF1, I have another server I am trying to merge that has LOTFP, and another that is OSE/BX. I do want to start a new Ars campaign, and teach it to these other guys.