General Table Talk

I have one currently under way for my tiefling warlock not-a-pirate captain; I'll share the SFW commission when it's done, which should be (hopefully) soon-ish.

Ok, just to see.

I have an idea that may involve about anyone from Andorra.
Subject, sadly, to usual caveats.

Anyone interested, or is this well and truly dead?

I am here. Been trying to work up a response for that one story, but every time I sit to think about it I get distracted.

I don't want to call it "well and truly dead" just yet (after all, I have both Vibria and Guiverna in my Character Art Commission Queue), but I really don't have that much interest at this time. More than willing to follow along from the box seat, though.

Okay.

So if either or both of you are willing, I am game.
Flying from the seats of my pants (aside from the 1 sentence idea, the following 2- sentences details have already changed twice), so it may be quite short and easily dealt with, but who cares! :smiley:

Ok, I wrote down the current template. A whole paragraph, yeah! :smiley:

@Marko_Markoko Cool :slight_smile:

Urkh, back on ukrainians.

So. I mentioned a while back that I've been on a character art commission spree, but just realized that I've been...negligent in sharing them here like I said I would. So, let's fix that, shall we? (And these are all characters in D&D campaigns that I'm current in on Discord.)

This is Desdemona; she's a tiefling warlock with the sailor/pirate Background, currently 6th level.

Art by instagram.com/victoriasantos.art

Tula is a 3rd level tiefling paladin in a play-by-post campaign.

(Art by Sarah (LadyLoon#2258 ) on Discord)

Merit is a 2nd level human Cleric, priestess of Ra.

(Art by Instagram.com/clarafang12)

This is Clipper, 8th level Halfling.

This was Clipper when she was just a 1st level Halfling. I rolled up the character, boght equipment, and did a google search for Halfling, Sword, Bow". This was the first pic that came up.

I currently have...eep! Four commissions under way.

• Megan the Fire Giantess and Fru: Megan is the MC in a low-fantasy story I back-burnered a while back and wound up in a free-form rp thread on Discord; there aren't any real giants in her lit-world, she's just called that because she's 7'4" tall with fiery red hair. Fru is a deep gnome wizard played by a friend of mine.
  • Mist: a water genasi wizard.
  • Rulona Hammerleaf: a dwarf paladin.
  • Mopall Weeble: a rock gnome barbarian.

Mopall, I just commissioned a few minutes ago; I had filled out the artist's commission request form a couple of months ago but they've just recently gotten to me in their workflow.

The SFW pics will be posted here when they're done.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad that you're having fun and enjoying yourself :slight_smile:

I am glad you enjoed :slight_smile: I promise I will catch up as soon as the season is over. I am working as a chef for a sorority. Finals are next week and then I am off all summer.

2 Likes

Another successful character commission.

Mopall Weeble, my rock gnome barbarian. She fights in the Phandelin arena in a series of one-shots on the Disastrous DMs server. I'm hoping the battles pick up again, but I don't know.

(Art by Login • Instagram)

zeb

This is Zeb, a 10th level Elf.

2 Likes

I actually had two commissions finish yesterday/last night. First is Rulona Hammerleaf, my hill dwarf paladin in a pbp on Discord. (Art by Login • Instagram)

The other one may look familiar to some of you: Fiona ex Miscellanea (art by Login • Instagram)

1 Like

Ok, since there's near-0 chances that any of this will ever come to a point, I figured I'd put, mostly for @Peregrine_Bjornaer, what my ideas (or, rather, what I remember of them) were for Vibria.

Spoilers ahead!

This started from several train of thoughts
The first was Marko's depiction of Sigmundo as not really caring (at best) of his dumber children, and kinda curating them for intelligence.
The second was the realisation that Sigmundo is a freakin' dragon. He ain't human.
The third being male tendency of control over women and feminine bodies. I can't even pat myself on the back for being prescient there, since this is too much of a recurring problem.

There was idea, again introduced by Marko, that Sigmundo had, all things considered, quite a lot of children. But if dragons reproduce that much, how can humanity thrive?
The answer, of course, is that they don't.
Here comes the fourth idea: All the christian and chevalrous tales in which dragons are defeated.

So. Most dragons have very few children, if any, over their long lifes. One, two at most.
A few can bypass this limit, but this doesn't really create dragons. Just lesser beasts. And these have a limited life span: Some age and die quickly, some wander aimlessly and die of acclimatation, and some get killed by saints or knights. And there are those who get killed by Dragons, if only because those are territorial beasts.
All in all, Dragons are going extinct.

Sigmundo's endgame is this: He wants to create a new species, which would have the strengths of dragons (those are obvious) and humanity (Quick and numerous reproduction, invulnerability to acclimatation, versatile magical ability...). Ideally, he'd become a kind of ascended being to these, who would worship him as an ancestor god, but that's a secondary goal over survival of his kind.
So he's been experimenting for quite a while now.
As such, he doesn't love Vibria, not the way she thinks. She's just the closest he's come to achieving his life's goal, which is why he cares about her, protects her and helps her along. But in the end, it's his goal that matters, not Vibria's wishes or well-being.

There was also this idea of an ancient people in the mountain that he has been at war with or exterminated, I don't remind much. I suppose the idea was both to remind Vibria that Sigmundo is not human (and may be, in fact, quite ruthless), and maybe to give her clues about his plans.

There's also this canonical magus in france who's also dragon blooded. He'd be the result of a Rival of Sigmundo, with similar goals. Hearing about Vibria, he'd be curious, and come pay a visit. This was quite open-ended. He would have no dragon transformation whatsoever, and could end up a friend, a rival... His dragon ancestor would either help him against vibria, or prove a hurdle. He could even have ended up as a warning when you go too far, I dunno.

Vibria, if not pursuing the Dragon form, would sooner or later come into conflict with Sigmundo. One possible form of settlement would be for her to have children, and pass them over to him, but even this would have to be negociated, as she is his greatest success to date, yet her transformation is not complete. In that case, Sigmundo would run a much tighter leash over them, which I could have used to generate hooks for Vibria, actions have consequences, things like that.

If doing the dragon route, she'd have to improve her current ability with further transformations. I see the thing as kinda crippling her ability to work magic (deficiencies, things like that), as her powers turns more and more inwards, to support her dragon form and powers, not unlike a puffed-up chimera.
Final twilight would turn her into a "true" dragon, minus the gift, somewhat based on the immortality rules in the Mysteries.

Things could go different ways, but even in the "best" of cases, there would be tension with sigmundo, and, sooner or later, she'd have to assert herself towards him. Obviously, things could be resolved in any number of ways.

So that's it, in a nutshell.

1 Like

Still not done with character commissions. This one, we should all recognize: the first of two portraits of our beloved Vibria Flambonis.

(art by Redirecting...)

2 Likes

Another character commission. This one is my halfling rogue, Jasmine Featherstone, and her rescue giant badger Puil, from my every-other-Thursday D&D game on Discord (art by https://instagram.com/jhess.oliveira/)

3 Likes

And the other commissioned picture of Vibria. (art by Redirecting...)

1 Like